07-29-10, 01:24 PM   #1
Tragedy777
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
An Addon I remade, but not mine, help!

Hey guys I need help before I try to upload this addon. First of all it's not mine, but I have redone the files and put my own spin upon it. I do not wish to take credit for the initial addon as it is not my original design.

The addon is actually a mod so to speak, its a HDR lighting and bloom mod for wow. You extract the two files into wow, and with a in game command shift+f12 you can turn off and on the lighting and bloom effects.

Anyone with a high end system with their graphics maxed would adore this mod, I have high confidence in that, the mod is absolutely amazing!

Can I upload and credit proper respects to the artist, or should I just back away slowly and not dabble in this situation?

I am only trying to make everyone here happy by sharing one of the greatest mods in history of wow mods, as this is just my opinion.
07-29-10, 01:34 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Is the original addon still actively developed?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-29-10, 03:20 PM   #3
Tragedy777
Banned
A new version of it was released some time ago, but as of his activities have no idea and do not know him on a level where I have the ability to contact him as I really do not know who it is. This mod was passed to me by a friend, after had downloaded it from his site. I looked here and seen it was not listed, I checked the forums and there was a topic on it about how people said it was no longer available.
07-29-10, 03:30 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If you've significantly reworked it, you can upload it, but note that you weren't the original author.
07-29-10, 03:50 PM   #5
Tragedy777
Banned
I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me about this, I will note I am not the original author and if there is any problems you can delete it without hesitation for any issues you feel may arise.

I only wish to share this with the community and I do not care if others think it's my original design, this is something everyone should experience and enjoy.

Thank you so much again, I appreciate your time and willingness to address this with me.

07-29-10, 04:14 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ummm, it has a .dll file in it. Sorry, not approving that, not something we want to get into hosting.
07-29-10, 04:16 PM   #7
Tragedy777
Banned
Everything within the two files is clean, I have checked with Blizzard about it and got a response saying that it was safe to use.

I am by NO means arguing with you under any circumstances just curious as to why that is bad.
07-30-10, 09:51 AM   #8
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Sounds like ENBSeries by Vorontsov Boris. Just remember it has it's own license.

People who distributed the files with a "config for WoW" broke this license by not leaving all the files and license in the zip so make sure if you're going to distribute this -wherever you choose to do it- you actually do it correctly.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 07-30-10 at 09:58 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » An Addon I remade, but not mine, help!