02-22-10, 08:56 AM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UI Changes coming in 3.3.3

Of course they go and make changes just after we work around their other quest tracker rofl .. anyway, here goes with the current PTR 3.3.3 UI Changes.

User Interface
  • All Alert pop-ups now have new and fresh Alert icons.

Auction House
  • If the Auction House on a realm is unavailable for any reason, an alert will pop up informing players who attempt to access it.
  • Players can now Right-Click to place an item in the Auction frame.
  • Entire stacks of a specific item type can be placed in the Auction frame and several options have been added for choosing how to list auctions.
  • Stack Size: If a stack of items has been added to the Auction frame, players can select the size of the stack they wish to sell. If an invalid stack size is entered (i.e. a stack of 21 Saronite Ore), the Create Auction button will be grayed out.
  • Number of Stacks: In addition to selecting the size of a stack, players can select how many stacks of an item they wish to sell (i.e. if a player has a total of 43 Saronite Ore in the Auction frame, they can choose to list 2 stacks of 20, 4 stacks of 10, 8 stacks of 5, 43 stacks of 1, etc. If the number and amount of stacks listed results in a remainder, the left-over items will be placed back in the player's bags automatically).
  • Stack Size and Number of Stacks are linked mathematically so that altering the variables of one may automatically calculate the amount of the other (i.e. if a player puts 20 in the Stack Size field and 43 Saronite Ore are in the Auction frame, the Number of Stacks field will change to 2 by default. If a player only wishes to sell one stack of 20 Saronite Ore, the Number of Stacks field can be manually changed to 1).
  • Price: Players can now choose to input the price of an item Per Stack or Per Item by selecting either option from a pull-down. If Per Item is selected and a player is selling a stack of that item, the Auction House will multiply the selected Per Item price by the amount of that item in the stack. If Per Stack is selected, the player can enter the total price he or she wishes to charge for each stack of that item being listed.
  • Auction Post Completion Bar: If multiple items or stacks of items are being listed at once by a player, a Posting completion bar will appear showing the total progress of each individual auction being listed once the Create Auction button is selected. The greater the number of individual listings being made in a single press of the Create Auction button, the longer this process will take. Players can still browse the Auction House while the Posting completion bar is in progress, but moving around will interrupt the progress, similar to moving while attempting to create multiple bandages with First Aid. Just as with creating bandages, auctions that were completed prior to the character moving or otherwise canceling the actions will successfully be listed.

Dungeon Finder
  • The Deserter debuff given to players who leave a dungeon prematurely when queuing via the Random Dungeon option has been increased to 30 minutes, up from 15 minutes. The cooldown for using the Random Dungeon option remains 15 minutes.
  • The Random Dungeon cooldown is no longer displayed as a debuff. Instead, players will see the cooldown time remaining displayed in the Dungeon Finder window when Random Dungeon or Random Heroic Dungeon is selected from the pull-down.
  • If a player in your party has the Deserter debuff, or is on cooldown from the Random Dungeon option, his or her character name will be displayed in the Dungeon Finder window listed as "On Cooldown," preventing the group from queuing.
  • Anyone in a dungeon party can now re-queue their group for a dungeon, as players will still be prompted whether or not to accept their chosen role.
  • Players who use the Vote Kick option will now be prompted to provide a reason for kicking a party member. This reason will be presented to everyone in the party except for the person voted to be kicked.
  • When joining as a group, more generous level requirements will be used instead of Random Dungeon level requirements so that players of different levels joining together will be eligible for a greater number of dungeons.
  • World Event bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder. Players must use the Dungeon Finder to access these bosses.
  • Parties randomly created via the Dungeon Finder will always be arranged in the party interface from top to bottom in the following order: tank, healer, damage, damage, damage.
  • If a random party is created via the Dungeon Finder and a player cannot roll Need on an item, a reason will now be provided.
  • Authenticator Frame: If a player has a Battle.net Authenticator attached to his or her account and selects Remember Account Name at the login screen, the next time that player logs into World of Warcraft, a field to input the Authenticator code will be displayed below the password field.
  • The World Map will now provide an option to display different levels of a multi-layered dungeon, zone, or city (i.e. players can view the map of the Dalaran Sewers without having to be in that location).

Quest Tracking Feature
  • The Quest Tracking Objectives Frame can now be widened via the Interface Options menu.
  • The short description for a tracked quest is now displayed on the Map in the quest pane.
  • Quest items in a player's inventory which begin quests now each have an exclamation point overlaid on their icons to make them more easily identifiable.
  • If a players selects Track Low Level Quests, the quest objectives will no longer appear dim on the Map, nor will the exclamation points appear dim over NPC heads or on the Mini-Map.
  • Objectives Frame
    • The Objectives Frame will now list the number of quests displayed at the top. In addition, players can now click on the word "Objectives" at the top of the Objectives Frame for a list of sorting and filtering options which will determine how quests are ordered. Any quests or achievements filtered or sorted out of the Objectives Frame are still being tracked and are simply hidden in this frame.
    • Sorting
      • Sort by most difficult quests.
      • Sort by least difficult quests.
      • Sort by quests closest in proximity to the player (this will automatically update as players travel around).
      • Manual sorting: This allows players to Right-Click on each quest name in the Objectives Frame and determine in what order they should be placed.
    • Filtering
      • Toggle achievement tracking.
      • Toggle completed quest tracking.
      • Toggle tracking quest objectives in other zones.
      • Players can now Shift + Click on a quest objective or check the Track Quest box on the Map to track a quest in the Objectives Frame.

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-22-10 at 09:00 AM.

02-22-10, 09:11 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It doesn't look like most of those changes will have much if any impact on the quest tracking plugin. The only one that might be an issue is the frame width option in the interface settings menu. My advice would be to simply disable it if the info panel function is active.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-22-10, 09:35 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, was thinking either build the option into the addon or just ignore it. Probably easier to work it into the addon.

Maybe have the text re-parented as well, so that the scrollframe literally just has the quest/objectives etc with the headings always available. Will see how things work though.

What is good though is that this appeared before I started work on the UI settings being designed. So I can plan things around what will be needed in 3.3.3 and have the two updates coincide.

03-11-10, 05:15 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
*Grumbles*

After finally getting my latest set of updates done to the ScrollingWatchFrame I thought I would jump into the test server and see how things are looking there.... bam, even without addons the quest tracking window won't expand or move rofl.

Bug reported and I guess I wait until they fix that before progressing further with it *sigh*.

03-11-10, 06:43 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

~lol~

Isn't modding fun?

03-12-10, 09:25 AM   #6
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
~lol~

Isn't modding fun?

Don't you mean "Isn't doing things that cause you to drink more fun?"

Marth

03-12-10, 10:07 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

~roflmao~

03-12-10, 10:16 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
*Grumbles*

After finally getting my latest set of updates done to the ScrollingWatchFrame I thought I would jump into the test server and see how things are looking there.... bam, even without addons the quest tracking window won't expand or move rofl.

Bug reported and I guess I wait until they fix that before progressing further with it *sigh*.
I fixed up WFWW on the PTR last night. The WatchFrame expands fine, once you realize where it is/how it works. Interface -> Objectives, there is a checkbox to make the WatchFrame wider. You'll have to check the CVar on login to decide how wide to make your container frame that you have the WatchFrame in, and then look for the CVAR_UPDATE event to catch any changes to it.

/edit: And it's still immovable.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-12-10, 10:57 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I fixed up WFWW on the PTR last night. The WatchFrame expands fine, once you realize where it is/how it works. Interface -> Objectives, there is a checkbox to make the WatchFrame wider. You'll have to check the CVar on login to decide how wide to make your container frame that you have the WatchFrame in, and then look for the CVAR_UPDATE event to catch any changes to it.

/edit: And it's still immovable.
Oh, I meant the default blizzard one. When I logged in to see how their's all worked last night it refused to expand despite having 10 achievements tracked and several quests. I'll try again today in case my logging in first with nUI and my log in messed things up. Before the last two patches it worked fine and was just my own addon that glitched out.

Hmm, well I have been checking the check box for the wider objectives but seeing as the default tracker itself won't expand I can't see what else they have added. *sigh*. So yeah, still erroring out again for me. Seerah ? You not getting this error ?

[2010/03/12 16:59:37-39-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:682: bad argument #1 to 'band' (number expected, got nil):
Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:682: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:618>:
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:376: in function `WatchFrame_Update':
Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:242: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:230>:

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-12-10 at 11:03 AM.

03-12-10, 11:10 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, I'm getting a different error from Blizzard's feedback addon, having to do with the tooltips for my quests.

The default tracker was expanding just fine for me.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-12-10, 12:12 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, thanks Seerah. I'll do a clearout of the WTF files just in case they're messed up.

03-13-10, 02:24 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, well wiped my whole wtf folder and relogged into the test server and bam .. same error again and default tracker not responding.

Guess I'll wait until the next patch goes there or I'll just have to fix things once it goes live .. well hopefully without that error occuring which is beyond my control.

03-15-10, 01:06 AM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, just reinstalled the test server again and repatched and the same error occurred. Reported it again with extra information I missed off before. I just don't know why I am getting this error when 3 patches ago everything was fine.

03-15-10, 02:46 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And after getting my brother to test his version which is what I originally copied over I went in and created a new character. No error.

So, either my copy over character got corrupted data wise or something in her data doesn't agree with the new watch frame that isn't local to the computer. So not sure how things will pan out when it goes live. Of course it worked before the last 3 patches and then didn't afterward but I had done more work on my watch frame since then.

03-18-10, 04:22 PM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Woot .. well so far so good .. after a few full days of working on this and I think I have got it at least working 99%. The other 1% being the slight bug that repositions the frame if you have it positioned in a place that may cause boundary issues.

If you wanna read up on what I have been doing to utilise/test the new functionality its on the addons comment pages here : http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments. Otherwise here's a screen shot of it at least working without nUI. Testing that next

In the screenshot you will see the filter options and 3 quests displayed due to the filter showing all. If we turn off completed and remote then only 1 will display. If nothing is being tracked then the frame will hide if autohide is not switched off and not in an infopanel but if there is nothing being displayed but there is something being tracked it will just collapse.

Theoretically the infopanel version should work perfectly as the main changes are to do with collapsing, expanding and displaying which is pretty much ignored with everything expanded and shown rofl.

Once I have everything working on 3.3.3 then I will re-test to see if the tests I made in the addon are enough for it to work in 3.3.2 as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031810_221021.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	4095  

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-18-10 at 04:24 PM.

03-18-10, 04:59 PM   #16
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm sorry... posting pictures of WoW without the nUI interface is prohibited by law and punishable by cancellation of your Aion account.

Don't make me go punk on you Xrystal!

~grin~

03-18-10, 05:03 PM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I'm sorry... posting pictures of WoW without the nUI interface is prohibited by law and punishable by cancellation of your Aion account.

Don't make me go punk on you Xrystal!

~grin~

Psst .. not playing aion now rofl. so nyah Playing Star Trek now But it does look like he may decide to come back for cataclysm. Rofl, we logged in 2 weekends ago and felt so lost when doing a simple heroic rofl.

Seriously though. Its easier to fix without nUI first then test the nUI elements didn't get broke

03-19-10, 07:22 AM   #18
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Live long and prosper!

03-21-10, 07:23 AM   #19
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
*grumbles* .. just plugged in nUI onto the test center with my newly upgraded WatchFrame and bam .. now nUI isn't showing as loaded in time to do the infopanel *sigh*. Looks like more work to get that working too.

03-21-10, 07:43 AM   #20
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You have to make your addon dependent on nUI (as an optional dependency). That (should) cause WoW to load nUI first if it is present.

EDIT: There is another trick you can do...

Code:
if not IsAddOnLoaded( "nUI" ) then
    LoadAddOn( "nUI );
end

if IsAddOnLoaded( "nUI" ) then
    nUIStuff();
end

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » UI Changes coming in 3.3.3