11-14-12, 08:55 PM   #1
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Building Elvui layouts for everyone.

Hey everyone.. Kinda my first post here. So I am gonna attempt this with making Elvui Layout for anyone.

What I am really offering is for people to show me a current UI setup that they like and I will make an Elvui layout to look like it. I have never done this for people but I really enjoy making Elvui layouts. I want nothing in return but a thank you if I do make you a nice layout you enjoy.

What do you need to provide to me.
  • A screenshot of the UI you like, I'd prefer more than 1 to get an idea of the UI layout.
  • You can suggest 1 font for me to add to the modded ElvUI on my github, maybe Ill add it.
  • These will be made in 1920x1080
  • Once your UI Elvui-layout is complete you will then download the 1 click install folder put it in your addons and then download the modded ElvUI off my Github.

Ideas for me are welcome as I enjoy learning from others as well. I hope to get some requests, a lot!

NOTE! I am allowed to do this and I do not need Elvs permission to do this at all. I use a very heavy modified Elvui from Omega with over 1,000 + Lines of code added and optimized by him.

My Layouts done so far

Kkthnxbye ElvUI v1
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...yeElvUIv1.html

Kkthnxbye ElvUI v2
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...yeElvUIv2.html

Current Requests In Progress
NONE

Last edited by Kkthnx : 01-24-13 at 06:43 AM.

11-20-12, 05:34 AM   #2
lynce
A Cyclonian

Ok try make something like this:

The minimap can be square, but the fonts need to be larger then default elvui. I use expressway.

Edit: resolution is 1920x1080, and i also use dbm and raven to show a bar for my debuffs on target.

Last edited by lynce : 11-23-12 at 04:50 PM.

11-20-12, 02:28 PM   #3
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
That's really nice. Do you think you'd be able to do something like Kripp UI with Elv?

Last edited by Destrominos : 11-20-12 at 02:30 PM.

11-20-12, 06:32 PM   #4
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by lynce View Post
Ok try make something like this:

The minimap can be square, but the fonts need to be larger then default elvui. I use expressway.
Your request will be done tonight.

Originally Posted by Destrominos View Post
That's really nice. Do you think you'd be able to do something like Kripp UI with Elv?

Hopefully I can get your request done tonight as well.

11-23-12, 07:35 AM   #5
Elmister
A Defias Bandit
I dont know how to post pics up on here but, I was wondering if you could make a elvui version of devlin ui? It is here on wow interface, it is my favorite ui that I have used but it is no longer being updated by devlin.

11-27-12, 05:20 AM   #6
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Wink

5.1 is here yes it is here. There was no point in me cloning UI setups until 5.1 goes live. Elv did a full profile reset so that means I would have had to redo all your UIs again. Once 5.1 is out and online on the realms stable, 1-2 hours. I will start to clone UI setups.

Just giving a heads up.

12-07-12, 03:00 AM   #7
Elmister
A Defias Bandit
Are u still going to be doing these?

01-09-13, 05:22 PM   #8
tduckro
A Murloc Raider
still doing this?

01-10-13, 03:56 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Elv changed the license for 2013, so unless he has special permission he can't share the UI. The only place it can be downloaded from is at the official web site.

01-24-13, 06:34 AM   #10
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Elv changed the license for 2013, so unless he has special permission he can't share the UI. The only place it can be downloaded from is at the official web site.
Wrong =) They can use my github, and I provide U-Install 1 click install for elvui layouts. So please stay off my topic with your false info, they can download it on my github, which they have to or the UI wont look right.

Yes I am still making layouts but requests with a tons of random stuff with be turned down..

01-26-13, 05:38 AM   #11
10leej
A Molten Giant

ElvUI License
Copyright ©2009-2013

The contents of this addon, excluding third-party resources, are
copyrighted to their authors with all rights reserved.

The author of this addon hereby grants you the following rights:

1. You may make modifications to this addon for private use only, you
may not publicize any portion of this addon. The only exception being you may
upload to the tukui.org or github website.

2. Do not modify the name of this addon, including the addon folders.

3. This copyright notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

All rights not explicitly addressed in this license are reserved by
the copyright holders.
Says github is fine

01-26-13, 08:17 AM   #12
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

KK, Petrah is also a long time user of Tukui and shouldnt be talken to like that, he doesnt mean harm

Tukui | Github

01-26-13, 02:20 PM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Please see This Thread for what you can do after the new license was published.

It's just a link to the "ElvUI General Forums" and the "License Change 2013" thread specifically.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-27-13, 03:18 AM   #14
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by jasje View Post
KK, Petrah is also a long time user of Tukui and shouldnt be talken to like that, he doesnt mean harm
Shouldn't be on my thread spreading false info. I do not take kindly to that.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Please see This Thread for what you can do after the new license was published.

It's just a link to the "ElvUI General Forums" and the "License Change 2013" thread specifically.
I already understand what is allowed and what is now. What I am doing is allowed. But thank you though

Stop posting in this thread if you are not requesting a layout. Thank you.

01-27-13, 04:56 AM   #15
lynce
A Cyclonian

Status on the layout I requested?

01-27-13, 01:05 PM   #16
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Shouldn't be on my thread spreading false info. I do not take kindly to that.

I already understand what is allowed and what is now. What I am doing is allowed. But thank you though

Stop posting in this thread if you are not requesting a layout. Thank you.
So Elv did not change his license? I could of sworn he posted so on his forums. Perhaps he deleted the thread, changed his mind, and forgot to change the license in the addon.

Either way, I most certainly did not post a falsehood. He did post that he changed his license, and that is not a lie.

As for posting in your thread, if you wish to have a private thread then request one. Otherwise I can post here as long as I am not breaking the forum rules.

01-27-13, 03:30 PM   #17
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Considering that the license included with the downloads of ElvUI state that you can make mods, and publicaly, if you upload it to the tukui (elvui) or github website....#1 in the license file.

So unless there's another license not included somewhere.....I'd think that he would be fine. Although I'd suggest to the OP to send Elv (or make a public post on the ElvUI forums) to triple check...then there'd be no doubt

Marth

01-27-13, 04:26 PM   #18
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The OP seems to be under the misconception that I posted what I did in order to be hurtful. I didn't. It was nothing more than a courtesy to let him/her know that the license had changed. Much better than everyone from over there coming over here to make mean posts due to a misunderstanding over the thread title.

01-27-13, 08:25 PM   #19
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
So Elv did not change his license? I could of sworn he posted so on his forums. Perhaps he deleted the thread, changed his mind, and forgot to change the license in the addon.

Either way, I most certainly did not post a falsehood. He did post that he changed his license, and that is not a lie.

As for posting in your thread, if you wish to have a private thread then request one. Otherwise I can post here as long as I am not breaking the forum rules.
You did post false info, saying I can not share the UI which I can share it all I want on my Github. So there, you did.. I know what I can and can not do with it. I am on tukui daily I know it changed.

01-27-13, 09:33 PM   #20
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Maybe it's just me....but isn't it strange to troll your own thread?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Building Elvui layouts for everyone.