04-05-09, 07:58 PM   #1
cpt45
A Kobold Labourer

Movement Speed % Displyed Wrong?

The Movement Speed % above the mini map has been giving me a funny reading when my pally has crusader aura on. On my normal epic "ground" mount it shows 100%, once I put on my Crusader Aura it reads 140%.

04-06-09, 05:01 PM   #2
Sangdraxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by cpt45 View Post
The Movement Speed % above the mini map has been giving me a funny reading when my pally has crusader aura on. On my normal epic "ground" mount it shows 100%, once I put on my Crusader Aura it reads 140%.
That's the right speed. Crusader increases your total speed by 20%.
Normal movment speed (100%) + Epic mount speed (100%) = 200%
+20% of that = 240%
The speed it shows is 100% less though so that normal movement speed shows as 0%, etc.

04-07-09, 08:53 AM   #3
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Sangdraxx View Post
That's the right speed. Crusader increases your total speed by 20%.
Normal movment speed (100%) + Epic mount speed (100%) = 200%
+20% of that = 240%
The speed it shows is 100% less though so that normal movement speed shows as 0%, etc.
That's just totally illogical.

Epic mounted speed is listed a 100% - therefore going 20% faster should be 120%.

Of course walking is listed as 0% speed which is also totally illogical.

04-07-09, 09:20 AM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Speed is shown as a % increase/decrease to base running speed and the numbers are indeed correct. Normal run speed therefore shows as +/- 0%. We found this to be the most logical way to display the value.

If you do a search on the web you'll find various resources detailing the math on run speed modifiers. You will find some using run = 0% and some using run = 100%; both are correct.

We can always add an option where normal run speed is shown as 100%.

Last edited by Haavok : 04-07-09 at 10:34 AM.

04-12-09, 10:37 PM   #5
JohnnyGrey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Epic mounted speed is listed a 100% - therefore going 20% faster should be 120%.
This is not true, the listed speed is an increase of 100%, therefore your mounted speed is actually 200% of your run speed, Crusader Aura, or a DK's "On a Pale Horse" talent would increase your speed by an addition 20%, therfore yielding 240% of your running speed.

Crusader on a flying mount will have you saying WTF even more. Epic flying increases speed by 280%, therefore making your flying speed 380% of your running speed. Crusader aura on THIS mount would give you a flying speed of 456% running speed, or a 356% increase in speed. Granted, this all depends on your flying angle, moving in a 3-dimensional plane messes with the whole math.

WoW's logic when it comes to climbing or descending a hill is very unrealistic, as you could be climbing a 45 degree slope, yet still be moving horizontally at the same speed you would across flat terrain.... Wow im taking this too far....

Now a 310% epic flyer......you get the point lol.

I do agree, sometimes I wish carbonite would show running as 100%, but I have gotten used to the 0%, so an option would be nice.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Movement Speed % Displyed Wrong?