08-10-09, 11:13 AM   #1
Luupin
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite 3.21 & LightHeaded v.297 conflict

I have noticed the following problem with LightHeaded when Carbonite is loaded (verified with only these addons loaded):
  1. When the quest window is opened, the LightHeaded panel is offset (up and to the left)
    • Hiding/opening the LightHeaded panel corrects the problem until the next time the quest window is opened

Somewhere along the way, Carbonite is modifying values for the quest window that are getting picked up by LightHeaded.

The LightHeaded author says that LightHeaded is only using the default Blizz quest window.

I notice that the location of the Blizz quest window does not change (same whether or not either addon is loaded).

Is Carbonite changing the Blizz quest window default coordinates (even when I elect not to override the Blizz quest window with Carbonite's?

I have attached a screenshot showing the LightHeaded offset:

08-11-09, 02:05 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Luupin View Post
I have noticed the following problem with LightHeaded when Carbonite is loaded (verified with only these addons loaded):
  1. When the quest window is opened, the LightHeaded panel is offset (up and to the left)
    • Hiding/opening the LightHeaded panel corrects the problem until the next time the quest window is opened

Somewhere along the way, Carbonite is modifying values for the quest window that are getting picked up by LightHeaded.

The LightHeaded author says that LightHeaded is only using the default Blizz quest window.

I notice that the location of the Blizz quest window does not change (same whether or not either addon is loaded).

Is Carbonite changing the Blizz quest window default coordinates (even when I elect not to override the Blizz quest window with Carbonite's?

I have attached a screenshot showing the LightHeaded offset:
-------------------------
Luupin------

Thanks for your post and the added screencapture.

I came to this forum today specifically to find out why it's happening to me.

I normally use both Lightheaded and Doublewide, but now something is wrong.

... waiting for replies from authors of the Carboniteaddon, Lightheaded, and DoubleWide...

-- Kreelor

08-11-09, 04:17 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Doublewide is no longer needed. According to the Blizz patch notes, they added that function into the default UI. Try disabling it and see if stuff is still screwy.

From the 3.2 Patch notes:
The quest log is now double-paned for more easily viewing quest information. The list of all quests a player has will show in one pane, while the quest details of any highlighted quest will display in the next.

08-11-09, 07:07 PM   #4
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

use /lh detach to move frame to the right a bit....

08-12-09, 12:10 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I've not had any problems like this - I suspect it's rather a conflict between Lightheaded and DoubleWide in that case.

Like Vis said, DoubleWide is obsolete since patch 3.2.0. If it is disabled, does the offset still take place between Carbonite's quest log and Lightheaded?

Does the original poster use DoubleWide as well?

08-13-09, 08:07 PM   #6
Luupin
A Murloc Raider
No, I am not using the DoubleWide addon.

To verify the conflict, I only had LightHeaded and Carbonite loaded.

Note:
The LightHeaded alignment issue is only temporary, each time the Quest window is launched. The following actions will correct the misalignment:
  • Hiding/Expanding the LightHeaded panel
  • Detaching/Reattaching the LightHeaded panel

Once the Quest window is closed, the next time it is opened, the temporary misalignment reappears.

The issue is more of an annoyance and not a show stopper for not using either addon.

08-13-09, 09:49 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Luupin View Post
No, I am not using the DoubleWide addon.

To verify the conflict, I only had LightHeaded and Carbonite loaded.

Note:
The LightHeaded alignment issue is only temporary, each time the Quest window is launched. The following actions will correct the misalignment:
  • Hiding/Expanding the LightHeaded panel
  • Detaching/Reattaching the LightHeaded panel

Once the Quest window is closed, the next time it is opened, the temporary misalignment reappears.

The issue is more of an annoyance and not a show stopper for not using either addon.
Does the Lightheaded misalignment only happen when you have Carbonite loaded and are using the default Blizz Quest Log window? Does it do the same thing using the Carb Quest Log?

08-13-09, 11:17 PM   #8
Luupin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Does the Lightheaded misalignment only happen when you have Carbonite loaded and are using the default Blizz Quest Log window?
Yes, I'm using the default Blizz Quest Log window.

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Does it do the same thing using the Carb Quest Log?
I haven't tried using the Carbonite Quest window instead of the default Blizz one. I will give that a shot to see how it acts.

Also, the default Blizz Quest window opens in the same location in all scenarios, as it does with no addons loaded (so it's the initial anchor coordinates used by LightHeaded that get messed up).

08-14-09, 02:54 AM   #9
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think you missed the essential part of the question, Luupin: If you disable Carbonite, does Lightheaded still appear in the wrong position? Also, are you running the latest version of Lightheaded?

08-15-09, 08:41 AM   #10
Luupin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vilkku View Post
I think you missed the essential part of the question, Luupin: If you disable Carbonite, does Lightheaded still appear in the wrong position?
No. If Carbonite is disabled, the line-up offset issue with LightHeaded does not appear. It only appears for LightHeaded when Carbonite is also enabled.

Originally Posted by Vilkku View Post
Also, are you running the latest version of Lightheaded?
Yes, I'm using v297 of LightHeaded.

08-15-09, 09:43 AM   #11
Luupin
A Murloc Raider
Below are a series of screenshots showing the results of opening the quest log:

Default Blizz quest log - Only LightHeaded v297 enabled - No offset issue:

Default Blizz quest log - LightHeaded & Carbonite enabled - Offset issue:

Carb quest log - LightHeaded & Carbonite enabled - Offset issue, but ok here:

Carb quest log - LightHeaded & Carbonite enabled - Open position of window moved:

The behavior is consistent. The problem only occurs when Carbonite is also enabled and the Default Blizz quest log window is used.

The line-up with the Carb quest log is consistent regardless of where the window is opened on the screen.

Since the Carb quest log window is always available (set as default or setup with a Alt-L), it appears that Carbonite may indeed be making window coordinate adjustments to the default Blizz window coordinate values, which are then used by LightHeaded each time the quest log is opened.

The vertical offset distance for the LightHeaded panel on the Blizz quest log seems to match that of the vertical offset on the Carb quest log (just different direction), so maybe the values were changed to cause LightHeaded to lineup as it does on the Carb quest log window.

08-15-09, 02:22 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carbonite does have to move LH to make it align with our quest log. It has to move it back for the Blizz quest log, which was not double wide when that code what written.

I will have to debug it.

08-15-09, 03:10 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Fixed LightHeaded alignment with Blizzard quest log.

Will be in next version.

08-16-09, 08:23 AM   #14
Luupin
A Murloc Raider
Excellent!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 3.21 & LightHeaded v.297 conflict