12-23-09, 01:40 PM   #1
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

nUI and Healbot

Is it possible to be able to toggle healbot into the section where recount and omen are located? As a healer this would be so incredibly helpful in seeing around healbot, dbm, decrusive, and keeping hb out of the way of the target buffs. I really like nUI and think its the best mod that I have tried so far. Just wish it could do that, and that i could make the icons on my cast bar a little bigger.

Any suggestions or info would be great. Since I am not a computer person and the whole programming thing is like a foreign languare, please keep it simple and step by step if you do have suggestions.

12-23-09, 01:43 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for finally posting in the correct place Paynn

I'll go grab the reply I made in one of your threads

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29510

I linked 2 images there as well as a download link to the plugin you need to download to integrate the healbot download into nUI.

So, download healbot, download nUI, download nUI_Infopanel_Healbot and after some tweaking of setup you should be good to go.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-23-09, 01:53 PM   #3
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Awesome!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! lol.. Sorry about putting them in the wrong place. Just getting familiar here.

12-23-09, 02:17 PM   #4
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks SOOO Much!

Nice, my other 80 is a Mage She was my main for the longest time until I leveled my preist and she inevitably became my main.

I tried grid, and I like its layout, but I cant figure out how to program the spells and do mouse over casting on the raid targets so I chucked it and stuck with healbot.
Let me get this in the right thread again.. lol

How do you get your icons on your cast bar so big? When I heal its not that big of a deal, but when I roll shadow or play the mage, it would be good to have the a little bigger.

Also is there a way to turn the buffs on and off for my toon and my focus target?

Thanks again for your help!

There is one other thing that I posted about as far as using the nUI, and thats the thing with the dungeon finder not giving me an option to port in and out of the dungeons once I've been assigned to a group. It only gives me the option to re-que for a new dungeon. Maybe it will work with the nUI+. I thought I had that version earlier, but it was only the one that goes up to 10 mans.

12-23-09, 02:38 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, lets stick to nUI posting here huh Paynn

The Dungeon Finder icon shouldn't work any differently between the two versions. All nUI does is position it in the button bag or on the minimap. The rest is down to how blizzard has designed it. However, I think Scott replied to your other query and is gonna look into it.

As to making the main action bar buttons bigger this post may help you. Also, you may want to browse the FAQ section if something sparks your interest as it may have already been explained away one way or another But we won't bite your head off if you can't see it

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21011

I moved from healbot to grid but then just used grid as it had more flexibility as to where and what debuff dots went where on the frame so I knew for instance when a hot was applied to someone as I set up multiple hot like spells to show up in the same spot and color so I would know I could leave that person for a few and concentrate on others more needy. I ended up using a hefty macro sequence that used mouseover, focus and target options for healing targets.

Not sure, which buffs/debuffs you are talking about it as there are 3 areas on the screen they appear under different circumstances.

On the left hand side you have your buffs. On the right you have your targets debuffs. These are the good things Assuming you have the Player/Target hud setup the icons on the player side are your debuffs and the icons on the target side are the buffs. These are the bad things And finally, at the bottom of the hud area you will see a few icons appear as the fight progresses. The upper set of icons are your debuffs on your current target. The lower set are your cooldowns. They are in ascending order with those on the left first to be off timer. These are then repeated on your action bar buttons as timers for those like me who find it easier to watch timers on spell buttons than on the screen. The timers are shown with debuff times as well as cooldown times so it can get confusing at first.

If you're not sure how to explain what you are asking for a screen shot attachment may help us understand more

Characters:

12-23-09, 04:04 PM   #6
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Lol.. that must be why I have the Deviate in my rank.. Sorry, I tend to babble and will do my best to refrain. What triggered the mage reference was that I saw one of your buttons that looked like the mage decursive icon. In the second pic, I realized that you roll a druid.. I had to ask my self how you dont die in a fire with all that stuff in the middle of your screen. Having all that block my view is just the thing I'm trying to avoid so I dont die in a fire in ToC or the blue stuff in the first ICC fight.

Now that HB is in a good place, the buffs are fine, and yes...we are talking about the same thing.

Scott did respond to not being able to teleport in and out of the dungeons with the dungeon finder. After I get done reconfiguring HB I'll try it again and let you know if works properly with the nUI+ version. I'll also check out the link on resizing the icons. I looked at the Faqs on the nUI page where I had to subsribe to the newsletter, and tried to figure out those instructions, but I didnt see the right file to make the adjustments. I'll try it again. Otherwise, small icons are a small price to pay to for being able to see well enough to avoid the fire and the blue stuff.

Thanks again for all your help, and not biting my head off for missing the instructions. I'll be sure to bear that in mind when I make my donation with my next paycheck after the holidays.

12-23-09, 04:22 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, sorry, didn't mean the rambling on We're always derailing threads. I meant with all the other posts outside of nUI forums I keep cross posting

I have several 80s with both dps/heal/tankable types I just don't play the game anymore just use it for addons

I don't recall having problem like that though as I usually am scrolled out somewhat so I can see more of what is going on. My eyes are always in the lower center of the screen so anything I need to see all the time is put there

Characters:

12-23-09, 05:55 PM   #8
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well.. Healbot is working great, but the teleporting is not giving me the option to go in or out of the dungeon. Hopefully that can be resolved. It would be a bummer to have to give up this ui over that.

12-23-09, 05:57 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't get how no one else is having this problem. With the amount of users of nUI out there a large percentage must be using that on a daily basis. *ponders*

Characters:

12-23-09, 07:15 PM   #10
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Actually, I was wondering the same thing as I made the last post, but wanted to refrain from babbling about it. I couldnt help wonder that if there were more people, how come I didnt see anything about it. /shrug

I'm actually going to have to go through all this set up again next week when my new computer arrives back to me from having the hard drive memory ugraded from 4gigs to 8gigs. In the meantime, I've been playing around with all kinds of mods to see what I like best. That way, when the new one gets here, I can put only what is necessary and the ui that works best for my play style on it. From what I've seen, nUI+ is that.

I guess that if I have just the mods I need and want loaded, then I can do /disableaddons and /enableaddons to get in and out. It's just that people get so impatient. Although, with my new pc, the ui loads should go much faster. Right now I'm playing on a few year old "Craptop" as far as gaming is concerned. This one did well until WotLK came out last year.

It's only been a couple of time where I've had to do that anyway. Circumstances like running out of candles after doing a bunch in a row...or needing to repair from getting stuck with a crappy tank that doesnt build good threat, or a dps that doesnt know how to control aggro.

Maybe there is a conflict with some other mod?? However, I got rid of the ones I didnt like from my addon file, except for bartendar that came with spartan when I tried that. Although, Spartan did the same thing with the dungeon finder. I got rid of Icehud right away. Idk.. this girl knows nothing about programming or pc language what-so-ever.

12-23-09, 07:30 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
My suggestion is this.

Start with only nUI. Run around and kill stuff and do your daily bits and pieces that aren't raid specific. Click on various buttons in nUI to see if there is an option you weren't aware of.

Also, there are several slash commands that turn some of the nUI goodies off and on as required. You can use one of the Config addons to make this easier. Either the GUI version Kodewulf made or my own LDB version.

Make a note of addons you like to use on a regular basis and work them into your interface. Some have plugins for nUI so check the downloads for infopanel plugins and see if one is there.

Next, take a look at what you really needed for raiding and incorporate those similarly.

You should, at the end of all that, only have the addons you use and need and no excess.

Bar addons and HUD addons you shouldn't need. Similarly if you used OmniCC and / or InlineAuras for cooldowns and debuff timers on buttons you won't need those either as nUI has those items built in.

Characters:

12-23-09, 08:25 PM   #12
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Alright. I'll try that. I'll have to look up more info on how to get to the options, because I dont see an icon for them. I found the slash commands by typing /nui help.

I'll start with just nui, dbm and healbot. I'll take out recount and omen for now since they arent really necessay for 5 mans. But, after i run around and kill stuff, i'm going to need to do the randoms to test the teleport.

Thanks again for all of your time today. I very much appreciate it.

12-23-09, 09:07 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Try looking at this page.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat136.html

GUI is the one Kodewulf made which puts the slash commands in a nice user interface along with changing the fonts that nUI can use. The LDB one is one I created for people that wanted it for their info bar addons like titan and chocolatebar etc. My one just handles the slash commands though.

Characters:

12-23-09, 09:36 PM   #14
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Good News!! It's working now. I'm not sure what it was , but I cleaned out the addon file altoghether and reloaded nUI, hb, dbm, omen, recount, decursive and titan.

I did bookmark the url that you just linked to me and will mess around with the options some more. I cant wait to start using this in raids next week when my new pc is back and all buffed up!

Xrystal, You are a gem! Rofl.. you guys must think I'm banannas after flooding your fourms today! Sorry about that. When I'm teaching, I never get time to get this kind of stuff taken care of, so when I get a break like over the holiday I go after them in full force. I promise to lighten up on the post from now on. I hope you all were entertained at the very least!

Happy Holidays and Happy WoWing.

~Paynn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI and Healbot