09-26-10, 10:17 AM   #1
nostarielady
A Defias Bandit
privacy

i don't seem to be able to set privacy so no one can see me online, isn't this one of the features available?
If so please explain how.

thanks

09-26-10, 11:59 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't see how this could be a feature for Carbonite, as there is no way to hide yourself from other people. I suppose if Carbonite only hid you to other users of Carbonite, that might be possible (changing /who requests and friends/guild display on their end only)... But...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-26-10, 03:14 PM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

No, Carbonite does not offer any feature to hide you from anyone.

09-26-10, 06:44 PM   #4
nostarielady
A Defias Bandit
misunderstood

ok thanks, apparently I've misunderstood this part

Privacy - Not in a social mood? Just turn off communication with guild, friend or zone and other Carbonite users won't see what you're up to.

09-27-10, 02:37 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

That simply means that Carbonite won't broadcast your position (as a green blip on the Carbonite map) and your currently tracked quest (when hovering over "your" blip), as well as your current health and mana (as small horizontal and vertical bars along your blip) to other Carbonite users in your guild, friends list, and zone respectively.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » privacy