Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-27-12, 10:09 AM   #1
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Taint in MoP, buffs, dropdown and nameplates

I got some questions for you, first of all, buffs are easy to taint, just changing buff border with a script is enough to make you unable to right-click buffs since canceling is now protected. The issue now is that if you wish to change the buffs layout, even JUST the time format on the auras, you need to make a whole addon and write a ton of code as anything will break the ability to cancel buffs. Are there plans to change this or will we have to use the SecureAuraHeaderTemplate and write a hundred lines just to modify the time format? :P
Just an additional question regarding auras, the template is very limited so things like "hiding" specific auras doesn't seem possible, or is it? Last time I tried, a year ago, I could specify some attributes but not do anything in addition in order to alter specific buff buttons, not without causing taint.

About dropdown menus, for example the world markers, the dropdown menu don't work after a while since the dropdown menu is recycled and it gets tainted when addons use it too, so it stops working. Did they do something to fix this issue?

Last question is about nameplates, they are not in lua so altering them is a lot of work, any info if they plan to make it any easier in MoP or do we have to make a lot of code constantly run in the background in order to skin those frames?
Also a side question regarding nameplates, cast bars only appear on your target -any plans to make it so cast bars appear on all nameplates and not just the target? Things like target tracking, it would be nice if they could introduce a new unit type for nameplates, so it's easier to create accurate nameplates with auras and such without eating CPU to estimate and assume, like we currently have to.

I have no access to US forums, like always, so can't post any requests to the devs, so I've kind of not paid attention to any posts they've made. Thus, I hope someone can shed some light on these questions of mine, you are bound to know more about the situation than me. :P

Last edited by Vlad : 07-27-12 at 10:16 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Taint in MoP, buffs, dropdown and nameplates