06-20-09, 12:16 PM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Aion: The Tower of Eternity

Hey guys!

Ive kinda taken a small leave from the Interface scene. I pop my head in every once in a while. Currently I have pre ordered my copy of Aion: The Tower of Eternity!

With this preorder I have access to the current beta even that is happening this weekend. (and others that happen in the future). I will post pictures and videos if i can. Im very excited and hope some of you can join me in testing the beta! Anyone else excited about this game?

I warn you the download takes a while. Im sure there will be other mirrors out there soon but im downloading from the official page to make sure i get the right stuff.

Question to Cairren or Dolby or Serah. Since I clicked on the banner from this website and preordered does that help out wowi? just curious.

Last edited by Elloria : 06-20-09 at 12:21 PM.
06-20-09, 03:12 PM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

I'm cynical about any new MMO releases, especially after the horror of Warhammer Online, I don't think my view will change until/if one of the better developers announce an MMO.
06-28-09, 05:55 PM   #3
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Same, I've always waited until after release and then used the free-trials. If it's close to how I felt when WoW was first released, I hold out hope for it.

So far the only one that has come close to it is LOTRO... and look what's still going strong.
06-28-09, 06:15 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Neef View Post
Same, I've always waited until after release and then used the free-trials. If it's close to how I felt when WoW was first released, I hold out hope for it.

So far the only one that has come close to it is LOTRO... and look what's still going strong.
*raises hand*
I'm also with this same mindset. I like to see something is going the distance before I commit. I played LOTRO in open beta, and to be honest, I really didn't expect it to last. It was extremely buggy, the combat system felt clunky, but the quests were involved and gave an immersion not in other games. At that time, I wasn't looking for immersion or RP, I wanted to kill stuff and raid.

.... long story short. After breaking from WoW this last time, I gave LOTRO another shot and found it to be a great game. The combat is much smoother than it was in beta, the bugs are squashed, and the immersion/RP factor is even better than I had remembered.

I may try out Aion, but I'll wait for the trial as well.
06-28-09, 08:15 PM   #5
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Enjoy the game. I usually don't go in for Korean grindfests (which Aion is one) but it sure does look pretty.
I think I'll let the more adventurous take a shot at it before I wonder towards it. I agree with Slakah on the "horror of Warhammer" being a huge Warhammer fan I was hoping for the bet from WAR. Wow did that experience suck! heh
07-01-09, 01:08 AM   #6
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I pre ordered as well and had access to the previous beta event, was allowed to get to lvl 10 on ither faction.

It is a beautiful wow clone, to the letter. the quests are how you level up, you level up just as fast as wow, and the UI is cloned as well.

if you enjoy wow but are burnt out, aion will be refreshing as it gives new content, and new things to discover.

that is my personal take on it so far....

no grind at all, i was able to lvl 4 classes to Level 10 in the 3 day beta event, trust me its a wow clone, just better graphics and coding.

I was able to go full graphic settings and never had lag or low fps, my fps stayed at 60 even in towns and not once had any loading lag.

aion is what wow would have been if wow was coded from today's technology in my opinon.
07-01-09, 01:37 AM   #7
Opaque
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thumbs up

I preordered it and played last weekend. It's not bad. I think it has a good shot at a real future. The character graphics are great... and I look forward to being able to fly!

See you others in the next beta!!
07-01-09, 05:55 AM   #8
Spookie455
Illiterate Spectre

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ffxiedyn View Post
It is a beautiful wow clone
I love this phrase. What do you think WoW was cloning?

I've ended up pre ordering to get a key but my finger is hovering over the cancel button, I'm not falling in to the same trap as AoC & WAR. I'm already put off by the FF-esq spell effects and the eastern stylings which bores me (it reminds me of those piss weak free to play 'MMO's).

But after being pestered by guildies to try it, I'm willing to give it a shot. Who knows. I might even like it!
07-01-09, 08:57 AM   #9
Evolution85
A Black Drake

I am going to beta this weekend too. Let me know what server you are on and Ill stop by and say hi.

I am hoping this game is as good as it looks. I have left WoW completely now and want something to tide me over till D3 beta.

Elloria, do you know if they are going to allow UI customization? I really hope they will. You have several that would work sooooo well with Aion.
07-01-09, 09:22 AM   #10
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Spookie455 View Post
I love this phrase. What do you think WoW was cloning?
i stated it was a beautiful wow clone for i play wow and no other mmo, so therefore, to me, it feels and acts like an extreamly updated graphic version of wow.

if wow cloned anything im ignorant, i know nothing of other games, sorry.
07-20-09, 06:08 PM   #11
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Finished closed beta #3 today, turns out i'm pretty sure i won't be playing wow nearly as much as I was before...possibly not at all(if they introduce an addon system).

It's a gorgeous world to play in, with many unique aspects and interesting points of lore.

It is a pvp focused game, but it weaves in with pve a fair bit too.

It was unfortunate that the dev team have created a 1.5 release but did not provide that for the closed beta #3...

as a result many new beta testers only there to get a preview of the game felt disapointed.

The other issue is that because many new participants had to level from 1, they did not make level 20 by at least the third day.

So really only participants from previous betas who had their characters carry on from last beta events were able to provide any meaningful focused beta testing reports.
07-21-09, 10:17 PM   #12
OrdinaryStory89
A Murloc Raider

I am looking forward to trying a mage.

Hopefully, unlike World of Warcraft, a mage will be a good class.

I really think that Activision ruined Blizzards game. About the time of the Vivendi Games/Activison merged, thats when the game went down hill.
[H] Syntho 80 Dru -- Twisting Nether

“Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things” -- Robert A. Heinlein
07-22-09, 08:27 AM   #13
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by OrdinaryStory89 View Post
I am looking forward to trying a mage.

Hopefully, unlike World of Warcraft, a mage will be a good class.

I really think that Activision ruined Blizzards game. About the time of the Vivendi Games/Activison merged, thats when the game went down hill.
The merge did nothing to the Blizzard company itself.
07-29-09, 04:08 AM   #14
OrdinaryStory89
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
The merge did nothing to the Blizzard company itself.
You're crazy if you think that a parent company gets no say in how things run in the subsidiary company runs.
[H] Syntho 80 Dru -- Twisting Nether

“Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things” -- Robert A. Heinlein
07-29-09, 04:24 AM   #15
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're crazy if you think that a parent company gets no say in how things run in the subsidiary company runs.
None of that is relevant to the topic.

Aion has recently caught my eye... does anyone know if there is a release date yet?
07-29-09, 06:13 AM   #16
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

September 22 is the date I've heard.

/has already pre-ordered and is counting down until the next beta weekend
07-29-09, 09:39 AM   #17
Seer
A Molten Giant
I bought AoC based on hype and well.. Was rather disappointed.. Recently opted to try it again as they made several changes to the game, but it's still not my type of game.

Tried warhammer, just didn't feel right for me..
Tried Lotr few weeks back again.. Still not for me..

I did pre order Aion tho.. Why.. Well, the girl who got me into WoW (I said she was nuts for thinking I would play it for longer then the trail period....) and she had a chance to play the previous beta and told me she loved it.. Guess playing another game for a month or so can't be a bad idea either.

Let's see how the beta this week feels.. If it's bad maybe I can get a refund
07-29-09, 10:07 AM   #18
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Blizzard has different departments for all their games. WoW production, Diablo production, StarCraft production, etc. are all by themselves. Each department does not interfere or slow another, as some might think.

This is like Activision and Blizzard. They make totally separate games and their games do not deal with each other. They each have their own offices in different places. They may financially affect each other, but just because Activision merged with them is not going to change whether a WoW class is good or not.
07-29-09, 12:11 PM   #19
Evolution85
A Black Drake

After spending some time in Beta weekends I really didnt find it to be my "cup of tea". So I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. Just had to much of an "Asian" feel to it.

Overall its a decent enough game. It will have it's followers I am sure.
07-30-09, 07:52 PM   #20
reg0ner
A Murloc Raider
the only thing that scares me is that its made by koreans..

for some reason korean game devs think grinding is fun?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Aion: The Tower of Eternity