Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-11-14, 10:40 AM   #32
Kreelor
A Firelord

Lightbulb A suggestion regarding Carbonite's 2 map views

A suggestion regarding Carbonite's 2 map views.

From what I have read in the forums, addon authors often modify only the api's for the Blizzard's map(s) and the Carbonite large-view map to display POI icons. Currently, the Carbonite small-view map doesn't get the same info as the other maps, since it uses an api of its own. I hope I'm understanding this correctly.

Question:
Would it be possible to add a new button to Carbonite's large-view map to allow toggling (itself) to a smaller size (of itself)?
  • That way, it would be using only the one api since each of its two sizes would be showing the same POI icons.
  • Hopefully, each of the two sizes could have their sizes and 'zoom scales' set individually, and also be re-positionable on the display?
  • The use of the current Carbonite small-view could be a user-selectable check-box somewhere in Carbonite's "Options" if users prefer to use it (or not use it) instead of the suggested new method.
I just thought this might save a lot of time since only 1 api would have to be written to. If this can't or shouldn't be done, friendly feedback will be appreciated.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [Suggestions] Official Thread