03-11-10, 07:27 PM   #1
wishmeluck
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A Few Interface Questions

I have a few questions about a couple mods.

1. In Pitbull3 is it possible to make it show my debuff icons larger than other people's debuffs? (Yes I know you can in Pitbull4, but I prefer PB3.)

2. In AzCastBar, is it possible to make it not show the cast bar for a specific cast? I.E. Don't show the cast bar when I cast Drain Soul.

3. In AzCastBar, is it possible to have the mod show each tick of a channeled spell? Like how Forte shows each tick of drain soil.

4. I am trying to get a KGPanel to only show when I am casting, and I am unable to find the name for the UI parent for the cast bars. I have the macro, but it just says world frame, when I do it over the cast bars (Works for everything else.) If it is not possible to hook the panel to the cast bar (I use AzCastBar) is it possible to make it only show the panel when I am casting? If it is possible, can you link me a script for it, I have been unable to find one.
03-12-10, 12:25 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

1.) No
2.) Not without hacking the lua
3.) Not without hacking the lua
4.) Should be able to parent them to ACB's castbars - I remember when Aezay actually named all the castbars so you COULD parent to them.
03-12-10, 12:30 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

In regards to #4, I looked it up.

- Core: Each bar frame will now have a global name, the format is "AzCastBarPlugin<TOKEN>", where token is the specific name of that frame, e.g. "Player". This was a request to allow panels to be anchored to AzCastBar frames.
Should be able to parent to AzCastBarPlayer.
03-12-10, 01:07 AM   #4
wishmeluck
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
In regards to #4, I looked it up.

Should be able to parent to AzCastBarPlayer.

Sweet thnx man.

When you say hack the lua, do you mean mess with the mod it's self, or like hacking the game? Sry the 'hack' part has me thrown.
03-12-10, 01:34 AM   #5
AxnJackson11
A Fallenroot Satyr
he means go into the .lua code and make the modifications to the code yourself to meet the standards you set
03-12-10, 01:52 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by wishmeluck View Post
<snip>
1. In Pitbull3 is it possible <snip>
I ignored the rest of the post - why the hell are you still using Pitbull3? Not only is it no longer maintained, but Pitbull4 is much easier to configure and much less CPU intensive.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
03-12-10, 02:33 AM   #7
wishmeluck
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Dunno, I couldn't get pit4 to look like I wanted it to, and I am not really worried about CPU usage.
03-12-10, 02:49 AM   #8
trezy
A Cliff Giant
In regards to number 3, Quartz 3 now shows each tick of all channeled spells, its pretty nifty.
03-12-10, 10:19 AM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I come at things from a mid-90s programming terminology - "hack" just means "open up and alter".

Originally, "hacking" meant "inspired coding" - when you're in the zone and everything clicks perfectly and you turn out gorgeous programming. Then it devolved into "altering somebody else's code to get the exact result you want". Then the media latched onto it because it's an 'ugly' word, and changed it into a term used for illegal usages of computers.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A Few Interface Questions