02-26-14, 07:13 PM   #1
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Strange modifier request

Good (insert time of day you are reading this in relationship to the sun),

I have a rather strange request so I'll give some background as to why, and hopefully that will also better explain what I'm looking for. I am an active raid leader and am quite vocal, the downside being I frequently have to call things out via a push to talk button over vent (left alt is this button.) All of my macros are set up in a pretty similar format as follows:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod][mod:alt] x
/cast [mod:shift] y
/cast [mod:ctrl] z

this allows me to free up action bar space and use the free action bars as non addon requiring cooldown bars (yay less cpu/mem!)

What I'm looking for is a way to write the macro as follows:

when I hold either no modifier or my vent button (alt) it casts ability x, when I hold either the shift modifier OR (shift AND alt) modifier it casts y, and when I hold either ctrl or (ctrl AND alt) it casts z.

there are a few rare instances that I have to release my push to talk key to hit a keybind that is either a shift or ctrl modified key, and thus can be rather annoying.

I appreciate your time.
02-26-14, 07:33 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sirann View Post
when I hold either no modifier or my vent button (alt) it casts ability x, when I hold either the shift modifier OR (shift AND alt) modifier it casts y, and when I hold either ctrl or (ctrl AND alt) it casts z.
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,mod:alt] [mod:shift] Y
/cast [mod:ctrl,mod:alt] [mod:ctrl] Z
/cast [mod:alt] [nomod] X
02-26-14, 07:37 PM   #3
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I'm not religious, but your vast array of wow coding knowledge makes me question the presence of deities among us.
02-26-14, 08:32 PM   #4
Vrul
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I am understanding you correctly you want a macro that changes behavior if shift or ctrl is held down but ignores the alt key?

/use [mod:shift] Y; [mod:ctrl] Z; X

Swap the shift/ctrl part based on which should have higher priority (first in line has higher priority).
02-26-14, 08:41 PM   #5
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
To clarify, phanx answered it exactly how I was looking for, my apologies if I wasn't clear enough. Thank you as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Strange modifier request