01-23-07, 05:36 PM   #861
tebriael
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Neotu
You guys are not getting the idea of a "Donation". When you donate to an author, it is just that a Donation. Nothing more. You are giving money to the author in hopes that it will help them out. It is not so you can enter a Beta Test team or you get something in return. When you put a few coins into the Salvation Army bucket do you want something back? I hope not. If you are donating in hopes of getting something back then there is really no point in doing it at all.
I give to Salvation Army personally because I personally have used their services, they have helped me in the past, and I expect to eventually need them again, so yes, I donate to the Salvation Army with expectations of using their services myself. Everything is done for a selfish reason, regardless of wether its to get into the Beta team or for the personalized "Thank You". Neither of which I got (at first). At least when I dump change into the Salvation Army's bucket they say thank you. Defend Mazzle all you want, that doesn't change the fact that he/she posted a misleading message to the public which at first glances appeared to give someone a chance to "buy" into the beta group by means of thanking you for said "donation".

I'd be curious as to exactly how many people "donated" for this reason alone.

However, you are correct by dictionary terms. Unfortunatly for the rest of us, the wording in regards to donation went something to the effect of, thanking those who donated by adding them to the beta group.

01-23-07, 06:02 PM   #862
Lyc
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by tebriael
I give to Salvation Army personally because I personally have used their services, they have helped me in the past, and I expect to eventually need them again, so yes, I donate to the Salvation Army with expectations of using their services myself. Everything is done for a selfish reason, regardless of wether its to get into the Beta team or for the personalized "Thank You". Neither of which I got (at first). At least when I dump change into the Salvation Army's bucket they say thank you. Defend Mazzle all you want, that doesn't change the fact that he/she posted a misleading message to the public which at first glances appeared to give someone a chance to "buy" into the beta group by means of thanking you for said "donation".

I'd be curious as to exactly how many people "donated" for this reason alone.

However, you are correct by dictionary terms. Unfortunatly for the rest of us, the wording in regards to donation went something to the effect of, thanking those who donated by adding them to the beta group.

i do agree with Mazz this is not a thread to discuss unitframes/other mods or anything or who deserves a thank you. This thread is for people interested in MazzleUI and to discuss how its coming. I personally think discussing some of hte mods to be used in Mazzle will give people a better understanding of what will be brought into the new UI and may even give insight to Mazzle on what might even be better to use be it for better memory usage, looks, or just what Mazzle thinks is best. As for the donating, it does help a creator to have support like that and it does deserve a thank you, eventually. its not done, nor do i think itll be done soon enough for me or the rest of you (even mazzle) but im sure ther will be a thank you to all who helped with it, so just be patient :P

01-23-07, 06:11 PM   #863
antronics
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
If you want to debate unit frames, that's great, and I do find it interesting. Just find an appropriate thread to do it in. This thread has nothing to do with that.

To be honest, this thread is for people interested in Mazzle UI. And this thread has pleanty of loyal posters, and even more loyal readers. For the people that want this UI, and for the people who have waited a long time for this UI, you cannot blame them for sparking up other conversations about a replacement UI until yours is finally done.

What else can you expect when this UI has taken this long to be made public? I am in no way saying you havent worked hard on this UI, I'm sure you have, but you cannot expect everyone to be like a little puppy dog and focus entirely on your UI. And like I said, this thread has pretty much turned into "What to use until MazzleUI is released"

01-23-07, 06:12 PM   #864
Deyhateme
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Before i answer these questions... lets stop the whoile donation debate which includes Salvation Army rambling k? sweet!. To close the conversation, a donation should be made out of the good of your heart for what mazzle is doing, if mazzle decides to give you a beta copy for your generosity, so be it, if not, dont be shocked. That being said.. lets get to those questions.

Mazzle is right. This is a Thread for MazzleUI. It is here to ask questions about it, get release times and such. We talk about the UI. I did ramble on about the UF thing, but at least we came to agreement in the end. Now... another question if you dont mind Mazzle lol.

1. How big of a download will this be?

2. Will I be able to carry configurations from one toon to another?

3. Will there be options to disable the 3D objects (Such as 3D character rendering) to improve FPS?

I think that is it for now. I hope I am not burdening you with all these questions.
First, i am not a beta tester, but read the complete FAQ and used the UI on multiple characters for the pre 2.0 version. From what i have read, Mazz would like to put the UI at the same level it was before, so i assume most things will be the same.

1) The first DL was 17.61 MB, with all the complex changes and change of mods (i.e DUF to Bongos) the size might change, but i wouldn't expect it to be over 20MB or less than 15MB. Nonetheless, these mods don't require massive amounts of RAM to use, so the size isn't as a big deal as it seems.

2) Mazzle UI isn't like configuring most mods. It uses a unique "Mazzifier" mod, which literally asks you questions of what you like to do in the game, which mods you would like to use, and the certain class (possibly certain spec) that your character is. To answer your question more directly, there probably is a way to keep the same configuration, but configuring the UI is so simple and easy that you should probably just repeat the Mazzifier process with your other toons.

3) Although the demand to use or cut out certain parts of the UI have been high, Mazzle has kept the whole UI a big ol' bundle, meaning that the core parts of the UI (including the 3D unit frames, HUD and so forth) are all comined and mix together. Although there are options to have the minimum, recommended and full compliations, all the compliations have the core parts of the UI. Granted, the core parts really don't decrease your FPS as much as you think, the 3D unit frames actually doesn't affect much or it at all.

Remember, i am not a beta tester, but i am answering this based on my pre 2.0 use and the fact that i've been a loyal follower of this UI since last May . Mazzle, if i got these questions wrong or was wrong to answer these questions on your part than feel free to call me an idiot.

Once again, keep up the good work mazz.

01-23-07, 06:28 PM   #865
nexzt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzle I loved your UI and I cant wait for it to come out. I just sent in a donation, wish I could have sent more, but money is tight. Thanks for making your UI and I hope you keep updating it.

GO MAZZLE GO!!!

Last edited by nexzt : 01-23-07 at 06:35 PM.

01-23-07, 07:46 PM   #866
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazzle is right. This is a Thread for MazzleUI. It is here to ask questions about it, get release times and such. We talk about the UI. I did ramble on about the UF thing, but at least we came to agreement in the end. Now... another question if you dont mind Mazzle lol.

1. How big of a download will this be?

2. Will I be able to carry configurations from one toon to another?

3. Will there be options to disable the 3D objects (Such as 3D character rendering) to improve FPS?

I think that is it for now. I hope I am not burdening you with all these questions.
1. Last version was 11mb.
2. Deyhateme's answer was spot-on. In fact, you really have to run it on every character.
3. No, you can't totally disable them. You can disable random animations and event-based animations. You can also have the efficiency modes automatically turn those animations off in certain contexts.

01-23-07, 07:51 PM   #867
TyWizard
A Murloc Raider
I just want to ask Mazzle how much you think you have done so far. Like a percentage of some sorts to give us Peace of Mind. Just a small percentage having how much you've done and what remaining still needs to be done.

We're so impatient, but we would like to at least keep track of the UI's production.

01-23-07, 07:55 PM   #868
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by antronics
To be honest, this thread is for people interested in Mazzle UI. And this thread has pleanty of loyal posters, and even more loyal readers. For the people that want this UI, and for the people who have waited a long time for this UI, you cannot blame them for sparking up other conversations about a replacement UI until yours is finally done.

What else can you expect when this UI has taken this long to be made public? I am in no way saying you havent worked hard on this UI, I'm sure you have, but you cannot expect everyone to be like a little puppy dog and focus entirely on your UI. And like I said, this thread has pretty much turned into "What to use until MazzleUI is released"
I'm not sure what you mean by this little puppy thing, but I was just asking people to be respectful of the rules of the forums and post in relevent threads. Otherwise, threads become meaningless, content becomes hard to find and all of these threads become the equivalent of chat channels.

There are a lot of forums available here and everyone has the power to start threads with whatever topic they want. I thing a "comparing unit frames" or "what I'm using until release" thread are perfectly good thread ideas you could start instead.

01-23-07, 08:06 PM   #869
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tebriael
Don't donate with the assumption that you will get into the beta testing. I know there was a post that was made by the author of this UI that was slightly misleading. I went back and re-read the post, and yes, to Mazzle's credit there was nothing said directly relating to "if you donate you will get access". I believe the wording was something to the effect of, If you donated (in past tense), email Mazzle with the name you used to donate to be added to the beta group...or something to that effect. But, do not be fooled. If you donate you will NOT get access. (Take it from someone who donated and had to beg for even a "thank you" from the author.)

((I did eventually get a thank you, but only after 2-3 bashings from Mazzle which made me wish I haden't donated.))

I just hope my donation wasn't fruitless, and that this UI eventually does get released to the public.
For the record, I gave nearly every donater in the beginning access. After some of the type of messages I started getting from donaters, I stopped giving it to those who made any insinuation that they were buying something (for e.g. people who would mail me stuff like "I just donated a dollar. E-mail me the beta at soandso.com".) I announced that I was doing that several times in the thread. Moreover, I routinely remove testers that doesn't have the time or interest to participate. In short, this isn't a pay-to-play deal like some of the more cynical people believe. I've been very clear about that and backed that up with action.

btw, I've sent everybody who PM'ed me a thanks. If you want to donate to support or encourage the project, please do. I really appreciate it. If you do it for self-interested reasons as this poster admits to or do it based on incorrect assumptions, you may be disappointed. All I can do is be up front about it, so there it is. Again.

01-23-07, 08:56 PM   #870
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

For the record, I gave nearly every donater in the beginning access. After some of the type of messages I started getting from donaters, I stopped giving it to those who made any insinuation that they were buying something.
Ouch. Very Ouch.

I'm.. Actually kinda insulted now..

My original thought when i donated was that you deserve some sort of reward for the sometimes thankless job that your doing, and some sort of compensation for all the stupid questions you get on the forums.

I tried my best to answer peoples questions to the best of my ability and to direct them to the proper place to find they're questions, but to insinuate that i demanded a entry into the beta is beyond a lie.

Hell, I read all the "donations are not necessarily a way to get into the beta" posts before i even donated, and highly agree with your reasons for doing so. Mazzle UI is not a product and Mazzle UI needs people who will give feedback as opposed to grabbing the LUA and running.

But.. if you can tell me exactly when you thought i was just interested in the UI and trying to buy it off you, i would appreciate it.

I can tell you i'm getting mighty discouraged.

EDIT: In Mazzle's credit, she gave me a very nice thank you PM - i would of been really happy with just that if not for the above post.

Last edited by coniferous : 01-23-07 at 09:34 PM.

01-23-07, 09:17 PM   #871
Imolate
A Defias Bandit

@Mazle

Just wanted to say that i think the mod is kick-ass and im waiting (im)patiently for it to be re-released to the hungering puplic. I lread about the mod on the official wow hunter forum where someone posted "hey, dosent this mod have everything a hunter needs?" and I looked at the screenshot and was just blown away, tried the mod for 1-2 weeks before blizzard decided to bug up their entire ui system.

All i can say is that after i tried (and gotten used to) the recommended setup for hunters i was a happy camper. in fact i got so used to it that it almost crippled my play style for a few days while i readjusted to my old ui settings.

So in short, take the time needed to make this mod all that it can be, but please... hurry

01-23-07, 09:56 PM   #872
antronics
A Murloc Raider
I'm not sure what you mean by this little puppy thing, but I was just asking people to be respectful of the rules of the forums and post in relevent threads. Otherwise, threads become meaningless, content becomes hard to find and all of these threads become the equivalent of chat channels.

There are a lot of forums available here and everyone has the power to start threads with whatever topic they want. I thing a "comparing unit frames" or "what I'm using until release" thread are perfectly good thread ideas you could start instead.
Lets face it Mazzle, this threads begining topic is meaningless, it is nothing more then people saying "OMG gud werk keep it up lawl i want it ETA ETA ETA!!" so I dont know why you would want to save room for that.

Content hard to find? Too late, if you were worried about that you would update everything on your first post in this thread.

As of now, this thread is just a chat channel, a chat channel for people who want this UI.

And what I meant by the little puppy is, you cannot expect everyone in here to only rain praises on you and express how great they THINK this UI will be (and I say THINK because not many people have actually had the chance to use this UI). People will produce relevent conversations, and in this case, a useable UI that they can get without waiting years.

01-23-07, 11:00 PM   #873
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by coniferous
I tried my best to answer peoples questions to the best of my ability and to direct them to the proper place to find they're questions, but to insinuate that i demanded a entry into the beta is beyond a lie.
Huh? I didn't mean to imply that anyone 'demanded' anything and I certainly didn't mean to imply that you did in particular. There is no need to feel any ouch, Coniferous.

The bottom line is that I can't read people's minds. The entire reason I offerred this in the first place was because otherwise I was inviting people blindly. And I wanted to be nice to those who donated. When it comes to inviting people, I've found that some information (that the person was generous enough to make a donation) was better than no information. It's not a terribly good indicator (about 75% don't do anything and are removed), but it's better than nothing. Similarly, when I decided to try to figure out who was just trying to game the policy to download stuff and who was really a good candidate, I used what they said as a rough indicator. I was probably wrong some of the times. I did my best with limited information. Again, I did not mean to say you demanded anything. If a person did demand something, it would have been very easy to figure it out. In most case, it wasn't.

In retrospect, I should have probably offerred nothing to donaters except a thank you. While many of the people who are in the beta group would be disappointed, for me, it's proved to be nothing but a headache. Really, this whole project is turning out that way.

01-23-07, 11:07 PM   #874
Arkaneus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Lets face it Mazzle, this threads begining topic is meaningless, it is nothing more then people saying "OMG gud werk keep it up lawl i want it ETA ETA ETA!!" so I dont know why you would want to save room for that.

Content hard to find? Too late, if you were worried about that you would update everything on your first post in this thread.

As of now, this thread is just a chat channel, a chat channel for people who want this UI.

And what I meant by the little puppy is, you cannot expect everyone in here to only rain praises on you and express how great they THINK this UI will be (and I say THINK because not many people have actually had the chance to use this UI). People will produce relevent conversations, and in this case, a useable UI that they can get without waiting years.
There are times when I am sitting in game, questing, grinding, running a raid, and I catch bits and pieces of "general chat" and even "guild chat" and the only thing that goes through my mind when I see things just like this post is, WTF kind of moron, has nothing better to do that be a top notch critic ass hole. For Gods Sake, if you want to moan and groan, do it to your wall. Litereally, absolutely noone cares.

If you have something negative to say to Mazz, then say it to your GF or your BF. Stop trolling the Forum here, and giving her and the BT's a hard time.

I have ready every single thread there is for MazzleUI, and the same thing goes through my head when I read posts like this guys. WTF is this guys problem.

"Programming" whether you are making an intricate virus scanner, or a 2d video game is VB. Is a very time consuming hobby. I honestly, hope that Mazzle gets the admins to "ban" your ip from the website, when she does finally release this UI, just so you cannot get it. The last thing that Mazz wants to see, are these constant posts that are trying to break him/her down, and make him/her mad, angry, upset, w/e your goal is.

When dealing with any UI or Mod for WoW, use the basic rule, if you dont have anything nice to say, the STFU, and talk to the wall, you'll get a much better response that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the UI itself. There is a lot of time and hard work being put into this mod. Some of you know, some dont. This UI has been in the works for well over a year, and for the short time that the public had a chance to use and play around with it, learned that it was worth the wait. If you were lucky enough to have used it then, then sit back and just enjoy, this next release will definitly, be worth the wait, and patience, and that is greatly appreciated by Mazz, the BT's and the Admins.

For those of you that dont have an once of Patience, and dont have any gratitude towards the work being done here, do us all a favor and gquit life. You'd be doing the world a ton of good by doing so. Stop with the annoying negative crap. Stop with the constant "When is the UI going to be released", stop with the "OMG What am I going to use, until it is released". If you have a question on the programming, if you want to drop some props to Mazz and the BT's, If you want to let Mazz know that you droppeda donation that is cool. But quit, and by quit i mean QUIT!!!!!!! with the berage of constant questions over and over again.

Go through the 80+ pages in this Thread and read each post. If the information that you are wanting to know is not already posted, then ask. If it has been asked, dont remove all doubt from people, and open your mouth. Trust me when I say, Every single individual that has had something said to you by either an Admin, Mazz, a BT, or even just a average joe like me, get the friggen clue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mazz and the rest of the crew. Your doing a great job. The latest updates on the UI itself was good to know. Im glad to see many steps forward with the UI. So far since the release of patch 2.x.x You've adapted to the new code very quickly, and have been doing a great job. Keep the good work.

Atleast you know there are a couple of people here, that actually do understand and appreciate the fine and detailed work being done, to have a "masterpiece" upon release.
Cannot the kingdom of Salvation take me home."

01-23-07, 11:17 PM   #875
Archos
A Theradrim Guardian

All if this bickering and fighting will turn out only one thing, and it will not be good. That one things is that Mazzle will just stop all work on this UI, remove everything from this site and just disappear. Now, if you want that to happen then you are stupid, I personally don't want to see that happen. So, this post is here to end all of this. I am ending my post with a few things that have to do with MazzleUI so it may get others back on track.

Questions:

1. Will we be able to add our own addons/mods to this UI?

2. If I do not want to use a certain mods, lets say Bongos, and I want to use Trinity instead, will it mess stuff up if I disable bongos and install Trinity?

3. I think someone has asked but never got an answer: Will this mod work with Macs?

4. Do you have anything on here that will allow us to move and/or create panels of our own? Example: eePanels or that type of addon.

That is it for now. Hope you can help me here.

Thanks!

Chris Kader
[email protected]

01-23-07, 11:17 PM   #876
Arkaneus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well, I was going to send this in Private to you, but your box was full, and then thought about email, but my reasoning with that was verified, and dont blame ya at all. So Ill just post it here for you to get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im sorry to hear that after all the hard work you've put into this, it is starting to become a headache.

Perhaps if it is easier, you should have 2-3 that are nothing but caretakers of the forums for you, so that it is not such a head ache. that way, you can focus on your own thing, and not worry about doing everything.

when this first started, you wanted something that you enjoyed, something that personalized the game a little more for you, and you went public with it, and alot of people became groupies wanting this, almost needing it. These are the people that are turning this into a headache for you. I understand to an extent what it is that you mean, and why you feel that way. And Im sad to see that b/c of these few individuals you are starting to think the way you are.

However it goes, I hope that you still have the chance to sit back, and get to enjoy the game the way you want to, and with your UI.

Good Luck Mazz, your very talented, and did smething awesome here, and as much as myself and everyone else, would love to see this released and finalized. I would understand if you did call it quits, and left it the way it is and never let anyone grab it. Personally I would not hold it against ya.

And, I do apologize about my post, but they were getting on my nerves, and I know you have alot of people step up in your defense, i havent seen anyone break it down like I did, and just tell to shut up. lol
Cannot the kingdom of Salvation take me home."

01-23-07, 11:25 PM   #877
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Huh? I said NOTHING about people only lavishing praise. I just said that the discussion was getting off-topic and suggested a better place to put those posts. It's not really all that shocking a suggestion.

And my point about posting in the right spots to make finding content easier was a general one. It's the entire reason why there are multiple forums in the first place. Structure and organizations are useful things.

For people who have followed it since the beginning, this thread does serve a purpose. I've always been active in this thread, answering questions nearly everyday and posting information about the latest releases. This is true both now, and before when it was in open beta and more people were running it. That said, I'm not a moderator of this thread. If it devolves into something else, I'll just do what the majority of other people do and just not post or answer questions.

01-24-07, 04:38 AM   #878
darcnes
A Kobold Labourer
Yay

Thanks to Kamishimi and Mazzle for being active in the wow forums with the very attractive Imageshack photo.

After about 7 months of abandoning any UI mods due to disgust with the frequency of resetting every single aspect of my UI (ie. each tuesday), the unpolished look even most full UI mods offered, and the overall tendancy of most mods to change everything about your interface whether you wanted to or not, oh yes and a good 4 months hiatus entirely from wow. I randomly started browsing UI's tonight to see if anything was suitable to my needs and needed as little from me to set up as possible. I've never seen a UI that had a setup wizard built in, that is probably the most badass thing to include in a UI.. aside from everything else I could glean from said pic

I'll be eagerly awaiting and watching for the release of the post beta product. Best wishes to everyone involved in this project, and Mazzle I'm gonna have to say you're my new UI hero!

Last edited by darcnes : 01-24-07 at 04:44 AM.

01-24-07, 05:08 AM   #879
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up gratz and facts

Firstly Arkaneus..... thank you for an amazing post. was a pleasure to read and an honour to have a person such as yourself interested in MazzleUI.

now onto other things.
All if this bickering and fighting will turn out only one thing, and it will not be good. That one things is that Mazzle will just stop all work on this UI, remove everything from this site and just disappear. Now, if you want that to happen then you are stupid, I personally don't want to see that happen. So, this post is here to end all of this. I am ending my post with a few things that have to do with MazzleUI so it may get others back on track.

Questions:

1. Will we be able to add our own addons/mods to this UI?

2. If I do not want to use a certain mods, lets say Bongos, and I want to use Trinity instead, will it mess stuff up if I disable bongos and install Trinity?

3. I think someone has asked but never got an answer: Will this mod work with Macs?

4. Do you have anything on here that will allow us to move and/or create panels of our own? Example: eePanels or that type of addon.

That is it for now. Hope you can help me here.

Thanks!

Chris Kader
[email protected]
1: adding other mods / addons is easy but if it doesnt come with mazzle you will have to setup and incorporate them into the ui as you see fit..... most addons should work without problems as they did in the pre 2.0 fubar!

2: turning off integral parts of mazzleUI will remove alot of the functionality that mazzle has spent alot of time putting together..... I use bongos now because mazzle informed me they would be using it and so have gotten used to the basic layout. but turning it off and using trinity will affect how it all works because you will have to set up ALL the bars yourself to get them to fit into the mazzleUI art.... and also you may lose some of the functions available from bongos or anything mazzle has edited in it.

3: as far as i know the original mazzle worked on the mac but I may be wrong there.... I will leave that open to mazzle and tiger..... or a beta tester if there are any on macs.

4: I dont think there was anything on the pre 2.0 version but I may be wrong...... i only played with the discord mods a little cause mazzle did such a good job that i didnt really need to change anything..... but as with point 1 above adding something like eepanels might not be a problem.

Hope that helps!

01-24-07, 06:28 AM   #880
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
That said, I'm not a moderator of this thread. If it devolves into something else, I'll just do what the majority of other people do and just not post or answer questions.
And *I* will do what I always do. I will come in here, delete all the completely inappropriate posts and if the post in question is severe enough ban the poster.

Take it back to being a civilized thread folks. This is your warning.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI