01-24-09, 06:52 PM   #461
Mereidos
A Kobold Labourer
Druid - Forms

Hi there,

everything works fine with Macaroon for me, even possessions, except for my druid.
When i switch to bear-form the actionbars do aswell, but no other form is recognized, althought i created seperate stance bars for them (e.g. Catform).

any know this problem and/or how to fix it?

(using 3.0.8 patch)

01-26-09, 08:35 PM   #462
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
well I've tried everything and I STILL am stuck with my backpack bag button. I used the 4 saved lua files someone posted on the previous page and put them in my savedvariables folder. I deleted all macaroon folders from addons, reinstalled, and then installed the patched .lua

nothing works. dead in the water.

am i missing something?

update: fixed. i put the new .lua in the wrong folder.

I can now create my bars again. A hassle but I can do it.

Problem: Macaroon Xtras still not working - I still have the busted backpack button and can't modify the bag bar. Despite wowinterface listing 30000.12 as the lastest version, it is downloading 30000.11 - according to the change log, 30000.12 is the 3.0.8 version.

anyone have the zip they dont mind hosting? For some reason its no longer available.

Last edited by Arcadian Del Sol : 01-26-09 at 09:22 PM.

01-27-09, 05:23 AM   #463
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

How-To Main bar & Possession bar

Here's a how-to I wrote for a friend. Feel free to check it for grammar and content ^-^

To use Macaroon:

You will need to set up various bars. These bars can be in any order or have any assignment of buttons - be the the limited actions, possession/vehicle/riding, pet or macros.

Setting up a main bar is pretty simple:

/mac create bar

Now you have a bar to start with. You can click and drag it around, and hovering over shows you the options you have, and the mod it's in.

But it has no buttons on it. Let's fix that. Right click the bar. Now you have a menu. This menu has two pages. On the first page is two columns; the left column is how to change how the bar looks, the right bar selects what modes this bar has. Select button count at the bottom of the left column. Click done to close the window.

Now your bar should be green. Hover your mouse over it (if you leave the bar, it'll go back to blue and you'll need to pop up the configuration menu to get it to turn green again) and either click it repeatedly, or use your mousewheel. This will add or subtract buttons from the bar. (If you already assigned buttons, they will stay assigned if you accidentally add or subtract them).

Now that we have some buttons, let's make them do something! In any mode, you can drag and drop most things onto your buttons, just like the Blizzard action bar. However, the Blizzard action bar supports stances (like druid and warrior forms) and possessions. Let's add that next.

If your bar isn't blue, type:

/mac config

All the bars that have been created will go into configuration, and this will let you see the hidden or empty bars as well. Right click your main bar, and check 'posses' from the right column. This will add the 'possessed' mode to the bar.

You can now left-click the bar, and cycle through the modes. You should have two now. You'll need to go to the Possessed mode, right click, 'add buttons' and add twelve more buttons. These will automatically assigned the possession action ids, so you don't need to add items. Now you have main bar that will switch to the possession bar when appropriate! We'll add a dismount macro next.

Okay, so you have a bar, but does it do what you want? You could tromp down to Steel Gate and find out... And you'd find out you don't have an exit vehicle button.

/mac edit

This will put Macaroon into edit configuration. All the buttons will now have labels like 'id #5' or 'macro' or 'pet #4'. These are what the buttons are assigned to.

Normally, Macaroon will write you a macro for anything you drag into the bar. But if the action was more complex, sometimes it leaves it on the Blizzard bar and makes a link to the action id instead. The Possession and Pet IDs are some of these - because when you summon a pet or enter a vehicle, you get new actions from the server assigned to those IDs.

So far, no possessions have more than ten actions... So let's change the twelfth button into a macro. We can do this by clicking until it says 'macro' and then right-clicking the button to pop up a menu. This menu has two pages, but there's a text box to enter a macro right there.

/script VehicleExit()

Now, if I were smart, I'd know the icon for exit. But I don't, so right click on the icon and choose something you'll remember. Click done to close the window.

Now you have two modes on one bar defined. Now you're probably wondering how we bind these to your keyboard. Well, that's simple.

To alter the bindings, type

/mac bind

This will show all the buttons and their bindings. Well, it normally shows bindings, but now you can hover your pointer over each button and see what you have or haven't bound it to. You can merely point the mouse cursor at each button and press a key - make sure you're not in the chat window! - and it'll add it to the binds. If you want to remove a bind, right click on the button.

You'll probably want to assign these to one though equals, and maybe something else, too. I have them bound to two things, so I can easily press them depending on if I'm typing or using my Nostromo - or you might want them bound to things around your WASD.

Yay! You have one bar and the possession bar defined. Those are the hardest two steps!

Oh, you might want to turn off the Blizzard bar now. You can always turn it off and on later. Either use the Interface Menu, or type

/mac menu

And select 'Hide Blizzard Bars'.

Happy hunting!

Tricks:

If you ever lose a button on one of your bars, you can always do '/mac edit' and change the button back to what you want it to be, be it a possession or pet action or macro.

Remember not to change bars around when you're in combat!

You can set pet bars and possession bars to always show if you change a bar's 'normal' buttons to those IDs.

For some reason, Blizzard doesn't watch the Windows or Apple Command keys; and Macaroon additionally doesn't let you assign Escape or F13 and above. So avoid using those with Macaroon; you can always assign a button or use the Blizzard action IDs to assign those keys.

-Crissa

01-27-09, 12:48 PM   #464
trishcfo
Premium Member
Premium Member
Macaroon has a Casting Bar for one ^^

You can also set it to show cooldowns on your spells/abilities...Bartender is decent, but Macaroon...when working...is much better. You can have a pet bar, a stance bar, a possesion bar...very customizeable ^^

01-27-09, 02:38 PM   #465
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by trishcfo View Post
You can also set it to show cooldowns on your spells/abilities...Bartender is decent, but Macaroon...when working...is much better. You can have a pet bar, a stance bar, a possesion bar...very customizeable ^^
Until this site approves the .12 of Macaroon extras (its here, but not been approved by wowinterface admins), or until someone can tell me how to access it from the SVN, then there's no need for this addon.

Its difficult for me to label this addon as being better than bartender 4. Y'see, bartender 4 still has a developer, and it currently works. That trumps a feature-heavy addon with no author that is broken.

01-27-09, 03:02 PM   #466
PJTMayhem
A Defias Bandit
Lets find Maul!

Does anyone know what server Maul plays on? Could try and find him there and see if he has, in fact, given up on this great piece of work.

01-27-09, 05:47 PM   #467
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by PJTMayhem View Post
Does anyone know what server Maul plays on? Could try and find him there and see if he has, in fact, given up on this great piece of work.
His armory page shows that he's still active, or at least *someone* is, and while I dont know how to check it out here, someone in the forums (the official wow forums) said that he had been online @ wowinterface.

I previously offered my well wishes to him here and in email, and got no response. So I'll respect his privacy, which he's clearly indulging in at this time and not hound him in email/pm. At such a time as he's ready to return, he will.

I've reluctantly moved on to Bartender 4 because so far, NOTHING i've tried has been able to fix the macaroon Xtras. I got the core macaroon working, but without a cast bar or the ability to open packs, its useless to me.

I've tried totally removing all macaroon and macaroon Xtras related files from both my WTF and my Addons folders and like I said, nothing I've tried has been able to fix Macaroon Xtras.

01-29-09, 03:59 PM   #468
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
If you absolutely have to use this abandoned mod, drop back to .28 and use the fix linked in the first page. I have mine working "well enough" for now.

I am, however, going to move on to Bartender 4 this weekend when I have time to sit down and configure all my characters from scratch.

Arcadian del Sol has the right of it. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

01-30-09, 05:28 PM   #469
Arindelle
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Arcadian Del Sol View Post

Problem: Macaroon Xtras still not working - I still have the busted backpack button and can't modify the bag bar. Despite wowinterface listing 30000.12 as the lastest version, it is downloading 30000.11 - according to the change log, 30000.12 is the 3.0.8 version.

anyone have the zip they dont mind hosting? For some reason its no longer available.
I don't get it -- the 30000.11 version works fine for binding (important^^) and the minimenu bar. If you have trouble with your bags just erase the lua and bak files -- and get a bag addon like arkinventory, and type B (if keybound) and save screen real estate.

02-01-09, 07:12 AM   #470
Shamoos
A Murloc Raider
Does anyone know if it's possible to set up an xp bar for my pet? I have one for MY xp, but I'd like a way to see my pet's xp and how close he is to leveling up without going into the character menu and keeping that open. I've been fiddling around with this for some time trying to figure this out, and as yet, have been unable to.

If it's not possible with Macaroon, is there another addon that will let me do it? I'm open to suggestions. At least for now my Macaroon works, so I'd like to keep it until it stops and maybe give Bartender a bit of time to catch up feature wise. I'm still holding out hope Maul will come back.

Thank you in advance for any help.

02-09-09, 11:13 AM   #471
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, 3.1 is due to come out soon. With it there is a high possibility of Dual spec, which is supposed to be able to change your bars in game with spec changes.

Will Macarroon be updated for this? Will it at least be updated to be compatible with 3.1? Will MAUL show his face here to give us answers?

I so love this mod and am afraid that it has made me very spoiled. I'm not sure what I will do if this falls into abaondonware.

-OSDeath

02-09-09, 12:04 PM   #472
ockky
A Defias Bandit

worst case scenario, you can simply save each spec as a profile, then when you swap specs, load the profile.

02-09-09, 07:19 PM   #473
Maxfunkey
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
for me Macaroon! just works fine, if for you it doesn't, you might want to pick my fixed macaroon! bundled with my UI-suite

02-10-09, 02:21 AM   #474
Chmul
A Kobold Labourer
Upcoming Dual-Spec

Hi there from Germany (so pls excuse my English),

as Blizz announced weŽll get Dual-Spec with the next patch. As I will have 2 specs for my shami (enhancement + heal), I will make 2 profiles. Now I would like to switch between them with a simple klick on a button so that I donŽt have to take the longer way (ESC, Interface, Addons, Macaroon, Profiles, choose Profile, load).

Is there a way to write a macro? Or to manage it otherwise?

Thanks for ideas.

Greetz, Chmul

02-10-09, 05:09 PM   #475
NavyFC
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Chmul View Post
Hi there from Germany (so pls excuse my English),

as Blizz announced weŽll get Dual-Spec with the next patch. As I will have 2 specs for my shami (enhancement + heal), I will make 2 profiles. Now I would like to switch between them with a simple klick on a button so that I donŽt have to take the longer way (ESC, Interface, Addons, Macaroon, Profiles, choose Profile, load).

Is there a way to write a macro? Or to manage it otherwise?

Thanks for ideas.

Greetz, Chmul
To change profiles put this in your macro:
Code:
/script Macaroon.LoadProfile("PROFILENAMEHERE")
Simply put the name of your desired profile in place of PROFILENAMEHERE.
Pay attention to capital letters and you must use the quotes around the profile name.

02-12-09, 09:58 PM   #476
Lissandria
A Murloc Raider
I just got this keyboard today, and I am working on setting up my macro keys. My question is this:

Everything that I use the C buttons for has to be bound to a key/key combination. This means that in wow, I pretty much have to have everything on a castbar. I have tried to set it up to even do something as simple as /use 13 but what happens is this: First hit of the button pops up a /. Second hit pops up with /use 13. It's pretty useless that way. BUT.

I know that I have enough screen real estate/unbound keys that I can pretty much just pop a bar over on the side of my screen, drop macros for what I want to do on it and fade it out to 0 using Bartender4.

Or...

I've heard about this addon. I've never used it before, but I have heard about it. I even started reading through this forum, but my eyes started to cross around page five. Am I correct in understanding that with that program, I can make a macro, keybind it, and never put it on a castbar?

If this is the case, will this work in conjunction with Bartender4? Right now, I'm using a UI that I downloaded from the compilation list here on WoWI, and I really like it. I do not want to have to tear it apart if I don't have to.

02-14-09, 09:54 AM   #477
Mishkin_85
A Kobold Labourer
I'm going to post this here as well...

I'm having a bit of a problem and I can't find a cure for it anywhere.

This is what I get when I log on my death knight (all my other characters work fine, it's only the one that's completely messed up):

[16:52:09] 25;26;27;28;29;30;31;32;33;34;35;36
[16:52:09] Macaroon Critical Error Detected: Invalid button on MacaroonBars2. Saved Variables reset required! Sorry!
[16:52:09] 73;74;75;76;77;78;79;80;81;82;83;84
[16:52:09] Macaroon Critical Error Detected: Invalid button on MacaroonBars5. Saved Variables reset required! Sorry!
[16:52:09] 85;86;87;88;89;90;91;92;93;94
[16:52:09] Macaroon Critical Error Detected: Invalid button on MacaroonBars6. Saved Variables reset required! Sorry!
[16:52:09] 37;38;39;40;41;42;43;44;45;46;47;48
[16:52:09] Macaroon Critical Error Detected: Invalid button on MacaroonBars3. Saved Variables reset required! Sorry!

Now, I've deleted all but the config.wtf file inside the WTF-folder and I've removed Macaroon and reinstalled it, all my other characters have had their setups cleared, but this one keeps giving me a headache. I've also deleted the cache-folder, to no avail.

I also get:

Interface/Addons/Macaroon/Macaroon_Bars.lua:461 : attempt to index 'button' a nil value

every time I log in, click the minimap button or change any setting related to the bars. And it's only on the one character.

Also, for some reason, the death knight has 7 bars that look like they're half-empty, with a few buttons in a few of them that can be edited, but the rest are just empty even though hovering over them tells me they should have buttons on them... This, with a non-existent profile, ie a fresh install, no other character has these bars, all I see when I log onto them is the blizzard main bar.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Also, I cannot remove the bars, trying gives me another message:

Interface/Addons/Macaroon/Macaroon_Bars.lua:3055 : attempt to index 'button' a nil value

Last edited by Mishkin_85 : 02-14-09 at 12:56 PM.

02-19-09, 03:12 AM   #478
Niimaur
A Defias Bandit
Memory leak?

I have just noticed that my Macaroon seems to have a memory leak

After I have been in WoW for a while, Macaroon appears in the top 3 memory users and increases by anything from 0.01MB to 0.05MB per tick.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or been able to fix it?

Nim - Dragonblight (EU)

02-20-09, 10:07 PM   #479
Torqi
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Lost Dps

When Bongos 3 went away, I looked at Dominoes and quickly realized it was actually a downgrade to a stripped down version of Bongos 2. That was unacceptable. I looked at Bartender and a couple other mods to replace it since returning to the Blizz interface was simply unacceptable after being spoiled by Bongos. Macaroon seemed to have the most promise of the bunch. And as I progressed up the learning curve, I saw so many things that I don't know how I ever lived with JUST the features in Bongos. In short, Macaroon is so good, that I was willing to avoid any *pet* or *possess* situations for months until I managed a solution.

BUT NOW...

After doing everything else I could think of to raise my DPS, including: gearing up, gemming up, and enchanting up using be.imba.hu as a guide, reading up on my spec, and respeccing 5 times to tweak it, reglyphing, AND reading up on and discussing spell rotations with other people with the same spec - I was able to come up from 1200 to 1600 dps. And I beat my head against the wall because people with similar specs who were less geared, less gemmed, and less enchanted than i was were doing 2400 dps in the same circumstances!

Being a computer geek, troubleshooting is my strong point. I started looking at all my settings, and mods... To save some time describing the process of elimination, I'll just say I was able to absolutely rule it down to Macaroon causing my problem. I have been able to show on 3 different computers that with nearly any number of mods and with reasonable hardware settings I can consistently do 2500-2800 dps (with my consistent test configuration), but as soon as i turn on macaroon, even if it is the only mod running (other than Recount), I immediately drop to a consistent 1500-1600 dps.

I have done a few searches for this in forums and on Google, and have found nobody else complaining about this problem. But I can't see anything I am missing, considering how many weeks I have been troubleshooting this. I do have around 200 buttons configured, But I even ruled that out by deleting all but a couple bars and removing all but the core mod, and the Spell and Cast Bar Macaroon xtras... It still does it on a dual core with an ATi 3100 and 4 gigs ram with the lowest hardware settings... looking into the floor... on a target dummy... in Exodar. System Lag is not the issue.

I'd hate to start over with another action button mod, and frankly I don't think I will find anything else to compare to Macaroon in functionality... but losing 1000-1200 dps is keeping me from raiding with the big boys.

Any ideas?

-Torqi of Alleria

02-21-09, 12:02 PM   #480
Torqi
A Murloc Raider
Post Fixed Low Dps

I fixed my problem, btw... For whatever reason, my spell ranks never upgraded on my buttons when I got new ranks. That should not have happened considering how well the macros autowrite in other circumstances, and because of the fact that I never had (rank #) in any of the macros once they were on the buttons... it would just have the spell name, sometimes followed by (), sometimes not. Macros written like that should track your highest ranked spell...

In any case. I am happy. I know there is a problem with the Bags and System Bar, but I never use those anyway... everything is hotkeyed. More real estate for me.

--Torqi

Last edited by Torqi : 02-21-09 at 12:04 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!