05-04-13, 09:51 AM   #1
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Carbonite + GatherMate2

Hi,

Got Carbonite installed and running, and wanted some extended means to herb and mining. So installed GatherMate2.

But it seems that no nodes is showing up on my carbonite map (which is merged with WoW minimap).

Do those two addons don't work well together or am I doing, or not doing, something?

TIA.

05-04-13, 10:45 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
For now the two don't work well together. I'm going to look into getting permission to use the gathermate database.

05-04-13, 10:55 AM   #3
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You also may have not tracked the nodes on your map...

To do this, click the magnifying glass icon on the carbonite button bar and select track herbs/nodes.

Did you know, Carbonite has it's own herb/mine database? Yes it's not as up to date as gathermate2/gatherer's database, but it gets the job done rather well..

meh I was gonna write a tutorial for it here, but I'll make a whole new thread (with pictures).

I'll post the link here when I'm done...

05-04-13, 11:42 AM   #4
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I hadn't. Thanks.

And I didn't know that Carbonite has it own database. Did look into it, before installing GM2, but it wasn't obvious enough for me to spot it. When I deactivate GM2 now, and rely solely on Carbonite, no other nodesare showing, besides the ones near by - you know, the yellow dot. Do I have to activate Carbonites own database somewhere?

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
You also may have not tracked the nodes on your map...

To do this, click the magnifying glass icon on the carbonite button bar and select track herbs/nodes.

Did you know, Carbonite has it's own herb/mine database? Yes it's not as up to date as gathermate2/gatherer's database, but it gets the job done rather well..

meh I was gonna write a tutorial for it here, but I'll make a whole new thread (with pictures).

I'll post the link here when I'm done...

05-04-13, 12:09 PM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Made a quick tutorial for you...

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46397

Check it out!

05-04-13, 12:46 PM   #6
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Awesome. Such speed and helpfulness. Thanks a lot.

I just love Carbonite, but I find it a bit tricky to get it to work smoothly as I want it to.

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Made a quick tutorial for you...

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46397

Check it out!

05-04-13, 05:33 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
on the gathermate2 front, I have received permission to create an import for it to carbonite.. now just to get permission for gatherer.... and actually redo the node system.

All 3 (gathermate2, gatherer, carbonite.nodes) used the same data from wowhead so it just seems silly to continue maintaining a seperate node list.

05-05-13, 05:33 AM   #8
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sounds great.

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
on the gathermate2 front, I have received permission to create an import for it to carbonite.. now just to get permission for gatherer.... and actually redo the node system.

All 3 (gathermate2, gatherer, carbonite.nodes) used the same data from wowhead so it just seems silly to continue maintaining a seperate node list.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite + GatherMate2