11-26-10, 04:50 PM   #1
yaxz
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with quest tracker

Ok so I downloaded the most recent version of carbonite and I'm having trouble receiving quest data from the server. I can't track any quests. Any suggestions?

11-26-10, 05:51 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Do you get, a few minutes after login, a dialog box asking if you want to updated completed quests from the server? If you say yes, do you get any errors?

There is, somewhere in the options, a box to check that will make that query again. You might try that.

Frankly, I'm not at all sure that Blizzard's quest data (at least as regards the locations of objectives, givers, and turn-ins) is 100% up to snuff. I've seen it send me in some pretty weird directions lately.

11-27-10, 04:09 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

It's in your quest log. Click the History tab, then right click in that window and select Get completed from server.

That's not what you're looking for though. Carbonite doesn't yet have its own database of quest item locations, and such, it uses the locations Blizzard's own map sends you to. You want to open the default Blizzard map (default: ALT + M) and check the box that says something along the lines of "Display objectives on map". Once that's done, Carb should be able to pull quest locations from the Blizzard map.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problem with quest tracker