08-26-12, 03:19 PM   #1
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reagent Restocker

Hey everybody,

Just getting the word out that Reagent Restocker is in the final stages of beta testing, and I'm hoping to have a stable release for tomorrow, before the patch hits on Tuesday.

The beta releases are on Curse/Curseforge, but the final version will be released on both Curse and WoW Interface.

08-27-12, 02:11 PM   #2
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

Reagent Restocker 3.0 is released! I've pushed it to Curse and WoW Interface.

This contains all of the bug fixes necessary for playing on the Mists of Pandaria beta, and should be ready for the 5.0.4 patch tomorrow (today, in some time zones?).

The biggest change is a new window that pops up with the vendor. It's pretty ugly right now, but functional. There have been some reports of issues with the main window during the beta, but I'm pretty sure I have that fixed. It will be getting a LOT of graphical work in the near future.

Last edited by CobraA1 : 08-28-12 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Redacting world of addons statement, for obvious reasons.

08-27-12, 10:16 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
World of Addons (I've decided to start using them as well - Ten Ton Hammer is well known as the people behind Player Score / Gear Score)
Why would you want to support a bunch of douchebags who distribute other people's addons without permission, freely admit that they have no legal right to do it, and then make the owners jump through hoops to get their work taken down, all the while making money on ad impressions?

08-27-12, 11:14 PM   #4
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

Well, Reagent Restocker is under the MIT license, so they are free to do so in my particular case, and I'm actually powerless legally to do much except claim ownership, thanks to MIT being a very liberal license. I have not checked the licenses of other addons. I'll take a look after work today.

Can you point me to a thread where this is being discussed?

EDIT: If you can provide a link or other evidence of your claim that they "freely admit that they have no legal right to do it," I will pull all of my endorsements ASAP. I do not tolerate breaking the law, especially knowingly.

Last edited by CobraA1 : 08-27-12 at 11:47 PM.

08-27-12, 11:48 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43892

They've pulled their comment thread and the producer's letter, but I've got screenshots of them from before they pulled them. Plus you can just look at the fact that you can "claim" your addon in the first place (generic usage of 'you' in this instance). How did it get there in the first place? I know this doesn't apply to Reagent Restocker, since you have it under the MIT license, but look at all the ARR addons on there that aren't 'claimed'.

08-28-12, 12:01 AM   #6
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Relevant thread: /sigh ... Here we go again

They blatantly violated the license terms for a majority of the addons on their site by rehosting them without the authors' consent. The license of your addon may permit such behavior, however, they would have rehosted it regardless.

EDIT:
Late, again. I really have to stop letting myself get distracted while replying.

Last edited by Talyrius : 08-28-12 at 12:04 AM.

08-28-12, 04:08 AM   #7
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

Unhappy

Sigh. Thanks for the info. It's really too bad that somebody who has been around for a while does something like this. When I'm back from work (currently on lunch break), I'm withdrawing all of my support.

You'd think somebody who has been around for a while would know better.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Reagent Restocker