05-31-10, 12:11 PM   #1
TheEdge_
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Only General Chat bar

i have just updatet my nUI+ today and log in and now i only have the general chat normaly you could change to party - guild - wisper but they are gone now.. Anything i have to install or do.. Just check my others char and it is only on my level 80 that i have this problem..

<- Level 80 <- level 39

Have even tried to delete the wtf folder and still no change
Please can someone help

Last edited by TheEdge_ : 06-06-10 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Need help

05-31-10, 12:43 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Were they chat window tabs you created or the infopanel ones on the right ?

Can you post a screenshot to show us what you mean just in case its somehwere you're not expecting and is spotted by someone else.

06-06-10, 10:42 AM   #3
TheEdge_
A Murloc Raider
have now posted screen shot

06-06-10, 11:28 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, as far as I know nUI doesn't remove tabs already in existence. My infopanel chat plugins don't as far as I know and I am sure Scott will be able to confirm whether the default one does. But I have a 2nd tab for general trade spam on one of my toons and it still is there several weeks later after several nUI updates.

The only thing I can think of is that another addon has allowed you to manage them and accidently deleted them or you have manually removed them.

What time difference between those two images are there ? days or weeks or even months ? Can you truly say you have definitely not deleted them even in error. Also, between the two images did you download my nUI_InfoPanel_GuildChat, nUI_InfoPanel_Whispers or nUI_InfoPanel_Chat plugins ? Just in case they somehow caused it to go wrong.

In either case, whatever has happend you probably won't be able to restore them. Simply recreate them and see if the same thing happens again.

06-06-10, 02:29 PM   #5
TheEdge_
A Murloc Raider
The 2 pictures is taken the same day..

And i have only have these addons Recount, DBM , AtlasLoot , Auctionner , TomTom

Last edited by TheEdge_ : 06-06-10 at 02:35 PM.

06-06-10, 03:40 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh, just realised they are different characters. Chat tab settings amongst other things are held in a character specific file.

chat-cache.txt will be in the WTF folder for your account/character. This holds all the information for your chat windows.

06-06-10, 03:53 PM   #7
TheEdge_
A Murloc Raider
just tried to copy chat-cache.txt from the char theedge to rice just to see if there was any change..

Thank You that did it.. just had to copy that file and it works now

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Only General Chat bar