03-01-11, 06:44 PM   #221
Artifact
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Sign me up for some HankUI!

I love oUF_Hank and can't wait for the complete UI. Those nameplates are sick.

03-02-11, 02:05 AM   #222
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rosoaa View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to have different nameplates for allies and enemies. Maybe two different addons?
It is. If you are willing to code something your own: I've started by taking apart caelNamePlates until I had a base frame to work with - basicly the nameplates scan (OnUpdate + IsValidFrame) and some variable names (... = GetRegions()). The addon is a good place to start as nameplates are one of those rare cases of anonymous frames where they are not defined within FrameXML and you would have to take a wild guess or read through the whole UIParent table to get a clue. So it was a helpful reference to see what regions I can work with. Aynway, you can decide whether the unit is friendly, neutral or hostile based on the statusbar color that is available after OnShow. That would be the point to realize different layouts based on the unit's reaction.

I hope you can release it when you finish
That's the plan ;>

03-02-11, 05:27 AM   #223
Helvete
A Murloc Raider
Hank, those nameplates kick ... - I'm impressed.
Please add font change to npc's (Commandrworg on Your screen) and friendly players like docsNameplates have and they will be perfect.
danltiger - author of tidy plates said, that this font change in docsnameplates is "Basically, that name text is just a nameplate without the healthbar."

... I'm impressed once again.

03-02-11, 06:07 AM   #224
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
That's a good idea. I'll just have to find some unique characteristic of those FontStrings in order to scan for them. I could probably set UNIT_NAME_FONT to something unique and search for matches with GetFontObject. I guess I'll take a look at doc's code.

Last edited by hankthetank : 03-02-11 at 06:12 AM.

03-02-11, 06:57 AM   #225
Helvete
A Murloc Raider
... and what can I say now ?
YOU ARE MY HERO !
This feature is great in raids, as Tank and RL I can see names of my 9 noobs slacking in Cho'gall's crush etc. that's why I think its great idea - but nobody use's it - only docs, which nameplates lacking tanking functions
... and Orgri looks much nicer

03-02-11, 07:44 AM   #226
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

@hank
I spent some days while doing rNamePlates trying to fiddle my way trough the Blizzard nameplates. Does the error occur only with vertical statusbars? (top/down). Maybe the default (left/right) works. Some height/setpoints may go wrong. I had issues with vertical statusbars all the time. Made my own based on textures from that time on. (Just used a transparent normal statusbars for the data and an overlay texture that gets cropped "onValueChanged")

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

03-02-11, 08:21 AM   #227
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
Does the error occur only with vertical statusbars?
Uhm... I guess so. I'm using the existing statusbar and the original layout (horizontal) works just fine. Your workaround is a good idea though. I have the feeling that this is due to the fact that FrameXML is a big mess, nameplates simply ignore any uiscale settings in general whereas certain subelements don't, which caused me hours of agony setting up the layout.

Another thing is that my chatframe background (the diagonal lines pattern) is displayed just fine mostly and then again blurry at a time - and with a 1px line this means barely visible - even though the anchor offsets and the size (all natural numbers to assure pixel perfection) is always the same. After a /reload it magically works again. I don't have problems with pixel perfection elsewhere. Everything seems so random sometimes.

@Helvete: Apparently you can't access those overhead names. You are most likely mistaking them with fiendly nameplates. Commandrworg in the screenshot is my toon and your character has no nameplate. That guy on the right, Althos, is a player. Isn't that what you are looking for? I guess all what DocsNameplates does is setting some CVars. You could achieve the same thing by hitting CTRL-V or changing the settings under Interface->Names->Unit Nameplates. It's not a feature of DocsNameplates or anything.

Last edited by hankthetank : 03-02-11 at 09:17 AM.

03-02-11, 02:51 PM   #228
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by hankthetank View Post
I have the feeling that this is due to the fact that FrameXML is a big mess, nameplates simply ignore any uiscale settings in general whereas certain subelements don't, which caused me hours of agony setting up the layout.
I'm going to take a guess and say that this is because nameplates exist in three dimensional space, where most of the other frames in the game do not.

Btw, what is that font you're using for those nameplates?

Looking forward to seeing your whole UI .

03-02-11, 07:55 PM   #229
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Another preview:
* portraits added
* class/reaction colored health
* power colored by type
... instead of custom static colors.

click for video

A picture showing raidframes is attached (with static colors, though).

I will most likely release it with static colors, used by default.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	proto_prev1.jpg
Views:	4004
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	5812  

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

Last edited by Dawn : 03-02-11 at 07:58 PM.

03-02-11, 11:38 PM   #230
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

what tooltip addon are you using? and what font is on the tooltip?

03-03-11, 12:25 AM   #231
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Both are my own, the font should be included in oUF_Slim (BitOnX).

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

03-03-11, 01:33 AM   #232
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
what is that font you're using for those nameplates
DIN 1451 Engschrift.

03-03-11, 01:41 AM   #233
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Something I've been working on.

Any feedback as to what I might be able to change?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030311_022952.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	756.3 KB
ID:	5813  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030311_023338.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	861.2 KB
ID:	5814  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030311_023247.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	576.8 KB
ID:	5815  

03-03-11, 02:10 AM   #234
Helvete
A Murloc Raider
Hank, Your right.
Yesterday I've checked how it works with docs.

NPC's and friendly players are ... just crtl+v friendly nameplates but without health bars like danltiger said. I think with some functions aded by docs: plates looks in orgrimar like that:

Name_of_Player
<Guild>

And when we are in raid/party and after we enter dungeon only:
Name_of_Player left, <guild> tag dissapear

And yes, Althos is almost what I mean - I don't really need hp bar and "100%" but ... I think I will live with that when Your nameplates gives me better threat options than docs give. I have to admit that some mini functionality of docs is great. Just check them how they work in orgri. You can see "green star" under your guild mates - its really great when ppl say on vent "where You are, I can't see you" .... but I can ! I think you should look closer at some docs functions and ad something from them to Yours nameplates.

I'm really can't wait to test Your nameplates ... so hurry up !!

And .... I can't watch on my english, my eyes burns - sorry for that

And ... did You think about debufs widget ?
Ahhh, and what about casting bar ?

Last edited by Helvete : 03-03-11 at 02:16 AM.

03-03-11, 02:21 AM   #235
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
Ahhh, and what about casting bar?
I'll integrate oUF_Hank into the UI, kinda suggests itself :>

03-03-11, 02:40 AM   #236
Helvete
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by hankthetank View Post
I'll integrate oUF_Hank into the UI, kinda suggests itself :>
... under nameplates, not UF

I think I'll stay with my super polshed custom made "kordaUI like" STUF but ... never say never, suprise me with Your UF's (you did it with nameplates, so there is chance)

03-03-11, 02:59 AM   #237
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
The np castbar looks exactly like in this concept here. Too lazy to take a screenshot now.

The unit frames exist for about a year now.

@Dawn: When do the 3d portraits appear? Looks like they would bother me personally in combat.

Last edited by hankthetank : 03-03-11 at 03:17 AM.

03-03-11, 09:49 AM   #238
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Something I've been working on.

Any feedback as to what I might be able to change?
Really clean, nice work (and nice mount). Are you using Dominos or something? Looks like it might be nmainbar. I'd suggest trying a bar switch that will toggle a bar to show another if you press Alt or another modifier. That way you can get rid of the floating bar on the lower left and combine it with the rest in the middle.

I see what you are doing with the minimap, but it throws off the symmetry of the UI. Perhaps move that to the right edge of the screen if you want to keep it on the bottom. Maybe just remove the gryphon images?

03-03-11, 10:08 AM   #239
Dawn
A Molten Giant

@hank
I forgot to capture the mouse cursor this time ... the portraits hide when you mouseover the unit and are visible otherwise. Did some arena games last night and didn't find them distracting.

@Lily.Petal
Looks nice, but does a rogue really need party frames that large in a dominant position like that? Looks more like a position suitable for a healer.

03-03-11, 10:19 AM   #240
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
@Lily.Petal
Looks nice, but does a rogue really need party frames that large in a dominant position like that? Looks more like a position suitable for a healer.
I has a Holy Paladin/Priest that my guild switches back and forth between mains I heal quite a lot so I tend to use a generic UI for everyone.

Right now I'm going around changing fonts for everything.

Originally Posted by Toran View Post
Really clean, nice work (and nice mount). Are you using Dominos or something? Looks like it might be nmainbar. I'd suggest trying a bar switch that will toggle a bar to show another if you press Alt or another modifier. That way you can get rid of the floating bar on the lower left and combine it with the rest in the middle.

I see what you are doing with the minimap, but it throws off the symmetry of the UI. Perhaps move that to the right edge of the screen if you want to keep it on the bottom. Maybe just remove the gryphon images?
Hai, I'm using Dominoes, I will try that, the third bar (top most bar) and maybe the middle might be good for that. For the minimap, I have my ThreatMeters and DPS/Healing Charts next to that and will post combat in a little bit to show what I mean, and see what suggestions I might be able to change then.

I'm having a huge problem with fonts right now, because the UnitFrame font does not work for everything, such as the Exp/Rep bar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030311_115149.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	5817  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030311_135635.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	783.9 KB
ID:	5818  

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 03-03-11 at 01:20 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread