05-07-09, 11:16 AM   #1
Charaid
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Annoying "Tink Tink" sound...

So I love Carbonite. I finally threw away my Questhelper cuz it pretty much sucks. Carbonite is amazing. My one and only complaint,which has forced me to stop using it, is this little "tink" sound that plays randomly, about 20 times per minute.

What is this and how do I turn it off? I'd love to keep playing WoW with Carbonite, but the sound is just too annoying to justify it.

I checked my headphones,
I checked my soundcard driver

05-07-09, 11:36 AM   #2
TiaMaster
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The only 'tink' sound I know of in Carbonite (you're sure its Carbonite, BTW?) is the sound that plays when you arrive at a waypoint. Are you farming nodes or something when this happens?

05-07-09, 06:10 PM   #3
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I hear no annoying sounds pr minute.
Perhaps trying to switch of options labeled as being related to sound might help.

Perhaps its the "punks" thing, which for some reason always seems to be switched on - doesn't it to a tink when an enemy is near bay.

05-08-09, 01:02 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure what you are hearing. Reaching a target makes a small sound, which can be switched off in the next version. "Play alert sound on match" in the Social & Punks options page is on by default.

05-08-09, 02:38 PM   #5
wcoffey
A Defias Bandit

sounds too

i also have an annoying sound that plays in-game. i finally found out is was an error reporting add-on.
if i empty bugsack the sound goes away until there is another error. i hope this helps

05-08-09, 06:52 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by wcoffey View Post
i also have an annoying sound that plays in-game. i finally found out is was an error reporting add-on.
if i empty bugsack the sound goes away until there is another error. i hope this helps
You can turn that off in the options of Bugsack.

05-08-09, 11:41 PM   #7
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

My wife and I found this as well. What we found was that Carbonite adds a couple of special chat channels, and if you use something like Chat Sounds you may hear a sound everytime Carbonite sends/received data on these channels. Had to disable the "Custom" channels sound in Chat Sounds.

Kind of a bummer, because those aren't the only custom channels we have, but given that Carbonite seems to need them to get something done we opted to disable the Chat sounds instead of Carbonite.

It was a close thing with my wife however, as a Guild master and part of a very large Alliance she wasn't very happy with having to turn that option off and potentially miss alliance messages.

05-09-09, 09:33 AM   #8
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Amazing you can stand getting pings every time someone posts to a channel - I would imagine it was one long sound *G*

But, talk to the people who make 'Chat Sounds' - ask them to add a feature to remove sounds from channels of choice

05-09-09, 09:59 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Several addons other than Carbonite use custom chat channels to send data. An addon should really have the option to not do a feature to certain chat channels. For example, I would only want whispers and guild making a sound. I would be quickly annoyed if General and Trade messages made sounds.

05-10-09, 06:54 PM   #10
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Several addons other than Carbonite use custom chat channels to send data. An addon should really have the option to not do a feature to certain chat channels. For example, I would only want whispers and guild making a sound. I would be quickly annoyed if General and Trade messages made sounds.
Actually another problem I have is the silly nonsensical chat channels Carbonite creates. I have to go into my chat box filter and tell it I don't want to see those. Then they pop back up next time I log in. Is there a way to keep Carbonite from adding those chat channels all the time?

05-10-09, 07:56 PM   #11
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
Actually another problem I have is the silly nonsensical chat channels Carbonite creates. I have to go into my chat box filter and tell it I don't want to see those. Then they pop back up next time I log in. Is there a way to keep Carbonite from adding those chat channels all the time?
They should not be visible, if you see them you probably have a different addon that is making them visible.

05-11-09, 05:31 PM   #12
Charaid
A Defias Bandit
thanks

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

The original problem started when i was back tracking through Northrend to get my Loremaster achievement. I was sick of Quest Helper just crapping out on me. Yes, I rely on an addon to help me with quests...but I can use these without feeling like a noob cuz i've been playing WoW since the Beta ^_^.

Anyway..i was in Grizzly Hills hovering over a town on my flyer...when the "tinks" were most annoying. I finally figured that they were trying to indicate something around me that needed my attention...but i could never find out what it was. No nodes....only a town with a flight master, an inn, etc.

Since I left Grizzly Hills is hasn't been nearly as annoying. Thank god. Carbonite is the most useful addon I've ever downloaded. My thanks goes out to the authors.

Glad to hear that in the next version one will be able to disable the chat-sound thingie.

As a side note...I'm retarded....I turned the transparency on my quest tracker to 0% becuase it was blocking an important raiding addon on my screen. yes, i could have just closed Carbonite...but I was in a hurry. Now, my stupid self, i can't get the quest tracker to re-appear. Yes, noobish rookie mistake. ^_^

Thanks guys

05-12-09, 04:07 AM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

/carb resetwin
is one method.

Right click Carb minimap button, select Options, select Reset page and clicking "Reset Watch Window layout" should work.

05-12-09, 10:45 AM   #14
wownaab
A Kobold Labourer
Question how to make it work

i cant ralt see how to make the carbonite addon work whit wow and use it in the game, can eny tell me how to do this

05-14-09, 04:09 AM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.carboniteaddon.com/install.shtml

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Annoying "Tink Tink" sound...