05-15-09, 05:56 AM   #1
Sekke
A Murloc Raider
Buff/Debuff Tracker, Using BARS

I'm looking for an addon that will relatively easily allow me to track SPECIFIC buffs and debuffs with bars (preferably attaching the relevant icon to the bar as well). Support for bar growth is preferred, and the ability to separate the bars into different areas is a must.

So far the closest I've come is NeedToKnow, but it doesn't support the bar growth or icon display that I want (I suppose I could use TellMeWhen and place the icons near the bars, but that seems very unnecessary and cumbersome).

sFilter2 seems to do exactly what I want, but I'm not familiar enough with Lua to set it up correctly. I'm sometimes able to tinker with code, but I tried and couldn't seem to get it to work. If someone knows an easy way to set this up (without using oUF) that would actually be the best solution.

Addons like ClassTimers or SatrinaBuffFrames are great, but beyond the scope of what I need. ForteXorcist is ALMOST what I need, but for some reason it refuses to track certain buffs, and I can't seem to split it up into multiple areas.

Any help is appreciated.
05-15-09, 06:08 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sekke View Post
Addons like ClassTimers or SatrinaBuffFrames are great, but beyond the scope of what I need. ForteXorcist is ALMOST what I need, but for some reason it refuses to track certain buffs, and I can't seem to split it up into multiple areas.

Any help is appreciated.
If you can wait a bit, ForteXorcist will be getting the ability to split bars into multiple areas. Regarding buffs, it depends on what buffs. Currently Forte has full support for Warlocks and Deathknights.

From the FX changelog for v2 (wip)
Clone Spell or Cooldown timer bars. They will receive their independent settings.
05-15-09, 06:11 AM   #3
Sekke
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
If you can wait a bit, ForteXorcist will be getting the ability to split bars into multiple areas. Regarding buffs, it depends on what buffs. Currently Forte has full support for Warlocks and Deathknights.
Awesome. That is something I will be watching for. FX still does way more than I need, though, so finding a simpler solution would be ideal (I don't have a slow computer or anything, more of a personal preference).

EDIT: My issue with FX was tracking a trinket buff, by the way.

DOUBLE EDIT: I've gotten this addon called Filger to work (by the same author as sFilter2) and it seems like exactly what I need, only I can't seem to figure out how to move the bars. My guess is I need to "simply" add some code to tell the bars where to be or something like that, but that's a little bit beyond me. If someone could help it would be much appreciated.
http://infi.deluxe-board.com/wowaddons/
That's where I got both of them. The lua for Filger appears to be localized in German, which is just part of the fun of figuring out how to get it to work!

Last edited by Sekke : 05-15-09 at 07:06 AM.
05-15-09, 09:12 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
ElkBuffBars can do exactly this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-15-09, 06:34 PM   #5
Sekke
A Murloc Raider
I'll check out EBB, though it's still a little more than I need, I think. I only need to track 4 or 5 things, which I don't really need a full-on buff addon for.

I'm really liking this Filger addon, but as I said above, I can't figure out how to move it. Can someone take a look at this lua and give me some tips? It would be greatly appreciated.

http://infi.deluxe-board.com/wowaddo...on/Filger.html

EDIT: PS, TipTop is great!
05-15-09, 07:22 PM   #6
kraftman
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
have you tried Buffed!

You can make specific buff icons larger, and change the size of their bars accordingly, as well as moving them wherever you want.

(http://www.wegame.com/watch/Buffed_c...ation_testing/)

Last edited by kraftman : 05-15-09 at 07:34 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Buff/Debuff Tracker, Using BARS