10-31-10, 05:44 PM   #1
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
World markers via SecureActionButtonTemplate

I'm trying to make a frame with buttons for the new world markers for raid leaders/assistants. I'm trying to go about doing this by the "click" attribute, but I'm not entirely sure how to since it requires 2 clicks. This is my code at the moment:

Code:
flareBlue:SetAttribute("type1", "click")
flareBlue:SetAttribute("click", "CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton")
flareBlue:SetAttribute("click", "DropDownList1Button1")
Does anyone know if there's an easier way to do this, or simply just how to go about doing this? Thanks in advance!
10-31-10, 05:49 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

In the code you posted, (1) you'd need to set "click1", not "click", and (2) you're setting the attribute once, and then overwriting it by setting in a second time, so the only thing it would try to click would be DropDownList1Button1.

Try this instead:
Code:
flareBlue:SetAttribute("type1", "macrotext")
flareBlue:SetAttribute("macrotext1", "/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton\n/click DropDownList1Button1")
10-31-10, 05:54 PM   #3
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
In the code you posted, (1) you'd need to set "click1", not "click", and (2) you're setting the attribute once, and then overwriting it by setting in a second time, so the only thing it would try to click would be DropDownList1Button1.

Try this instead:
Code:
flareBlue:SetAttribute("type1", "macrotext")
flareBlue:SetAttribute("macrotext1", "/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton\n/click DropDownList1Button1")
Sadly that didn't work

I was trying to see if I could go about it via macros, but I wasn't sure how to make it all one line. I appreciate your help very much so. Any other ideas how we can outsmart Blizzard?
10-31-10, 06:42 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Has already been done a couple (more) times.

I still think that all those variations taint but I guess they may work for some.

Examples:
- Smoker
- RaidIconBar
- Raid Frame Be Gone
- Raid Flare Key Binding
- TargetCharms

Basically everyone and their aunt made an addon out of those macros

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-31-10 at 07:48 PM. Reason: add another to list
10-31-10, 11:08 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Waky View Post
Sadly that didn't work
Sorry, the first line should actually be setting the "type1" attribute to "macro", not "macrotext". The second line is correct, though.

Code:
flareBlue:SetAttribute("type1", "macro")
If that still doesn't work, post the rest of your code related to the "flareBlue" button.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » World markers via SecureActionButtonTemplate