10-19-15, 09:57 AM   #1
Miiru
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LARGE_NUMBER_SEPERATOR and taint

Hello. Today i noticed when using my personal ui fix addon that i got some taint when trying to use a minor glyph.

So after fiddling with the code a bit, i noticed that LARGE_NUMBER_SEPERATOR = "'" caused the taint.

I went ahead and even tested it with /run LARGE_NUMBER_SEPERATOR = "'" which resulted in the same taint error.

So is there any way to change that large number seperator without it causing taint? Or maybe is there a way to just reverse the change when opening up the glyph window and when closing it put in the change again?
10-19-15, 12:21 PM   #2
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Don't know if keeping a backup of the original would work, but I would recommend just hooking the UI instead. I ended up doing that to change the clearly incorrect 'K' thousands indicator into lower case!
10-19-15, 12:35 PM   #3
Miiru
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's for the floating combat text mainly. I think there's no way of hooking it :/
10-19-15, 01:23 PM   #4
Banknorris
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Maybe you can replace the function CombatText_AddMessage, this will taint Blizzard_CombatText.lua but hopefully there is no secure stuff involved. This also assumes you can identify the separator in the message parameter of this function. I mean

Code:
CombatText_AddMessage_old = CombatText_AddMessage
function CombatText_AddMessage(message, scrollFunction, r, g, b, displayType, isStaggered)
    --code to identify if message contain LARGE_NUMBER_SEPERATOR and replace it
    return CombatText_AddMessage_old(message, scrollFunction, r, g, b, displayType, isStaggered)
end

Last edited by Banknorris : 10-19-15 at 01:31 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » LARGE_NUMBER_SEPERATOR and taint