05-19-09, 04:19 AM   #1
timberbear60
A Murloc Raider
Disappearing minimap

As a first time user I must say I am very impressed with the amount of features in this mod. Excellent job! It will allow me to remove at least 6 other mods plus it looks way cool. Now the issue, on occasion my minimap disappears. It happened last night as I was flying around looking for mining nodes. The map re-appeared after a reload but it seemed to have a sort of split screen effect, where the left side of the minimap looked like the standard minimap and the right side had the tracking icons on it but there was a distinct separation of the two. The really odd part is I could drag the right hand side of the map with the icons much the same way you maneuver the main map to browse other areas. I'm sure it is an option I checked but I for the life of me can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

05-21-09, 09:01 AM   #2
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by timberbear60 View Post
As a first time user I must say I am very impressed with the amount of features in this mod. Excellent job! It will allow me to remove at least 6 other mods plus it looks way cool. Now the issue, on occasion my minimap disappears. It happened last night as I was flying around looking for mining nodes. The map re-appeared after a reload but it seemed to have a sort of split screen effect, where the left side of the minimap looked like the standard minimap and the right side had the tracking icons on it but there was a distinct separation of the two. The really odd part is I could drag the right hand side of the map with the icons much the same way you maneuver the main map to browse other areas. I'm sure it is an option I checked but I for the life of me can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are a couple different options that cause the minimap to "dock" which is what it sounds like happened to you.

Firstly, there is a "Docking at scale" setting which is accessed by right clicking the carbonite map and choosing the "minimap" option, it is one of the sliders that comes up. Whatever you set this to means that at any zoom level of that setting or closer (further zoomed) will cause the minimap to dock.

Secondly, there are toggles for various minimap docking settings in the options (accessed by right clicking and choosing options) under the Map Minimap subcategory. One of these is "Minimap docks always" and if you turn that on it will always dock, no matter what. The other options include "minimap docks when map is maximized" and "minimap docks in indoor areas"...all of these are pretty self explanatory I think.

All of the above combined are the only settings I know of which affect the docking behaviour and, as I said, that appears to be what happened to you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Disappearing minimap