04-06-15, 05:35 PM   #1
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Mythic Imperator Mar'gok, P3 branded helper

The following is a dry coded attempt at organizing the branded marks in the final phase of the mythic mar'gok fight. Essentially, in the last phase, denoted by the boss' health being < 35%, one player will be afflicted by a debuff, which will spread to the closest target within 200 yards. On the first jump only, it will also duplicate, so in reality, the nearest two players get it, and the debuff radius shrinks by 25% (the 2nd debuff jumps only 150 yards, the 3rd application 113, etc etc). After this first leap, the two debuffs will leap from the afflicted to the closest non-tank player that also doesn't have the debuff.

Our guild is employing the common method of assigning two "runners". These players are able to move a long distance very rapidly, thereby removing the debuff before it begins one shotting players.

Currently the idea of the addon is this: check to see if we start an encounter, if so, check if we have a boss1, if so, check the name to ensure we're fighting mar'gok, if we are, start looking at the boss' health. When the boss' health dips below 35%, the final phase starts, so we need to start poling CLEU for application and removal of the debuff events.

The idea, once the debuff is at 5 or more stacks, is the player should run it to the "runners", thereby transferring it to them, and allowing them to remove it from the raid. If neither of the runners have the debuff, the addon will calculate the distance between the afflicted and both of the runners to determine who they should run it to, whisper them accordingly, and ensure that the 2nd afflicted target does not attempt to run it to the same person.

Currently, this addon is dry coded, as it's fairly hard to test without actually fighting the boss.

If you all could be so kind as to a) make sure I'm not going to throw a bunch of errors before I get to test it out Wednesday, and b) possibly come up with a better coding solution to my problem (currently there's a shit load of if checks, and I'm almost assured there's a more efficient way to manage the issue.)

http://pastebin.com/EH34e5Pu

Cheers!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Mythic Imperator Mar'gok, P3 branded helper