05-14-09, 10:28 PM   #1
Ptolemi
A Kobold Labourer
Quest zone listing

I can never figure out how to make it so when I am in a zone and i bring up my map it shows me across the map a listing of where all the different quests that I can get are.

05-14-09, 10:58 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe it is one of the buttons on the Quest Watcher that toggles between quests and dailies and such.

I know one when clicked puts the little parchment icon where the quests are located.

05-17-09, 09:12 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From ReadMe file:

-- Quests

The quest log replaces the original quest log. Like most windows it is fully sizeable.
You can Click the button or Shift Click any quest title in the quest log to add it to the watch list. When you pick up a new quest it will be automatically added to the watch list. Any quest can be watched including quests with no objectives. You can add as many quests to the watch list as you like. If you Shift Click a quest category header it will add/remove all quests under that category.

Right Clicking a quest in the quest log will bring up a menu with additional options.

Menu:
Watch All Quests will mark all quests as being watched, so they show in the Watch List.
Share will try to share the quest with your party.
Abandon will ask you if you want to abandon the quest.

The quest log has 3 additional tabs:
- History: a history of completed quests
- Database: a searchable list of quests in the database (shows current map zone by default)
- Player: You can Right Click another Carbonite user's map icon to retrieve their quests. Their quests will show up in this tab.

Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.

Quest Watch List Objective Buttons

The round buttons to the left of the quests/objectives have several functions.

Left Click will activate "GOTO" mode. This display the location and direction of the objective on the world map. The map will scale so that you and your target are always visible.

Shift Left Click will toggle the display of quest objectives on/off, but not track it.

Alt Left Click will send a status message about the quest to party chat.

Right Click will bring up a menu with additional options.

Alt Right Click will open the Quest Log with that quest selected.

The black squares will show a tooltip with quest information if you put the mouse cursor over them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest zone listing