03-09-10, 07:48 AM   #1
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

Question art/skins

i recently downloaded ai-art, and love what it's done, my question is, is there more addons like this that go into the interface folder and change the look/feel as a whole, instead of just small "download this to mask your bars/buttons"

ty in advance ^^
03-09-10, 07:55 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Depends on what you want to "skin". For things like Action Bars, Unit Frames, Buffs/Debuffs and the like, there are a number of mods that will skin them (like ButtonFacade. You can add panels, change the textures of things like HP and Power bars. Most of the WoW UI is open for "skinning", that is anything that does touch the 3D world (including for the present time, cursors). Name what you want to "skin" and we can point you in the right direction (hopefully).

Check out the screenshots thread and WoW UI Gallery to see what people have done.
03-09-10, 08:01 AM   #3
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

i was looking for more options like ai art, which skins the entire ui/boxes, etc to a set skin.

sorry i can't be of more details, here's the addon if you want to see an example of what i'm looking for

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...48-AI-Art.html
<--ai art's page
03-09-10, 08:09 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by yami View Post
i was looking for more options like ai art, which skins the entire ui/boxes, etc to a set skin.

sorry i can't be of more details, here's the addon if you want to see an example of what i'm looking for

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...48-AI-Art.html
<--ai art's page
Currently AI-Art is the only one of this nature that I know of (and I keep a eye out for stuff like this). There used to be a wonderful series of Art packs that skinned the interface by a guy named T. King. However our server ate those files a few years ago and they where for the 1.x client thus, if someone did find them and got premission from T. King to post them, the art would need a lot of work to make them able to "skin" 3.3+ WoW.
03-09-10, 08:53 AM   #5
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I'm halfway on skinning those frames to a more skinner-like appearance.
(Black border, black 80% opaque background)
Very simple, squared and easy on the eye.
However, I'm struggling with the icons on the top left corner on most frames. (Like the spell book icon in the spell book frame) It's very poorly designed by blizzard and looks ugly and I cant find a way to remove it or find the actual blp of them to make them invisible. Any help on that area and I'll be able to complete the set.

03-10-10, 02:23 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
Currently AI-Art is the only one of this nature that I know of (and I keep a eye out for stuff like this). There used to be a wonderful series of Art packs that skinned the interface by a guy named T. King. However our server ate those files a few years ago and they where for the 1.x client thus, if someone did find them and got premission from T. King to post them, the art would need a lot of work to make them able to "skin" 3.3+ WoW.
Appears to be T. Kings forum (his email address is at the very top), although there have been no recent posts there.

http://maximus94788.yuku.com/directory
03-10-10, 04:49 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Appears to be T. Kings forum (his email address is at the very top), although there have been no recent posts there.

http://maximus94788.yuku.com/directory
Going from a post on the Announcements forum on those boards, it appears that T. King was hired by Sigil Games (original developers of Vanguard, Saga of Heroes) which led to him terminating work on his other MMO UI/art projects (he created UI art for EverQuest in addition to WoW). I cannot find any information on what he has been up to after the sale of Sigil to Sony. Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic.
03-10-10, 08:21 AM   #8
Diagnostics
Medic!

Premium Member
Skinner would would be your best option to achieving what you are looking for.
03-10-10, 08:25 AM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I provided the info in case the OP, or anyone else, wanted to try and contact T. King in order to gain permission to use his art for skins. There are still quite a few people on the forum here who have his art backed up somewhere.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » art/skins