06-17-13, 08:33 PM   #1
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is it me or....

Is this the most stable release of Carbonite beta yet?

I don't know about everyone else, but I've had no errors at all with Carb alpha r2.

BIG congrats to Rythal for bringing Carb up to a very high standard. Your hard work has paid off it seems

(Watch the errors roll in after I post this....)

06-18-13, 01:58 AM   #2
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Indeed....well done

06-18-13, 09:44 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'm glad things are working... it's allowing me breathing space to do smaller things before I jump back into large changes.

(Watch the errors roll in after I post this....)
Ever since I uploaded the latest alpha i've been waiting for that to happen :P

06-18-13, 01:24 PM   #4
mrtchandler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Now you've done it The only issue for me is the Notes being wrong location But I can live with that.

Kudos Rythal for doing an excellant job

06-18-13, 03:59 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
took a lil break from larger things to add stuff, /way is now 100% compatable with tomtom's accepting a description, and broker support is now built in... i'll look at notes next.

06-18-13, 05:59 PM   #6
Crablouse
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Yes great job!

Just one little annoying thing for me, the quest log window does not remember it last state (minimized) after reload, but I can live with that

06-21-13, 10:49 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Crablouse View Post
Yes great job!

Just one little annoying thing for me, the quest log window does not remember it last state (minimized) after reload, but I can live with that
Does not save on reload for me either.

Happier than a piggy in a blanket with the beta... well done Rythal!!

06-22-13, 09:39 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by mrtchandler View Post
Now you've done it The only issue for me is the Notes being wrong location But I can live with that.

Kudos Rythal for doing an excellant job
mrtchandler, I'm not sure what you meant by "Notes being wrong location".

I'm wondering if you were referring to the same problem I've been having, and that is that quite often, I cannot place a new Note where I want to place it (usually inside a city). Right-clicking anywhere within those areas does not bring up the 'options menu' where I can choose 'add a Note.' Therefore, I have to place any new Notes far away from where the desired Note location should be. I do not recall this issue happening in the original Carbonite. I remember being able to place Notes anywhere (precisely) on any map.

Question to Rythal:
You mentioned recently that the next thing you were going to look at was Notes. I'm curious to know what kinds of options you may have relating to Notes. Can you add new icons? Can you add user-choices of colors to icons, etc.? I'm just wondering if you have any options at all to enhance the Notes 'interface' section, itself. It seems that many users find Notes extremely valuable.

Nevertheless, you resurrected a dying product and made it valuable (with improvements)! Everyone who uses the Carbonite addon appreciates the time you've taken out of your life to help others. You will not be forgotten for your generosity.

06-23-13, 10:34 AM   #9
mrtchandler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Kreelor, when I create NEW notes. sometimes when the note is created the coordinates are wrong, as an example, created a note in Netherstorm for the consortium goods location, the coordinates show up as Burning Steps, 96.6, 6639.7, but listed under Netherstorm.

Now to be clear this does not happen all the time and others are seeing this also, and only in certain locations or I'm guessing depending on your activity (I was flying) may contribute to these ranged coordinates getting added, which put the note in the wrong place.

06-23-13, 12:59 PM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

From Netherstorm to the Burning Steps! That is strange, and it's far from the behavior I've been getting. But, as you said, you did it while flying; I do mine on the ground, zoomed-in fairly close (on the map) to keep the Notes as accurate as possible to their appropriate locations. And, here I was pointing that I couldn't get the Notes within a complete city or else within a few dozen YARDS away from where I wanted them! ha ha.
... At least mine were on the same continent! LOL

Thanks for replying and explaining your situation. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

06-23-13, 04:28 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It's not random, it has to do with notes not yet updated to the new way carbonite stores and uses map information.

The trouble is, when I fix it old notes will no longer be compatable anymore since they were saved using the old single character strbyte method which is why it's breaking, that method like the rest only supported upto 223 zones stored as a specific list which no longer exists when I removed that limitation.

So really, now is the time to say what people would like to see in notes while i'm redoing everything :P I saw kreelor's suggestions, more icons I can look into.. colours i'm not sure about.

I know one thing for sure I want to add is 2 tables, one that is the one's you've created yourself, and one that other addons can modify through api so people can load up an addon that adds say firepit locations, but it's not a permanent change and they can unload it later on without any effect on their current notes.

06-24-13, 01:37 AM   #12
Amerock
A Kobold Labourer
new version of carbonite

i'm sure i have missed it, but i can't seem to find the newest version listed on wowinterface

Last edited by Amerock : 06-24-13 at 01:51 AM.

06-24-13, 05:12 AM   #13
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46515

^ That thread is at the top of this forum, inside is the link for the alpha/beta/Carbonite 2

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Is it me or....