07-08-10, 02:36 PM   #1
Phenomena
A Murloc Raider
WoW-Armory Query Thorttling

This isn't a question about Add-ons but I figured this would be the best place to ask it, rather than just a generic php forum. lol

Anyways, I'm trying to force my guild away from using sites like wowstead or guildlaunch. The reasoning behind it is because they like the functionality it comes with (rosters, raid calendars, etc). This isn't much of an issue for me since I'm pretty decent with php/mySQL.

I started out with a guild roster page, it works. (yay lol) It pulls the current information from the armoury: name, level, class, and rank. I would also like to grab each characters specs, but the only way to do this (at least to my knowledge) would be to send a separate request for each member, and the armoury's request throttling keeps locking me out. So my question is: how do I get around this? lol
07-08-10, 03:13 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My brother does the same thing and as far as he can see there is no other way.

The best way to deal with it that I have seen people that do this explain is to cache the information and use the cached information until perhaps a user chooses to look at the character's details in more detail.

So, have the main page show just the name, level, class etc which would rarely change ( unless a quick leveller rofl ) and then allow them to click into a detail page where you then grab an up to date record of the characters details. This way you only have 1 large throttle of download data and then single downloads for specific data.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-08-10, 04:30 PM   #3
Phenomena
A Murloc Raider
Ahh... clever. lol Thanks for the idea. xD

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » WoW-Armory Query Thorttling