06-26-10, 07:10 AM   #1
kidxrated
A Defias Bandit
Question Runes of magic Carbonite????

I am wondering if Carbonite will be released for Runes Of Magic cause thats what i play if not what is a good program like Carbonite for Runes Of Magic.

06-27-10, 02:37 AM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Looks like this might be as close as you can get to Carbonite. Doubtful that the authors of Carb would be willing to spend time porting it to RoM seeing as its quite difficult to keep ahead of just WoW patches, let alone a whole new version of their addon,

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-28-10, 02:32 AM   #3
kidxrated
A Defias Bandit
I think the client for wow is fine now the way its any more changes you will mess it up i think its time for a ROM client of some sort i hate paying to play wow just for carb so why not make it for Runes of Magic if not what else can i use its like wow is favoured more WTF and really its not hard to fix carb for wow
just a lil exploring on the net and your done so yea it would be nice to see a runes of magic version of this any ways I know this wont happen but its worth the wish.

06-28-10, 02:38 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I will say this; you can write one HECK of a long sentence.

06-28-10, 09:21 AM   #5
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by kidxrated View Post
I think the client for wow is fine now the way its any more changes you will mess it up i think its time for a ROM client of some sort i hate paying to play wow just for carb so why not make it for Runes of Magic if not what else can i use its like wow is favoured more WTF and really its not hard to fix carb for wow
just a lil exploring on the net and your done so yea it would be nice to see a runes of magic version of this any ways I know this wont happen but its worth the wish.
First of all... Whole different database from one game to another. I don't play RoM so I know nothing of it. This would also have to assume that the carbonite authors played RoM - which they probably don't. It's good to take a working good template (like Carbonite) and apply it to another game, if possible, however I can only imagine there would still be a lot of database coding and gathering to do.

My suggestion is to get one of the RoM addon creators to get trial version of WoW (if they don't play) and install Carbonite and see if they can make anything out of it that would work. That's probably your best bet in how to get Carbonite (or a similarity) to RoM - just tell them they can be famous and well known/liked for creating such an awesome addon!

06-28-10, 07:20 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the client for wow is fine now the way its any more changes you will mess it up.
Updates need to be done to make sure Carbonite stays compatible with WoW. If new WoW features are added hopefully Carbonite does something to support that.

i hate paying to play wow just for carb so why not make it for Runes of Magic
If your paying for WoW to use Carbonite your doing it wrong. Why would you pay a montly fee to a game to use an addon?

wow is favoured more WTF
Seeing as to how it's one of the most played MMO's I can see why it's favored more.

Iand really its not hard to fix carb for wow
just a lil exploring on the net and your done
Fixing an addon is not always that easy. And not to sure what you mean by "lil exploring on the net means".

But your never going to see a Carbonite on ROM. The people behind Carbonite are barely supporting it anymore as they have moved on. Thankfully one person has stayed around to keep Carbonite working for now. Chances are though they will be no longer helping keep WoW updated for much longer. Honestly I'm surprised to see him still fixing Carbonite.

I suggest you take schizophrena idea.

Hit up the ROM addon forums talk to the people there. Link them to youtube videos of Carbonite. See if they can get something like this going over there.

06-28-10, 10:16 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

\nods vigorously in Sepioth's direction

If I were the one updating Carb, I would not for a single second consider porting the addon to a different game. Especially one that is no doubt written in a completely different programming language.

I'm not sure where you got your information, but I guarantee you it would NOT be easy. Just building a database of quest information as a starting point would be like climbing Mount Everest in a blizzard without oxygen tanks.

And frankly I think the Carb guys (or guy) have shown the patience of Mother Theresa. Myself, I would've gone ballistic the first time someone demanded "fex iT NAOW!". The addon would've been removed as a public, FREE download and just used by me and my friends.

I commend Carboniteaddon for his patience and hard work.

Last edited by voodoodad : 06-29-10 at 03:58 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Runes of magic Carbonite????