07-23-12, 05:44 AM   #141
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Easiest way to test vehicles is the jousting at the Argent Colisseum. You can stay on a vehicle as long as you like and you can dismount/remount all the time.
Which is what I do all the time, but it does not help for the case I mentioned above. The bars for the mentioned quest and the DMF are not part of the vehicle system even though they visually seem the same. Under the hood, the mechanisms are different

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

07-23-12, 07:25 AM   #142
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by zork View Post
In case you want to test the possessbar. The second DK quest available is using it. So easily accessible.

http://imgur.com/a/7PMpD#0
That quest works like mind control, it does not modify anything, it just places the pet bar onto the player's action bar.
Testing out that quest now, it gave me the exact same IDs and everything that Dominate Mind gave me.

What we're after is when you the bar replaces the complete MainMenuBar cluster, but still isnt considered a vehicle.

07-23-12, 08:50 AM   #143
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

In order to bring even a bit more clarity -

First, a "vehicle" bar with action ID's 133-138, [vehicleui] works fine with this -

Next, the bars I am concerned with that so far in my testing DO NOT react to any macro conditional AND have action ID's 157-162 -

As it stands now, as far as I can determine, ANY action bar addon will fail to reflect these bars in their own setup, because there is no way to detect them in the beta (right now on live [bonusbar:5] works fine for them, as well as on live they use action ID's 121+)

So, unless someone discovers a macro conditional that works on the beta, any action bar addon and their users will be left with nothing to see when faced with these bars. And I suspect that the DMF bars will be affected by this, but it will need testing when the DMF next shows up.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

07-23-12, 10:16 AM   #144
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lastly, what zork was talking about, the "possess bars":

These are just the pet bar replacing the normal action bar, with the action ID's 133-138, and [pet] works with it.
The bad thing however is that normal pets also use the [pet] state, and will interfere.
Also, if there is no spells given from the bar (example: Dominate Mind on a enemy player) will result in the actionbar not changing.
This means we also need a proper state for this.

Also, while we are discussing states, I found that there is no way to detect wether a druid in cat form is really in stealth (Prowl).
Both Prowl and Shadowmeld (night elf racial) makes [stealth] returns true.
Even if we use [form:3,stealth], Shadowmeld still works in cat form, and it will make the condition return true.
Conclusion, we have no way to detect if the Prowl-only abilies such as Pounce is really usable.

07-23-12, 07:06 PM   #145
TSquared
Big Daddy!
new macro conditionals have been added:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...71818?page=1#9

07-23-12, 07:19 PM   #146
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Awesome, here the cross-post:
In a future beta build, we're adding the following macro conditionals:
"possessbar", "overridebar", "extrabar".

07-23-12, 08:12 PM   #147
endx7
An Aku'mai Servant

Oh, very nice!

07-23-12, 10:15 PM   #148
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by TSquared View Post
new macro conditionals have been added:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...71818?page=1#9
And action bar addons everywhere, rejoice! Thanks!

07-24-12, 03:06 AM   #149
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Wow...that is quite impressive. They listen to us. That is worth at least 3 bananas!

On that topic...remember that the overridebar can be loaded with or without a vehicle ui. Thus you still need to check for vehicleui aswell. (Only if you care about skinning of course)

Check the ActionBarController.lua code for more information on skinned/unskinned actionbars:
https://github.com/Ketho/wow-ui-sour...roller.lua#L94

Maybe a macro condition list is quite helpful here.

true
Lua Code:
  1. [petbattle], [vehicleui], [@vehicle,exists], [pet], [combat], [possessbar], [overridebar], [extrabar]

false
Lua Code:
  1. [nopetbattle], [novehicleui], [@vehicle,noexists], [nopet], [nocombat], [nopossessbar], [nooverridebar], [noextrabar]

Anyone got some other good conditions regarding UI or actionbar states?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 07-24-12 at 03:24 AM.

07-24-12, 04:57 AM   #150
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No need to complicate it that much, as the only two states that have the chance to fire together is [overridebar] and [vehicleui].
If your concern is skinning then you don't need to watch states, but can do all of it unsecurely.

07-24-12, 01:31 PM   #151
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Not related to the action bar conversation, though it's good to see they plan to add macro conditionals to help sort this mess out.

Using math.exp or exp will crash the game, is it only me or does it crash yours too? :P Using enGB MoP beta client and 64-bit tough the crash happens on 32-bit too for me. Just would like this confirmed.

07-24-12, 03:20 PM   #152
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
... Using enGB MoP beta client ...
Just FYI, there is no such thing as an enGB client anymore... if you /dump GetLocale() in-game it prints "enUS".

07-24-12, 09:03 PM   #153
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Beta client is enUS just because they havent done a specific client for EU, and this is how it has been done on all the beta clients previously.

07-24-12, 10:46 PM   #154
Phanx
Cat.

Log into your non-beta EU client in English, type "/dump GetLocale()", and see what happens. I bet it will show you something like the attached image, screenshotted while logged into a EU server with an EU client.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	getlocale-enus.png
Views:	463
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	7038  

Last edited by Phanx : 07-25-12 at 04:20 PM.

07-25-12, 03:34 AM   #155
AcidWeb
A Theradrim Guardian

After preliminary check of "new" talent/specialization API I see there is still no way to get friendly player specialization without inspecting him.

Somebody can confirm that?

07-25-12, 04:19 AM   #156
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
After preliminary check of "new" talent/specialization API I see there is still no way to get friendly player specialization without inspecting him.

Somebody can confirm that?
This seems to be true. Even though GetInspectSpecialization() accepts a UnitID, it seems to only return usable values after INSPECT_READY fires with that unit's GUID and stops doing so when another player is inspected or when ClearInspectPlayer() is called. This means the game client only stores inspect data for one player at a time and clears it when it's no longer needed.

07-25-12, 04:34 AM   #157
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
If you check out the British version of the live client it returns enUS as well. It has done this for a long time. I had thought this would be a problem because of things like NPCs having different names like not using Lieutenant, but in fact there are no differences. The British client uses American names. The only difference I have found is the lack of a few quests on a British client and that is not client-based, but rather the type of server to which one connects (eu vs. us).

07-25-12, 04:51 AM   #158
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Shame people missed my point and got stuck on the locale part, lol.

If you type /dump exp(1) or /dump math.exp(1) and crash on one of them then it confirms what I said, if not then it's only me -still waiting. :P

07-25-12, 04:57 AM   #159
AcidWeb
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
This seems to be true. Even though GetInspectSpecialization() accepts a UnitID, it seems to only return usable values after INSPECT_READY fires with that unit's GUID and stops doing so when another player is inspected or when ClearInspectPlayer() is called. This means the game client only stores inspect data for one player at a time and clears it when it's no longer needed.
Yes I found that too.
That is sad - Now we can get enemy arena team specializations in nice format but still need mess with inspections to get specs of our team.

07-25-12, 05:44 AM   #160
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
If you type /dump exp(1) or /dump math.exp(1) and crash on one of them then it confirms what I said, if not then it's only me -still waiting. :P
I typed that in and I get -

Code:
Dump: value=math.exp(1)
[1]="enUS"
>.>
<.<

Actually, no crash here. But, some of the crash related stuff seems to be connected to slash commands in general.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Beta API discussion