09-06-10, 04:45 AM   #1
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Taint in Cataclysm is even worse!

So basically what I did was to redefine a function by copying it from FrameXML and altering 1 line in it so the time format on buffs and debuffs could be what ever I want it to be (format). The problem is that it now does not even accept canceling buffs when you right-click, it asks for the addon to be disabled.

My question is if there are some API changes that I didn't notice? How could one alter the behavior of API such as "UnitAura" (or any other API) that requires pre-hooking and not post-hooking?

Another question of mine is since you now can't use (self, event, ...) and you must specify the amount of arguments such as (self, event, arg1, arg2) -is there a work around? Or did it just mean you can't have variables such as "local self, event, arg1, arg2 = 1,2,3,4" defined in an addon as they are restricted? Just need clarification on this. I prefer using "..." then using "arg1" and such in the body itself.

Last edited by Vlad : 09-06-10 at 04:49 AM.

09-06-10, 04:51 AM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I believe it's CancelUnitBuff() that's Blizzard only now. Dunno if that's intended or just a bug.

09-06-10, 04:56 AM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

But why would doing:
function AuraButton_UpdateDuration(auraButton, timeLeft)
<same content of function as found in FrameXML except 1 line changed to format the duration as "MM:SS">
end

Totally break the ability to even cancel a buff? It says "Action blocked, X addon tainted. Disable or Ignore." -_-' It didn't happen before 4.0 and works on 3.3.5!

09-06-10, 05:16 AM   #4
Morsker
A Fallenroot Satyr

CancelUnitBuff is protected in Cata. This is probably because of trickery where people considered auto-canceling stam buffs on Lich King to dispose of Infest.

I don't know what the new alternative is.

09-06-10, 05:31 AM   #5
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
There's a secure aura header. The file isn't loaded yet however.

09-06-10, 07:16 AM   #6
Eyonik
A Kobold Labourer
Does this mean Buff addons won't work anymore? A simple repositioning of the buff and debuff anchors out of combat will work but autosorting in combat while still beeing able to click cancel your buffs possibly won't, issn't it?

09-06-10, 04:53 AM   #7
Morsker
A Fallenroot Satyr

You can still use varargs. What they removed where global vars called this, arg1, arg2, etc., that were set internally before an event was fired.

Last edited by Morsker : 09-08-10 at 09:58 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Taint in Cataclysm is even worse!