01-01-12, 09:08 PM   #1
d-.-b
A Murloc Raider

Can I run WoW on this laptop?

My last pc died. It's deader than dead. PSU's capacitor fried. Motherboard doesn't respond to anything, none of the lights turn on. RAM is gone too. Hard drive is still good, but that's not saying much.

Suffice it to say I need to build a new PC, which will take me a while.

In the meantime the only thing I have to play on is my old laptop.
It's an Acer Aspire 5532 with Win7

Some specs:
AMD Athlon 64 processor TF-20 (1.6 GHz)
ATI Radeon HD3200 (1408MB memory)
3GB RAM

The minimum sys requirements on their site state
- Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
(I don't know for sure where my processor stands here, but I think it should work)
- 1 GB or more of RAM
(Pretty set here)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better
(And again, I don't know where my video card stands here, but I'm more than willing to bet it's lacking)

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
01-01-12, 10:21 PM   #2
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
While I don't know if you can specifically, I can reassure you slightly. I've been playing WoW (on the lowest settings) for 2 years on a 2007 Macbook. It only has an Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb of ram, and an Intel GMA 950 integrated video card (if you can even call it a video card). Looking at your specs, I think you should be able to run it just fine; at least enough to tide you over until you can get another computer. Hopefully someone else with more expertise than I will come along and give you more specific advice, but that's just my 2c
01-01-12, 10:25 PM   #3
d-.-b
A Murloc Raider

That is reassuring haha. I don't mind running on "etched in stone" graphics as long as I can smash a face with my hammer now and then. (Looks cooler in hieroglyphics anyway)

Thanks for the swift response
01-01-12, 10:39 PM   #4
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like you should be pretty good. My old HP lappy was about the same as yours and I could play just fine. When it comes to the graphics cards if I'm not mistaken the HD series Radeons are a step up from the standard Radeon cards. So you are above the minimum specs. You will probably have to nerf the graphics down to just above etched in stone quality though. And invest in a good cooler for the lappy too.

01-02-12, 01:33 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you can get to http://canyourunit.com on that laptop and choose Cata from the drop-down list, it will tell you if the machine in question can run the game. If it can't, the site will tell you where the machine falls short.
01-02-12, 03:40 AM   #6
d-.-b
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
If you can get to http://canyourunit.com on that laptop and choose Cata from the drop-down list, it will tell you if the machine in question can run the game. If it can't, the site will tell you where the machine falls short.
Oh wow this site is awesome. Thanks bunches.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Can I run WoW on this laptop?