01-06-18, 05:28 AM   #1
Eommus
An Aku'mai Servant
How to hide house icons on the world map?

Hi,

Is there a way to hide the small house icons on the world map?

https://imgur.com/TUKIL5M

I was able to hide instance boss icons using

Code:
WorldMapBossButtonFrame:Hide()
Is there something similar to hide these house icons?

Thank you.

Last edited by Eommus : 01-07-18 at 08:39 AM.
01-06-18, 12:30 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Those aren't "house" icons - I believe they represent major cities (not "capital" cities, but large-ish, major cities). And it's always good to know where they are!

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-06-18, 02:49 PM   #3
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Those aren't "house" icons - I believe they represent major cities (not "capital" cities, but large-ish, major cities). And it's always good to know where they are!
Not helpful.

You can use WorldMapPOIFrame:Hide(), this will hide more than just the house icons though (will hide digsites, pet battles regardless of map settings, but also hide flight points and quest icons, and more.) Which may not be desirable.

Maybe the textures could be replaced by blank ones in Interface folder. Or maybe functions for WorldMapPOIFrame could be hooked on to prevent house ones from showing up while letting everything else show.

If that's good enough for you, you can get the texture through CASCExplorer at Interface\Minimap\POIIcons.blp, convert that to .png using BLPConverter, and in your favourite image editor that supports transparency, erase over the icons you don't want showing up.

Export as .tga and place it in your WoW folder at Interface\Minimap\POIIcons.tga (non-case-sensitive), it'll stop the icons you erased from showing up on the world map, though the area name will still show up at the top of the map if you hover your mouse over where the icon would normally be.

Last edited by Ammako : 01-06-18 at 03:08 PM.
01-07-18, 03:19 AM   #4
Eommus
An Aku'mai Servant
@Ammako, thank you very much! I should have thought of what you suggested as the alternative method, as I did similar things before for sound files.

I exported the icon image file, deleted the house icon, put it into the folder you mentioned and it worked perfectly. My maps are as clean as I like them to be now. Thank you.

Last edited by Eommus : 01-10-18 at 12:35 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to hide house icons on the world map?