11-10-09, 04:08 PM   #41
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
While there are those that can literally find another game that they enjoy enough to stop playing WoW, I do not personally know a person who has stopped playing and never came back. When people say they are quitting or going to stop playing WoW, I take it in a general sense that they are taking a nice "break". I just had a friend that took almost a year off come back to just hang around (at least for now, anyway).

I'm sure you will be back for Cataclysm (at least), Xrystal.
Like those of us who played SWG pre-CU, we keep hoping Blizz will try to bring the game back to 'the good old days', whatever time that was for you in WoW. I miss pre naxx vanilla, but I also miss BC as it was in the middle of it's prime (just before 2.4). I miss minor tweaks instead of major overhauls. And I miss playing with mature players, without having to require it.

I do keep coming back to check in with friends and see how things are, but I'm now perma banned from oForums and have no means of finding old friends without major work (ie.. logging into 10+ servers to track down a small group, for a number of small groups and individuals). So, without getting another account just for friend finding, I'm done until I think they've gone back to their roots.

I can't seem to stay away from WoWI, or a couple old guild sites, though. My e-friends are held in high regards.

And a word of advice, never post about deleted threads on oForums... even in the most tactful of manners.
11-10-09, 04:15 PM   #42
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Like those of us who played SWG pre-CU, we keep hoping Blizz will try to bring the game back to 'the good old days', whatever time that was for you in WoW. I miss pre naxx vanilla, but I also miss BC as it was in the middle of it's prime (just before 2.4). I miss minor tweaks instead of major overhauls. And I miss playing with mature players, without having to require it.

I do keep coming back to check in with friends and see how things are, but I'm now perma banned from oForums and have no means of finding old friends without major work (ie.. logging into 10+ servers to track down a small group, for a number of small groups and individuals). So, without getting another account just for friend finding, I'm done until I think they've gone back to their roots.

I can't seem to stay away from WoWI, or a couple old guild sites, though. My e-friends are held in high regards.

And a word of advice, never post about deleted threads on oForums... even in the most tactful of manners.
Oh wow tell me about it .. when they bought in CU in SWG ir pretty much killed my whole enjoyment of the game. When I had people coming from all over the galaxy to buy my droids it was an enjoyment to spend hours on hours making them knowing that within a week they'll be someones pal Also having a bio engineer and creature handler as well kinda nipped it in the bud when they trashed those classes and made it so that instead of working for Jedi Powers you were handed it on a platter.

That last part was the last straw for my fiance. The fact that the trader forums had no post from a Dev while we were asking questions and offering suggestions to make our much loved class work with the new game was the clincher for me.

That is one reason I like Aion. I can sit for hours and hours making items or farming mats for such because I know they will sell within a week on the AH. Heck, even the mats sell for a fair amount in minutes. Here's hoping the new Star Wars is as good as original SWG or better Bioware is known for great work so *crosses fingers*.
11-10-09, 04:38 PM   #43
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm more than sure I'll give SW:TOR a good try out, but I'm an old dog who doesn't want new tricks to replace my old ones. I don't mind doing new tricks on occasion (and sometimes I really like new tricks), but I really liked Pre CU SWG enough to play it now as it's being rebuilt.

There's a thread in Chit Chat from around April or late March if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, I think games that have you RP, without even realizing you are RPing, are the best I've played. WoW was once like that, until they changed things enough to never be able to 'settle in'.

Anyway, I hope you keep in touch with all of us WoWI/nUI fans, no matter where your journey takes you.
11-12-09, 11:45 AM   #44
Seer
A Molten Giant
While there are those that can literally find another game that they enjoy enough to stop playing WoW, I do not personally know a person who has stopped playing and never came back.
I quit/stopped playing WoW 4 times allready....
11-12-09, 06:09 PM   #45
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
I quit/stopped playing WoW 4 times allready....
See

Also: there is that "special moment" of WoW to me that I would do a heck of a lot to go back and re-live, but that's just not possible. I just hope to create more memories to come
11-13-09, 04:49 AM   #46
Seer
A Molten Giant
I just hope to create more memories to come
Try to remember the original talentrees way back in WoW 1.x :-p

http://wowvault.ign.com/talentcalcul...skillclassid=9

Been a long time.. Not sure the above link is correct tho.
11-13-09, 02:01 PM   #47
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Try to remember the original talentrees way back in WoW 1.x :-p

http://wowvault.ign.com/talentcalcul...skillclassid=9

Been a long time.. Not sure the above link is correct tho.
WOW! So little talents! Lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » On the way out soon ...