08-23-12, 05:08 AM   #1
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Need help urgently! ~ MayronUI

Hi, for a while now I've been frantically trying to fix and figure out why accounts such as a WOW2 account or similar (such as this: 1250303#1 for example) does not work with my UI: MayronUI Gen2.

When the player logs on, the saved settings in the SavedVarialbes folder in the WTF folder get reset to default as it changes the file size from 116kb for example to 1kb. Then the profiles ingame are erased so the Setup box no longer works.

I've been trying to find out a fix for this for some time now with no luck. I've tried asking on mmo-champion as well but with no replies.

Can anyone please help me? It's driving me mad as I also want to get it to work for a friend with this type of account.

Thank you.

UI: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Gen2.html#info
08-23-12, 07:02 AM   #2
Rammoth
A Cliff Giant

I hope this helps, but try setting all files that can be opened with notepad to read only. That prevents them from being changed.
08-23-12, 08:14 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Setting the files to read-only won't matter, since the current WoW Launcher removes all file attributes (including read-only) when it launches. It would only (maybe) help if you ran Wow.exe directly.

I'll look at your files later tonight and see if I can figure out what the problem is.
08-24-12, 10:36 AM   #4
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Setting the files to read-only won't matter, since the current WoW Launcher removes all file attributes (including read-only) when it launches. It would only (maybe) help if you ran Wow.exe directly.

I'll look at your files later tonight and see if I can figure out what the problem is.
Thank you so much Phanx but also thank you Rammoth once again for trying to help out with my UI. And no setting it to read only did not work unfortunately.
08-25-12, 08:37 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

I could not reproduce this issue. I tested on both the 4.3.4 live client, and the 5.0.4 beta client, both with three different accounts -- one old USERNAME and one new 1234567#1 on my main Battle.net account, and one new 1234567#1 on another Battle.net account.

With each account, I copied and renamed the appropriate folders, logged in, got the dialog box asking me if I wanted to setup the UI, clicked yes, and it reloaded the UI and displayed the expected custom settings afterwards.

However, there are some Lua errors coming from the addons in your UI.

On live, SLDataText_Guild errors when moused over. May be related to my character's un-guilded state.

On beta, the UI slowed things to a 2 FPS crawl due to a truly massive volume of Lua errors from a number of addons. If you have beta access, you should probably try to fix this before Patch 5.0 goes live next week.

The only thing I can think of is that the people reporting this issue aren't naming their folders correctly, or are not completely exiting WoW before copying and renaming the folders/files.
08-25-12, 09:15 AM   #6
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I could not reproduce this issue. I tested on both the 4.3.4 live client, and the 5.0.4 beta client, both with three different accounts -- one old USERNAME and one new 1234567#1 on my main Battle.net account, and one new 1234567#1 on another Battle.net account.

With each account, I copied and renamed the appropriate folders, logged in, got the dialog box asking me if I wanted to setup the UI, clicked yes, and it reloaded the UI and displayed the expected custom settings afterwards.

However, there are some Lua errors coming from the addons in your UI.

On live, SLDataText_Guild errors when moused over. May be related to my character's un-guilded state.

On beta, the UI slowed things to a 2 FPS crawl due to a truly massive volume of Lua errors from a number of addons. If you have beta access, you should probably try to fix this before Patch 5.0 goes live next week.

The only thing I can think of is that the people reporting this issue aren't naming their folders correctly, or are not completely exiting WoW before copying and renaming the folders/files.
Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it. Yeah I'm even more confused as well now. The UI is not ready for Beta but also the SLDataText_Guild errors I get that only when I'm not in a Guild as well. I do not know how to fix issues that are technical like this as its a problem with the SLDT addon code and that is all far too complicated for me to solve.

My friend down the street from me has this problem and I tried setting up for him but with no luck. Its too much of a coincidence it seems to me why its not working for those account types. Oh well there is nothing more I can do about it. I will just assume its something they did wrong and will try with my friends account again. Thank you though for your time.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help urgently! ~ MayronUI