10-03-06, 02:16 AM   #1
milford
A Defias Bandit
Sorting my character list?

I'd love to have some "addon" which let me modify the Character Selection screen so that the list of characters was sorted after lvl or something instead of just date created. Is there any way to do something like this? =)

Last edited by milford : 10-03-06 at 02:18 AM.
10-03-06, 03:53 AM   #2
Diurnos
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
im not really experienced with these things, but from my guess out this isnt possible since the sorting of your characters happens server side and not client side, and i think your addons will start loading after you loaded the game so at character select you havent got any loaded addons yet.
10-03-06, 06:53 AM   #3
Fin
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by milford
I'd love to have some "addon" which let me modify the Character Selection screen so that the list of characters was sorted after lvl or something instead of just date created. Is there any way to do something like this? =)
Unfortunately the list is stored server side, so cannot be modified by your client.
10-04-06, 01:19 AM   #4
milford
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for your replies and let me apologize for not being more specific in my original post.

I know that regular addons aren't loaded until you enter the world and that the data to fill out the character list is sent from the server. However, from what I can see in the Interface.mpq/GlueXML/CharacterSelect.lua file it's a very simple loop that lists the chars on my screen. Wouldn't it be possible to like.. store these results in a list of some sort, add another loop or whatever to sort the chars and then put this .lua file in the "WoW/interface/GlueXML/"-folder? =)

Thanks in advance for any tip! =)

edit: doesn't seem like the game wants me to have files in that folder (appends a .old to it) so I guess this won't work :'(

Last edited by milford : 10-04-06 at 02:10 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Sorting my character list?