08-15-11, 10:38 PM   #1
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wtb Widescreen

Looking for a Widescreen monitor for around 80-150, any thoughts?
08-16-11, 12:19 AM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Try This

Asus has been in the game for a few years now for monitors. You can't really go wrong with that.

Here is a more specific list.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
08-16-11, 12:20 AM   #3
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

Good luck finding a quality one at retail brand new for that price. Unless the store's having a major sale, its just not going to happen.

Mine's a Samsung 19" 2043nw, and I got it 2 years ago brand new for 200 bucks, and they sell used for about what you're asking for (on the high end)

My suggestion is check pawn shops, or check online classifieds (like Kijiji in Canada). you never know when you'll find a deal.
08-16-11, 05:13 AM   #4
Othgar
"That" Guy

Go cruise around newegg some I found this one there just with a quick search sorted by price low-high.

And like Landrell said, you really can't go wrong with Asus. They put out some quality stuff.

Don't over look Acer either. They may not be the top of the line but they've come a long way since they first showed up a few years back. My monitor is an emachines 23" 1920x1080 and I have zero complaints, I think I paid in the neighborhood of 150 for it new a few months back.

Last edited by Othgar : 08-16-11 at 05:18 AM. Reason: trigger happy on the post button
08-16-11, 08:58 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I've actually been really impressed with Hannspree. I got a 21" Hanspree 1680x1050 monitor about 3 years ago at Best Buy for $180. I'm still using it as my main gaming monitor - no dead pixels, good contrast, pretty good response time. I'd be willing to spend money on another.

I also really like LG - I've got a 20" standard width monitor that I've been using for 6 years, also has no dead pixels and good response. :>
08-16-11, 10:30 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm actually fond of my 24" Sceptre that I got a couple of years ago from CompUSA for about $150. (Yeah, they closed most of their stores, but the website still has great deals.) Hubby says that WoW looks so much nicer on my screen than on his 26" Planar.

http://www.compusa.com

These are the links from today's email I got:
Overstock Deals (there are more monitor deals if you view the Monitor category)
Top Deals Under $100
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-16-11, 12:21 PM   #7
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
I've actually been really impressed with Hannspree. I got a 21" Hanspree 1680x1050 monitor about 3 years ago at Best Buy for $180. I'm still using it as my main gaming monitor - no dead pixels, good contrast, pretty good response time. I'd be willing to spend money on another.
I've had good luck with Hannspree, and Hanns-G products in the past. They're usually your best bang for the buck if you're not planning to spend a whole lot. I got my 28" Hanns-G back in May for a decent price, and it's been serving me quite well.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'm actually fond of my 24" Sceptre that I got a couple of years ago from CompUSA for about $150.
I remember Scepter from back in the CRT days. They had some really great monitors back then. If the quality is anywhere near what it used to be, you can't really go wrong with a Scepter.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
08-16-11, 02:05 PM   #8
Ither
A Firelord

Vert--

I have a Dell Ultrasharp 24" that I'd let go for $150 plus shipping.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the photos.

I don't use it anymore now that I have my 30" monitors.
08-17-11, 12:11 AM   #9
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I was able to buy a Samsung UN22500 for $190 ($300 originally, was on sale for $200, but it was the last one so I got a 10% discount) at Fry's Electronics. If you can save up a little more, you might be able to find a good TV monitor instead. It can do a lot more than a regular computer monitor.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Wtb Widescreen