07-24-10, 07:59 PM   #1
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not saving map position

I'm having an issue with the map/minimap not staying put! I'm probably missing an option tick somewhere or something easy. The big map will not stay where I want it... it always defaults back to the same spot upon closing and opening it again. The bigger issue is that the mini-map's left edge always realigns itself to the left edge of the big map, thus always altering my "main view" layout.

Notes: I also use AlphaMap for dungeon maps and I use a dual-monitor setup.

07-24-10, 08:08 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Does Carbonite work properly when it is the only map addon installed?

Generally it is not a good idea to run multiple addons that interact with the same things. From the description on Curse, Alphamap is also a WorldMap replacement, which Carbonite is as well.

07-24-10, 08:14 PM   #3
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Does Carbonite work properly when it is the only map addon installed?

Generally it is not a good idea to run multiple addons that interact with the same things. From the description on Curse, Alphamap is also a WorldMap replacement, which Carbonite is as well.
Yeah I tried without Alphamap and it is still not saving the position settings. All the other settings I have tried seem to be working fine, just map positions aren't working. I've also noticed now that the sizing for BG maps is not saving.

07-24-10, 08:24 PM   #4
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I've also tried deleting my carbonite saved variable settings and when I logged back in, the map was exactly where I had left it. It's like the settings have been overridden by something - but it's ONLY map position settings. Sizing data is not being affected, it is isolated only to position.

07-24-10, 08:30 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I vaguely remember one of the Devs mentioning that BG map settings were saved on a per map basis, just an fyi on that one if you didn't know it

But onto the full Carb map saving settings.. Are you on Win7? If you are, there may be a permission problem for whatever reason. You can try right clicking on the WoW shortcut, and choosing to run as admin. Log into the game, choose a toon, make a setting change, log out then back in. Does the setting stay now?

07-24-10, 08:33 PM   #6
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Figured it out!

MoveAnything had somehow grabbed the settings for the maps. The issue is the fact that the AlphaMap cannot be moved without MoveAnything and the "maximized map" for Carbonite and the AlphaMap are the same window names. So when I moved the AlphaMap with MoveAnything, it also moved the Carbonite map. I'll learn to live with it... maybe one of the add-on authors will change the hook for moving the map so they can coexist better in the future, but for now it works well enough!

07-24-10, 08:33 PM   #7
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I vaguely remember one of the Devs mentioning that BG map settings were saved on a per map basis, just an fyi on that one if you didn't know it

But onto the full Carb map saving settings.. Are you on Win7? If you are, there may be a permission problem for whatever reason. You can try right clicking on the WoW shortcut, and choosing to run as admin. Log into the game, choose a toon, make a setting change, log out then back in. Does the setting stay now?
I installed WoW to the root directory outside Program Files to avoid this issue

07-24-10, 08:36 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Aalwein View Post
Figured it out!
*snip*
The issue is the fact that the AlphaMap cannot be moved without MoveAnything *snip*
This may help you out from the Curse page on Alphamap:
Source: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ns-update.aspx
Move the AlphaMap by holding down Control & Alt keys, and moving via the yellow movement bars at the top and bottom of the map.

Glad you found your issue though

07-24-10, 08:37 PM   #9
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Aalwein View Post
Figured it out!

MoveAnything had somehow grabbed the settings for the maps. The issue is the fact that the AlphaMap cannot be moved without MoveAnything and the "maximized map" for Carbonite and the AlphaMap are the same window names. So when I moved the AlphaMap with MoveAnything, it also moved the Carbonite map. I'll learn to live with it... maybe one of the add-on authors will change the hook for moving the map so they can coexist better in the future, but for now it works well enough!
I take it all back, I must have just accidentally grabbed both carbonite maps with MoveAnything and never noticed it. Once I cleared the map settings from MoveAnything and then made adjustments strictly to AlphaMap, Carbonite's maps still work fine.

I'm an idiot... false alarm! I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

07-24-10, 08:37 PM   #10
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

This may help you out from the Curse page on Alphamap:

Glad you found your issue though
oh snap! that's helpful, thank you.

07-24-10, 08:39 PM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Welcome, glad I could lend a hand

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Not saving map position