09-05-09, 03:03 AM   #141
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Axiem View Post
Is there an easy way to create a bar that attaches to party frames, and gets replicated across each party member? Do I have to create a separate bar for each, and try and get it all lined up myself? Can it automatically pick the right party member?
Originally Posted by numein View Post
Can't really make a bar that would target a party member ...
You can, actually. Right-click on the bar, click Next in the lower right corner, and select the desired party member in the Bar Target dropdown (second from the top).

There is, however, no way to duplicate the bar. You'd have to set up four identical bars. You can line them up by hand with the assistance of an addon like Align, or you can set them up, get them close, then log out and edit the positions in the saved variables file to get it exact.

09-05-09, 03:05 AM   #142
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by ciffor View Post
What's going on - why doesn't Macaroon remember my settings - and most importantly - how can I make it do so?
Are you using Windows Vista with WoW installed in the Program Files directory? Is your hard drive full? Is your saved variables file marked read-only? I've never ever had Macaroon or any other addon fail to save my settings, so I can't help but think there must be something wrong on your system to cause this.

Though, if you are using the Profiles system, it's important to note that you have to manually save the changes you make to a profile. If you get halfway through setting up your bars, save the current set up as a profile, and then make more changes, those changes aren't actually applied to the profile unless you save them to it, so next time you log in, you'll load the profile assigned to your character, which only includes the changes made up to the point where you saved the profile.

09-05-09, 07:06 AM   #143
numein
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You can, actually. Right-click on the bar, click Next in the lower right corner, and select the desired party member in the Bar Target dropdown (second from the top).

There is, however, no way to duplicate the bar. You'd have to set up four identical bars. You can line them up by hand with the assistance of an addon like Align, or you can set them up, get them close, then log out and edit the positions in the saved variables file to get it exact.
Like sad, been a long time since I played with macaroon. Ty for info

09-06-09, 06:07 PM   #144
terracloud
A Murloc Raider

I've been playing with macaroon: extensions, and I love it. The only problem I'm having is making a button that has all the fancy teleport/hearthstone/on-use functions. Is there a way to do this?

09-07-09, 02:24 AM   #145
bahmrockk
A Kobold Labourer
Hi there,
first of all thanks for the great addon, no matter how the rest of this post sounds, my frustration factor is sky high.

After being annoyed by many addons that just werent able to make what i wanted i stepped over macaroon and instantly loved it.
I took the day off yesterday, mainly screwing my whole interface and recreating it.
I had two profiles; pve and pvp - in the first a dualspec was saved in the last one not.
Today, i switched profile because i am to heal in the crusader arena this evening and heyho ... all button settings are gone.
I'm not talking about bar positions etc, 'only' the keybindings. as i am a keybind-only-player that kind of sucks.
i took really much time to configure the stored buttons so that they would've just saved any keybinding i had - and that were a lot ^^
what is funny tho:
when i press 1,2 or 3 the casts bound to those buttons still work - i guess thats thanks to the standard-keybinding system of wow - BUT the buttons 4 and 5, also in the range of the 1 to 12 Action-IDs dont work at all, but are binded correctly.
Therefore i guess its not only the showing of the spells thats messed, but also their settings.
Only solution for me is to uninstall macaroon and reinstall (and reconfigure *cry*) bar4, which sucks big time ... approx 5h wasted for just a step backwards!

hope there is a solution to 'reget' my configuration, for later raids and arena-times ...

thanks,
georg

[edit] failure-upgrade:
now, when loading a profile i get an error msg right along:
Date: 2009-09-07 10:25:46
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index local 'self' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Macaroon\Macaroon.lua:703: v()
...terface\AddOns\MacaroonProfiles\MacaroonProfiles.lua:383: LoadProfile()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:1
[/edit]

[edit2]
two little additions:
a) the profile-error only seems to appear when reloading an already open profile - switching to another and back works
b) the only buttons that seem affected are those action-id-buttons, the macro-buttons seemed to be uneffected - which makes no big difference because except some new macros everything were actionbuttons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090709_101915.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	3321  

Last edited by bahmrockk : 09-07-09 at 02:31 AM.

09-08-09, 12:56 PM   #146
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK, here are some of the error messages. Four errors in six minutes. These seem to error on the same line of code, but not sure this is always the case. Only the first one contains the addon list for brevity:

Date: 2009-09-08 11:35:12
Message: ..\AddOns\MacaroonXtras\MacaroonXtras.lua line 828:
attempt to call global 'PlayerHasSpells' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: PlayerHasSpells()
MacaroonXtras\MacaroonXtras.lua:828: SpellbookButton_OnEnter()
[string "*:OnEnter"]:1:
[string "*:OnEnter"]:1
AddOns:
Swatter, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AckisRecipeList, v1.0 RC7 1681
AucAdvanced, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucFilterBasic, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucFilterOutlier, v5.4.4157.2531
AucMatchUndercut, v5.4.4157.2531
AucScanData, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatClassic, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatHistogram, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatiLevel, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatPurchased, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatSales, v5.4.4157.2842
AucStatSimple, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatStdDev, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
AucStatWOWEcon, v5.4.4157.2530
AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.4.4157.3311
AucUtilAppraiser, v5.4.4157.2530
AucUtilAskPrice, v5.4.4157.3175
AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.4.4157.3142
AucUtilCompactUI, v5.4.4157.2530
AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.4.4157.3583
AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.4.4157.3108
AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.4.4157.2545
AucUtilScanButton, v5.4.4157.2530
AucUtilScanFinish, v5.4.4157.2530
AucUtilScanProgress, v5.4.4157.2530
AucUtilSearchUI, v5.4.4157.3655
AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.4.4157.0
AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.4.4157.2530
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.130
BeanCounter, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
Carbonite, v3.21
CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
Configator, v5.1.DEV.130
CrapAway, v
CTRaidAssist, v3.200 (CTMod 3.2)
CTRaidAssistMTPlayers, v3.200
DBMCore, v
DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.130
DrainSoulTimer, v2.0
Enchantrix, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
EnchantrixBarker, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
EnhTooltip, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
GroupCalendar, v4.5.1
Informant, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
Macaroon, v30100.2.5
MacaroonBound, v30100.2.3
MacaroonCB, v30100.2.3
MacaroonLoot, v30100.2.3
MacaroonXP, v30100.2.3
MacaroonXtras, v30100.2.3
Omen, v3.0.8
Outfitter, v4.7.4
Recount, v
SlideBar, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
Stubby, v5.4.4157 (WallabyII)
TrinityBars2, v30000.1
(ck=712)

Date: 2009-09-08 11:39:50
Debug:
AddOns:

Date: 2009-09-08 11:42:33
Debug:
AddOns:

Date: 2009-09-08 11:45:40
Debug:
AddOns:

09-08-09, 01:25 PM   #147
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh no :( Macaroon doesn't remember the settings

I've just tried a solution for a couple of days, why i haven't replied for some time.

The solution was, to rename all my bars to something else than what Macaroon automaticly named them when made. After this, it runs smoothly and every bar and button is in the same place as when i logged out the last time.

Why this work, i have no idea of.

Regards,
Ciffor

09-08-09, 08:32 PM   #148
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by notarichman View Post
OK, here are some of the error messages. Four errors in six minutes. These seem to error on the same line of code, but not sure this is always the case. Only the first one contains the addon list for brevity:
The addon list is almost never useful, and just annoys everyone who has to scroll through it. Swatter is the only error tool that presents this list. In the future, most of us would prefer you didn't include it.

Anyway, that's a known problem. If you look around in the last few pages of this thread, and in the recent comments on the download page, you'll find the solution. From what I've read, it mainly affects rogues, and is caused by a change Blizzard made in the 3.2 patch. The solution involves commenting out or deleting a line or two.

09-09-09, 08:50 AM   #149
Vesperae
A Kobold Labourer
Hey.

I'm not sure if this has already been dealt with; it's pretty simple, I'm just looking for a more elegant solution to my problem.

I don't like having my main combat action bars around when I don't need em, they just take up screen space. So, I have them set to Reaction so they only pop up when I target something hostile. Which is great.

However, I want to be able to use my keybinds when I'm not in combat sometimes.. mostly bubble and heals for jumpin and falling. So currently I have another bar, same keybinds, set to hidden. technically this means I don't need the keybinds at all on my main bars, but until I have them memorized better I need to see them sometimes. Anyway.. it works. I was just wondering if there was a way to do it without having mirror bars.

09-15-09, 03:54 PM   #150
ShadowDweller
A Kobold Labourer
I have a question. How the heck can i make a totembar? or make blizz's standard totembar appear.

09-16-09, 10:15 PM   #151
Phanx
Cat.

With Macaroon, you can make bars and put your totems on them, just as you did pre-patch.

To show the Blizzard totem bar, you need to un-parent it from the main menu bar, since Macaroon hides the main menu bar, and when you hide a frame, all other frames which are attached to that frame are also hidden. Simply open up any addon's .lua file and add:
Code:
if MultiCastActionBarFrame then
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:SetParent(UIParent)
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:ClearAllPoints()
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, -200)

local dummy = function() return end
	MultiCastActionBarFrame.SetParent = dummy
	MultiCastActionBarFrame.SetPoint = dummy
end
The first part attaches the totem bar to something "safe", and moves it up below the center of your screen. Play with the SetPoint line to get it where you want it.

The second part is needed because Blizzard's code unnecessarily reattaches the totem bar to the main bar on certain events, causing it to be hidden again. By overwriting the attachment and positioning functions on the totem bar with an empty function that doesn't actually do anything, the Blizzard code can safely run without ruining things.

Last edited by Phanx : 09-16-09 at 10:17 PM.

09-28-09, 06:57 AM   #152
sindalee
A Defias Bandit

looks like maul has semi packed up

Updated license: You are free to copy, distribute and to make derivatives of this addon. Maul is undecided if he shall return to the addon making business at this time.

09-28-09, 01:23 PM   #153
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

At lest he is leaving the code open. Thank you Maul!

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

09-28-09, 02:30 PM   #154
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by sindalee View Post
looks like maul has semi packed up
i just saw that, also.

One would hope he'd introduce someone who intends to take over, passing of the bar and whatnot, instead of what happend during his last hiatus where we had 8 different people all competing to issue working updates. That was a nightmare.

I dont want to go back to bartender.

09-28-09, 09:15 PM   #155
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Will someone pick this up?

I would be willing to donate on a regular basis if someone skilled enough would pick this project up and keep it working.

please PM me for any further info regarding this, as i will not be checking here for more follow ups.

09-29-09, 04:06 PM   #156
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Arcadian Del Sol View Post
One would hope he'd introduce someone who intends to take over, passing of the bar and whatnot, instead of what happend during his last hiatus where we had 8 different people all competing to issue working updates. That was a nightmare.
I have asked for assistance in the past, no one has yet to follow through on the request. I am still somewhat available via [email protected]. All someone needs to do is email me. I am willing to try to assist in anyway I can shy of coding and debugging.

People may also email me if they are confused by anything code-wise. If I get the time, I may release a robust commented version.

However, as of now no one needs my permission to continue the project. Someone could start from scratch if they wanted to, just using the concepts and creating fresh code.

My life and addons are just not in sync right now.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

09-29-09, 04:54 PM   #157
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
I have asked for assistance in the past, no one has yet to follow through on the request. I am still somewhat available via [email protected]. All someone needs to do is email me. I am willing to try to assist in anyway I can shy of coding and debugging.

People may also email me if they are confused by anything code-wise. If I get the time, I may release a robust commented version.

However, as of now no one needs my permission to continue the project. Someone could start from scratch if they wanted to, just using the concepts and creating fresh code.

My life and addons are just not in sync right now.
This is unacceptable, how dare you pour your heart soul and hundreds of hours into a project and provide it completely for free for years and then drop it without properly ensuring someone else will volunteer to do hundreds more hours of work and support!

... ok, if you need anything else, I'll be hiding from Maul .

Seriously, Maul the addon rocks, your work is appreciated, and I hope your life has time to do what you ENJOY. If that isn't coding for free, then so be it!

09-29-09, 06:32 PM   #158
Shadowebs
A Kobold Labourer
The new macaroonMiniMap module is causing the following error with WOW INstant Messenger (WIM). Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Date: 2009-09-27 18:18:42
attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
WIM\Modules\MinimapIcon.lua:351: UpdatePosition()
WIM\Modules\MinimapIcon.lua:396: OnEnable()
WIM\Modules\MinimapIcon.lua:400: OnEnable()
WIM\WIM.lua:249: EnableModule()
WIM\WIM.lua:106:
WIM\WIM.lua:68
WIM\WIM.lua:376: fun()
WIM\WIM.lua:332: CoreEventHandler()
WIM\WIM.lua:60:
WIM\WIM.lua:60

10-01-09, 11:16 AM   #159
Gautr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for all the time you spent on the addon, wish you good luck IRL and hope you will do what feels best for you and thanks for the info bout the current stage of the addon dev.

10-01-09, 01:02 PM   #160
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Dear Blizzard,

Hire this guy.

signed,
thousands of your customers.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread