08-09-11, 03:18 PM   #1
Anarchy2k5
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UI profile saver?

i am looking for something that will save the entire setup of my ui (i.e. the locations and settigns of all my addons) so i can load it onto my other toons without having to take the time to manually drag everything to where i want it...it has become quite tiresome and annoying...
08-09-11, 04:39 PM   #2
Archer50
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Reflux will do what you were looking for.

It's not updated here but it is on Curse, good luck!
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/reflux.aspx
08-09-11, 08:20 PM   #3
Anarchy2k5
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thx thats awesome, i'll check it out right away
08-11-11, 08:29 AM   #4
Anarchy2k5
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
so i had used this addon and i have to say i wish i never had...upon attempting to create a save file, it completely reset my ui and all my addons, it took me a full day to fix the problems it caused...is there any others out there that do what i am looking for?
08-11-11, 09:16 AM   #5
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Anarchy2k5 View Post
so i had used this addon and i have to say i wish i never had...upon attempting to create a save file, it completely reset my ui and all my addons, it took me a full day to fix the problems it caused...is there any others out there that do what i am looking for?
If you don't use reflux correctly this will happen. It's very complicated to a new user, however it is the best (and only?) addon for this purpose. Make sure you type "/reflux save addons" after editing your layout.
08-11-11, 11:08 AM   #6
Archer50
An Aku'mai Servant
I believe it's /reflux snapshot [profile name] to save a current setup, as making a new profile will reset all the addons.
08-12-11, 06:15 AM   #7
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Or if you are willing to move to the world of RDX.

Just imagine, two mouse click to switch all your UI (one click, open the menu, second click, choose your theme).

Many UI are available on RDX:
http://www.wowrdx.com/en/projects-featured
08-14-11, 07:46 AM   #8
Anarchy2k5
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yeah im just gonna say screw it to reflux, cuz knowing me i'll mess up the command and end up sending my toon into another dimension or something...but i have looked at this RDX before and was curious about it. this is probably a stupid question, but even though it comes with numerous themes built in, it is safe to assume that they (or some) r still customizable as far as frame color n stuff correct? and does it really save the entire UI or just the addons that r locked from toon to toon anyways like Minimap Button Frame?
08-14-11, 09:00 AM   #9
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
RDX is also a UI builder. You can create 1, 10, 50, more projects(UI) or duplicate any existing project. You customize each UI element with our builtin IDE. You don't need to learn Lua.

It is difficult to start using our IDE at begining, but when you are an expert like me, you will be able to create UI very fastly. For example, it took me only 6 hours to create the project Syla which is the clone of SpartanUI.
08-16-11, 02:18 PM   #10
Anarchy2k5
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok sounds good definitely gonna give it a try. im using SpartanUI atm but as i said im just looking for something that is more customizable and can transfer cross character. now does RDX act like a normal addon where i would put it right into the AddOn directory?
08-16-11, 03:39 PM   #11
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
IIRC, reflux doesn't delete all your profiles upon creating a new reflux save. It just creates new ones in all addons with profile compability.

If reflux "reset" all your addons when you created a new reflux save, try to open all your old addons and set the profile back to what it was when it looked good.

For example, "/reflux create Anarchy2k5" will create a new profile in _every_ addon with profile compability, named "Anarchy2k5".

I think the only way you're completely screwed is if you named the profile you created with Reflux the same as the one(s) you were using in your other addons. That could surely reset them totally, but I'm not sure.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » UI profile saver?