02-14-06, 08:21 AM   #1
seargent13
A Murloc Raider
new project

hey, i got a project in mind, i was thinking about changing the world of warcraft login screen to something different. how hard exactly would this be? (if possible)
if anyone else is attempting this or has done it before let me know.

if you dont know what i mean, i mean change this:

into a picture of choice. cause for me and prolly a couple others, that backround is boring..
even just a still picture is fine. I was thinking like a stoned smurf.
In the mean time i will attempt this on my own, but put your input in the thread.
02-14-06, 08:30 AM   #2
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The login screen is not part of the FrameXML, its part of the GlueXML, which is not changable or overridable, unfortunately. Because the system deals with logins and passwords, which are tied to credit card numbers on the billing end, I doubt you'll see a change prior to The Burning Crusade.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
02-14-06, 08:32 AM   #3
seargent13
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
The login screen is not part of the FrameXML, its part of the GlueXML, which is not changable or overridable, unfortunately. Because the system deals with logins and passwords, which are tied to credit card numbers on the billing end, I doubt you'll see a change prior to The Burning Crusade.
my dream shattered, thanks tho
02-14-06, 08:33 AM   #4
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ironically, my software company and personal domain have always been http://brokendreams.net. Its really my specialty =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
02-14-06, 08:44 AM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Ironically, my software company and personal domain have always been http://brokendreams.net. Its really my specialty =)
It's true! Clad broke my heart! *sobs*
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-14-06, 09:15 AM   #6
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
on the side note it may be possible by simplying overriding the graphics file. However you wont be able to move anything around.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » new project