04-16-09, 05:44 AM   #1
exorr
A Murloc Raider
Minimap Icons way to small since patch

The minimap node locations, ? for completed quest hand in spots, etc are all way to small since the patch. This is NOT the carbonite icons but the actual icons that show my default within WoW. How can I fix this?

04-16-09, 06:00 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When Blizzard "optimized" the minimap frame, they made the entire frame scale, which means we can't scale the size to match the Carb map size without the tracking dots and icons also changing size, which they never did before. Without Blizzard adding support for that, the only other choices are to change the Map Minimap options page setting to remove the minimap from the Carb map or set the dock always option on that options page and scaling the docked minimap big enough to see it well, which would take up a good amount of space in the Carb map. You could then make the Carb map bigger.

04-16-09, 08:14 AM   #3
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

if I use Blispstick that give the possibility to use bigger or smaller icones to replace Blizz ones, and you merge the Carbonite and the Blizz ones, will the Blipstick icones still works ?

if so there you got a may be temporary help for those who need bigger.

In my case I dont the maps because I like having both :P

04-16-09, 12:31 PM   #4
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
When Blizzard "optimized" the minimap frame, they made the entire frame scale, which means we can't scale the size to match the Carb map size without the tracking dots and icons also changing size, which they never did before. Without Blizzard adding support for that, the only other choices are to change the Map Minimap options page setting to remove the minimap from the Carb map or set the dock always option on that options page and scaling the docked minimap big enough to see it well, which would take up a good amount of space in the Carb map. You could then make the Carb map bigger.
Wow.. that is annoying. I came to see if there was a fix for this too. Makes it really hard to see herb/mine nodes while flying around. I moved the minimap into carbonite because I didn't like it being so big, or having all of the buttons around it. I much prefer your frame to capture the buttons and being able to have a smaller map where *I* want it. Oh well. Freaking Blizz strikes again.

04-18-09, 06:51 AM   #5
exorr
A Murloc Raider
OK, I've changed the size of my map to make up for this, hopefully they allow a fix soon!

04-18-09, 07:20 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good news. I fixed the scaling problem yesterday. Changing the size of the frame instead of scaling it actually keeps the dots a fixed size.

In next version:
Added "Minimap icon/dots scale" and "Minimap dock icon/dots scale" to Map Minimap options page.
Fixed minimap icons changing size as minimap scaled.
Fixed docked minimap icons being too small.

04-20-09, 03:45 PM   #7
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Good news. I fixed the scaling problem yesterday. Changing the size of the frame instead of scaling it actually keeps the dots a fixed size.

In next version:
Added "Minimap icon/dots scale" and "Minimap dock icon/dots scale" to Map Minimap options page.
WOOT! QA and release now!!!

04-21-09, 07:08 PM   #8
Raventhorn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Cool

I was wondering what was causing that and now I know. My issue is the opposite though. All my Blizzard icons (dots, arrows, quests) are way too big after patch 3.1. I tried using MoveAnything to fix the scale but that didn't work (doesn't help that MA is so outdated either, it's such a great and to my mind important addon). Hoping the next version of Carbonite will solve what I'm seeing too.

04-21-09, 07:56 PM   #9
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Raventhorn View Post
Hoping the next version of Carbonite will solve what I'm seeing too.
It does and it will be released tonight.

04-22-09, 07:25 AM   #10
exorr
A Murloc Raider

In next version:
Awesome; thanks so much for the fix! I can now go back to a normal map size again

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap Icons way to small since patch