04-20-10, 09:30 AM   #1
Worcester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Suggestion: Finding my own replies, downloads.

First off, thanks for the website in general. I love tweaking my UI and talking about tweaking my UI. It has become a mini-game in itself... kept WoW fresh and interesting... and relevant to the real world since it we use "interfaces" everywhere we go.

On to the suggestion.

I'd love it if the site automatically tracked not just threads that I start, but threads that I comment on as well. It's sometimes hard to remember what addons I've looked at or asked questions about.

Also, how about a feature that auto tracks addons I've downloaded, and displays some unique icon when that addon has been updated? Frankly, I'm wary of the client-download apps, and I don't always install (or often quickly disable) addons after I download them. An auto tracker could remind me of updates, while letting me control the actual installation process.

My apologies if one or both of these suggestions already exists. I've looked for them a bit, but they don't appear too obvious if they're available.

Thanks again!

Oh, and I did find the "Download History" option, but it says I haven't downloaded anything. I've probably downloaded over 100 addons, though.

Last edited by Worcester : 04-20-10 at 09:35 AM. Reason: New Information
04-20-10, 12:59 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe setting up favorites will allow you to keep track of addon updates.

On threads, I currently use the thread subscription tool which gives me a list of threads that I have an interest in even if I didn't post there.

And on top of all that there are the RSS feeds which, if you use IE you can attach them to the favorites bar. Although I only see this for addons so perhaps the thread susbscription tool is your only option at present.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-03-10, 05:24 PM   #3
Worcester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks

I'll check into those options. Personally, I don't let anything by MS near my computer if I can help it, so I don't know if I'll be able to use the RSS feed for that. I briefly looked over the Favorites option. I was just wishing it was a little more passive rather than something I'd have to subscribe too. Oh well. I'll give it another look.

While I have your ear...

I did download nui for some of my alts, to see how I liked it. Pretty impressive. The big drawback I have with it and most other total-ui replacements is my N52. I try to arrange my keys on screen to mimic the n52 layout, so there's a smoother transition from one toon to another. Most UI replacements, though, go with a "bar" setup. I suspect there aren't enough users to make it worth the time for addon authors to create setups specifically for this one device, but it would be interesting to see what people came up with. Even an action bar mod that was geared towards the n52 would be great. I currently use bartender, which works pretty well, but even that can get a bit difficult to set up.

Thanks for your help!
05-03-10, 05:36 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I believe one of the nUI users uses the n52 and has set up the buttons to mimic it. It's a lua file edit but the file contains layout settings more than programming commands so might not be that complex to do. Do a search on the nUI forums for n52 and see what comes up.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-04-10, 05:14 PM   #5
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Here ya go http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&highlight=n52

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Suggestion: Finding my own replies, downloads.