02-10-07, 05:33 AM   #1
Vella
A Murloc Raider
Favorites page in the Spellbook

Hello,
i'm a little lazy mage and i have a problem. i don't want to have extra bars for portals, they are unused 99% of the time. and üpaging in the spellbook is, hmm, stupid . so my idea ist to add an extra page to the spellbook, similair to the normal pages (frost, fire, arcane) where all my portals are.

it also could be interesting to add only an configurable extra page, where spells could be placed. a quick use page, or something like that.

just an idea, i don't know if this is possible.

Last edited by Vella : 03-15-08 at 05:04 AM. Reason: The old title doesn't fit anymore
02-10-07, 01:04 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Why don't you give Cryolysis a looksee? http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files...lysis-revived/
02-10-07, 02:22 PM   #3
Vella
A Murloc Raider
i don't like it .

and just for portals? thats a bit too much .
02-10-07, 03:05 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
LOL - fair enough. Isn't there a mod that hides all buttons on a bar until asked to show them?.....
02-10-07, 03:06 PM   #5
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Geist can do that
02-10-07, 03:29 PM   #6
robthedude
Don't Panic

I like the idea of a 'favorites page' in the spellbook, is there an addon like this or shall I learn LUA?
02-12-07, 03:57 AM   #7
Vella
A Murloc Raider
a question in befor, is it possible to create an extra spellbook-page?
02-12-07, 04:47 AM   #8
Ektyr
A Fallenroot Satyr
I also like this idea, and would love to see it made into a simple little mod.

Mods like Cosmos and CTMod (correct me if I'm wrong) would either lay their configuration out within a standalone spellbook page or add a new one. It's been a very long time since I tried these, but I definitely remember something from CTMod. I would think this mod is possible, but I'm nothing close to a coder.
02-13-07, 03:31 AM   #9
Vella
A Murloc Raider
i fixed the title, because it doesn't fit any more to the question .

who could be asked for a project like this?
03-15-08, 05:06 AM   #10
Vella
A Murloc Raider
About a year went by , but my question is still the same.

Is it possible to create an extra page in the Spellbook, so that i have an "quick use" page?
03-15-08, 07:51 AM   #11
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is indeed possible to add a button, I know that. Clique uses a button to open its GUI.

I don't know however, if it is possible to have spells there too. I am sure it can be. Hopefully an author will come around and give you a little more help
03-15-08, 07:59 AM   #12
tattooedpierre
An Aku'mai Servant

I use the mod TotemGarden to do this for me. Not only portal/teleport spells but all manner of less frequently used spells, across all my classes.

It hides them until I mouse-over. Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1695  
03-15-08, 08:17 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is still Geist which was suggested before, Cryolysis, and a ton of other mods. AutoBar even adds port spells to the hearthstone button. But there still hasn't been a mod coded to do what you asked. If it can be done, perhaps you'll have better luck this year.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-15-08, 08:45 AM   #14
Vella
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
There is still Geist which was suggested before, Cryolysis, and a ton of other mods. AutoBar even adds port spells to the hearthstone button. But there still hasn't been a mod coded to do what you asked. If it can be done, perhaps you'll have better luck this year.
i know... i am choosey and i still like the idea .
03-15-08, 08:48 AM   #15
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You probably can, but i am no expert (or even slightly knowlagable) when it comes to coding but you could always just use a barmod (i have trinity for instance) and place the buttons somewhere and have them fadein only on mouseover. thats what i currently do

03-15-08, 10:41 AM   #16
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Well, you could add a page to your spellbook with spells, but it couldn't be fully functional. It couldn't be hidden or changed to another page if you enter combat when it's up, and it couldn't be shown when in combat. Beside these two (still annoying) issues, I think that more or less anything you can imagine in this field is possible.
03-15-08, 01:42 PM   #17
Daxxzod
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
If I read Maul's notes on his new beta version of trinitybars2, we will be able to create bars that have 1 main button you mouse over the bar extends out, sort of like autobar, i think that does it too. I'm loyal to trinitybars, it's too too awesome. The functionality seems endless.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Portal Page in the Spellbook