05-11-13, 08:11 AM   #1
Mitzrael79
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Global profile or changing default options

I'm sorry for my question, but is there any way to apply my options to all my toons without changing them for every one?
I noticed that this feature is automatic on beta version, but not in live one (and I had to reinstall live one because of database failures in beta).

For many addon there is the possibility to manage profiles, create a global user profile or something like these soutions.

Let me know and thanks

05-11-13, 01:55 PM   #2
dhjohn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Under Reset in the options, you can select a character to import settings from. You will have to do his for each character, each time you change settings.

05-11-13, 03:59 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
You can also try the alpha release, as it has gone to account wide settings instead of per char.

05-12-13, 04:50 AM   #4
Mitzrael79
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for reply, I used alpha version and I loved accountwide options, but I hade to switch to Live one, because I was questing in Uldum and no quests were in database

07-05-13, 03:04 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
You can also try the alpha release, as it has gone to account wide settings instead of per char.
I recently switched from the Release version to the latest CarboniteBETA-530a1r2 version.

I'm happy that the settings for one char can be applied to all char's. However, I really wish it was an option instead of a global setting. Now, I can't customize anything for individual characters, and I do have the necessity to do so. Please consider re-allowing user control (saving/applying/etc.) over custom char profiles, without removing the optional global setting choice.

07-09-13, 06:32 PM   #6
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I recently switched from the Release version to the latest CarboniteBETA-530a1r2 version.

I'm happy that the settings for one char can be applied to all char's. However, I really wish it was an option instead of a global setting. Now, I can't customize anything for individual characters, and I do have the necessity to do so. Please consider re-allowing user control (saving/applying/etc.) over custom char profiles, without removing the optional global setting choice.
have to agree with this one... though I'm pretty sure there is a way to hook the "per character" keybindings setting that will allow any addon to do this. I might be mistaken though.

08-14-13, 04:25 PM   #7
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
Am I reading this correctly - Carb no longer supports profiles?

Because I'm not able to find it right now. Terribly upsetting. What about the UI modding community? What about having characters who's roles are different? Are we honestly expected to want the map to be the exact same dimensions and location across our raider/pvp/gatherer/crafter characters? That's.. just. no.

Please tell me when this will be put back in, or what version I need to fall back to. The map, a huge part of Carb, is unusable for all but one character this way for me.

Last edited by Mossclaw : 08-14-13 at 11:09 PM.

08-15-13, 04:40 AM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It will be back as soon as I figure out the best way to handle it, since settings are now spread across several addons, and several saved variable files now.

08-15-13, 11:53 PM   #9
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
Oh thank goodness! You have no idea how relieved I am to hear this. Patience, I can muster!

Thank you so much!

One more "!", just because of the joy it expresses. <laughs>

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Global profile or changing default options