10-23-12, 12:46 PM   #1
wrightsworld
A Defias Bandit
Minimap Integration Issues

When I activate the 'move mini-map into Carbonite' in mini-map options everything works fine until I try to enlarge the map. The wow mini-map doesn't synchronize with Carbonite and thus leaves the nodes for gathering in the original mini-map creating a distortion as to where the nodes are. I'm have poor eyesight and need to enlarge the mini-map to visually see the gathering points. I have disabled all my add-ons and re-downloaded Carbonite to ensure that there is no file corruption but the problem is still there. I would appreciate some advice please?

10-23-12, 02:18 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
for the yellow dots there is nothing you can do to enlarge them, the minimap is set in stone the way blizzard wants it.

What carbonite does, is if you've imported gathering nodes or gone gathering yourself it remembers where you found stuff then displays a picture of what you found at that location so you can see node spawn points and check if a node is there to be farmed.

For example while going looking for ghost iron, I can look at my map and see every spot i've found ghost iron before in the zone, then I can fly around checking each one and if I see the yellow dot show up on my minimap then I know there is one there to go harvest.

10-24-12, 02:20 PM   #3
wrightsworld
A Defias Bandit
Minimap Integration Issues

Hi Rythal, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. When I integrate Blizzards mini-map into Carbonite and then resize it bigger the blizzard mini-map ghosts over it at the same size as its original and cannot be resized or integrated into your mini-map. I must be doing something wrong as previous versions have allowed resizing.

10-24-12, 05:20 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by wrightsworld View Post
Hi Rythal, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. When I integrate Blizzards mini-map into Carbonite and then resize it bigger the blizzard mini-map ghosts over it at the same size as its original and cannot be resized or integrated into your mini-map. I must be doing something wrong as previous versions have allowed resizing.
No, the Blizzard minimap cannot be re-sized by Carbonite. It's possible that you had another addon that allowed you to do that, but Carbonite does not. I know this is a technicality, but Carbonite only has one map and it is either maximized or minimized. Carbonite has no "mini-map".

If you have merged the Blizzard minimap and Carbonites map on the "Map Minimap" page of Carbonites options, but the Blizzard minimap is still visible on top of the Carbonite map, right click the Carbonite minimized map and then click "Minimap..." in the menu that opens. In the next menu, you will want to adjust the "Docking Below Map Scale (number)" slider. Mine is set to "(2.48)", but your setting might have to be different. Remember: You can use your mouse scroll wheel to adjust Carbonites sliders by simply putting your cursor over the slider and scrolling the wheel to make fine adjustments, but you can make gross (large) adjustments by clicking in the slider path.

On the same menu, see what the "Transparency" (the first slider on that menu) slider is set to. You can also set that to "(0.00)" and the Blizzard minimap will disappear, but it will still be visible when you hold the "ctrl" key like always, and whenever you are somewhere that the Blizzard minimap will dock inside the Carbonite minimized map..

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap Integration Issues