08-13-15, 10:58 AM   #1
Vherdan
A Defias Bandit
Prophecy of Fear

Hey, I've been looking around to find an addon for the Prophecy of Fear trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/item=124230/p...f-fear&bonus=0)
but unfortunately I haven't found anything that would satisfy my needs which brings me here.

I'd like an addon that shows which target(s) the trinket proc'd on (debuff is Mark of Doom) and allow me to target that mob by clicking on the name.
I have a WeakAura that uses a dynamic group to show all the targets on which it is active, but it doesn't seem possible to add a button to target a mob using WeakAuras.
08-14-15, 01:31 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vherdan View Post
I'd like an addon that shows which target(s) the trinket proc'd on (debuff is Mark of Doom) and allow me to target that mob by clicking on the name.
The highlighted part of your request is not possible, period. You can only "click to target" on a secure frame, and you cannot create/hide/show/move secure frames while in combat.
08-14-15, 04:43 AM   #3
Vherdan
A Defias Bandit
Ah ok, I was just thought it would work since I know the addon BattlegroundTargets allows me to target enemy players in the BG by clicking on their name.
Thanks for the reply anyway.
08-14-15, 05:56 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Vherdan View Post
Ah ok, I was just thought it would work since I know the addon BattlegroundTargets allows me to target enemy players in the BG by clicking on their name.
That's possible because you can know the names of all the enemy players before you enter combat, so you can create a frame for each of them.

You could theoretically do that with mobs, but:
(a) there's no guarantee that you would "see" all the relevant mobs before entering combat (you'd need to mouse over each of them, see them all do something in the combat log, or have a hardcoded list for things like boss fights with known adds) and
(b) if you're fighting 3 mobs with the same name, there's no way to specify which one you want to target.

Basically you'd have a lot of totally useless frames, and possibly not even a single useful one among them.
08-15-15, 03:26 AM   #5
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Why don't you let the debuff show on the nameplates?

e.g. KuiNameplates
or NamePlateAuras

Last edited by Tonyleila : 08-15-15 at 03:30 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Prophecy of Fear