10-01-12, 04:28 PM   #1
Hexhiss
A Murloc Raider

nUI vs. Hunter

Not sure if I am the only one having this problem, but when I log into my hunter, with nUI active, i can NOT dismiss my pet in order to summon a different one. I right click on the pet's target icon and click DISMISS, and I recieve an error that says it is an illegal function. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? nUI is my bread and butter for PvP and questing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100112_172401.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	7231  

10-01-12, 04:33 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No unit frame addon is allowed to access certain options from the right click menu such as dismissing pets and focusing targets. What you have to do in this case is use the Pet Dismiss ability that hunters get specifically.

10-01-12, 04:56 PM   #3
Seer
A Molten Giant
Hm.. Is that different from lock pets? Pretty sure I can dismiss mine, maybe not in combat tho. (Am aware setting focus not working)

10-01-12, 05:46 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't know, I never really dismiss my warlock pets I just summon a new one that replaces the old one rofl

10-01-12, 07:31 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This is the same bug as the right-click menu focus problem... it is a known taint bug in the Blizz unit frames for all addons. As a hunter, however, you can just drag the dismiss spell onto one of the action bars and use that.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-02-12, 02:44 AM   #6
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I don't know, I never really dismiss my warlock pets I just summon a new one that replaces the old one rofl
They're an annoyance sometimes :-p So I get rid of them during pet battles, cause they can be attacked by a (low level) mob during the battle..

Or during some dailies, there's one you enter another realm of some sort to rescue some npcs or so.. If you or your pet get hit by a mob you get thrown out, not a big deal (unless you happen to zone in a mop pack or 4 at once..) but annoying non the less :-p

10-02-12, 05:31 AM   #7
Hexhiss
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up

I feel like a total schmuck. It never occured to me to drag the hunter DISMISS PET ability to the action bar. thanks guys n gals. I guess the old addage is true, " More often than not, the most simple answer is the correct one."

10-02-12, 05:58 AM   #8
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

nah, don't feel bad. real story a friend has been playing since BC days on his drood(heal/boom) just remembered/realised he can shif t to bear form a month ago

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI vs. Hunter