02-17-08, 09:18 PM   #1
Adend
A Murloc Raider
Transferring UI

Hey guys, I love the UI. Is there any way to transfer all of my settings and whatnot to another computer? For example, I was at a buddies house this weekend and had a raid come up, all my buttons were off and had no keybindings and whatnot, needless to say, I was less than 100% effective. Is there a way I can copy the UI to another computer without having to completely redo the other computer's UI? I'm thinking just rename the saved variables, wtf, and interface folders, and replace them with the ones from my computer.
02-17-08, 09:26 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Copy Interface and WTF folders (and Font, too, if you want it).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-17-08, 09:27 PM   #3
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
I do this frequently, Just make an archive of your /interface /wtf and /fonts folders.
Transfer + Extract = Wallah!
02-17-08, 10:24 PM   #4
Adend
A Murloc Raider
AWESOME guys, thanks for your help!
06-07-08, 06:55 PM   #5
sp000n
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What if you want to do more than use your own account & character on another computer but want to give your UI to another player on that computer? Copying INTERFACE and WTF then renaming the account, realm and toon isn't working for me.
06-07-08, 07:07 PM   #6
Tsikura
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by sp000n View Post
What if you want to do more than use your own account & character on another computer but want to give your UI to another player on that computer? Copying INTERFACE and WTF then renaming the account, realm and toon isn't working for me.
Because most addons also save by profile which you also have to take into account. Then there is the factor with resolution as well unless they are done for the same size.
06-07-08, 10:47 PM   #7
sp000n
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tsikura View Post
Because most addons also save by profile which you also have to take into account. Then there is the factor with resolution as well unless they are done for the same size.
Well I'm trying to load the profile that was saved with one toon but it's not available to the others.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Transferring UI